Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2023, 10:05 PM

93 posts, read 75,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
that's good. Are you guys using Fios or the other internet company (I forgot the name they mentioned during the viewing)? I'm not sure how good is the company they recommended.
I have wifi only and signed up for Fios. No complaints. During the move in inspection, I was told that for wifi-only, Natural Wireless is a better choice since it's already hooked up all throughout the building and you get a month free. It was being hooked up by that point but no biggie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2023, 11:11 PM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
Quote:
that's good. Are you guys using Fios or the other internet company (I forgot the name they mentioned during the viewing)? I'm not sure how good is the company they recommended.
I kept my fios. I have such an amazing rate that I would lose if I left and one day chose to come back.

Quote:
How do you like it so far? I think it's been a while since you moved there.
Yup it’s been a bit over a month now. I love it so much. It’s such an upgrade from my old living space. Absolutely no complaints from my end. Any building requests get handled within a day. Staff is very nice. Location is such a convenience for me in regards to doggy day care, commuting to work, grocery, etc.

Don’t forget there’s no overhead lighting in the bedroom/living room. Luckily for me I hated the “white office light” from my old apartment so I bought and only used lamps.

Amenities are nice. Maybe the strength studio could’ve used some extra machines but that’s fine. Everything has been kept clean and the sauna is great.

The parking situation is the only thing that is not ideal. But this is NYC lol. I hope to get rid of my car soon anyway so that will be a non issue then.

The views from my unit are also nice. I didn’t realize I’d like it so much since it’s not technically NYC skyline. The other day when it was super foggy I felt like I was on a much higher floor living in the clouds lol.

I hope my experience here stays this pleasant! What’s going on with you? Are you still deciding if you want to move in? What’s your anticipated move in date?

Old 01-05-2023, 07:23 PM

522 posts, read 506,214 times
Curious if it took them a long time to give anyone else a move-in date. My representative has not responded to my emails after the tour

Old 01-05-2023, 07:42 PM

71 posts, read 59,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
I kept my fios. I have such an amazing rate that I would lose if I left and one day chose to come back.

Yup it’s been a bit over a month now. I love it so much. It’s such an upgrade from my old living space. Absolutely no complaints from my end. Any building requests get handled within a day. Staff is very nice. Location is such a convenience for me in regards to doggy day care, commuting to work, grocery, etc.

Don’t forget there’s no overhead lighting in the bedroom/living room. Luckily for me I hated the “white office light” from my old apartment so I bought and only used lamps.

Amenities are nice. Maybe the strength studio could’ve used some extra machines but that’s fine. Everything has been kept clean and the sauna is great.

The parking situation is the only thing that is not ideal. But this is NYC lol. I hope to get rid of my car soon anyway so that will be a non issue then.

The views from my unit are also nice. I didn’t realize I’d like it so much since it’s not technically NYC skyline. The other day when it was super foggy I felt like I was on a much higher floor living in the clouds lol.

I hope my experience here stays this pleasant! What’s going on with you? Are you still deciding if you want to move in? What’s your anticipated move in date?

That's great! Glad you like it.

I am on the fence but leaning towards moving in and hoping that the constant subway noise won't be an issue in long term. I think new Housing Connect lotteries will be less and less since the tax exemption program expired and most of them will be tiny, more expensive with less stuff. They sent me the lease prep questionnaire and told me that they are ready to move forward. I'm just trying to organize things in my mind like which moving company to use, how much it would cost, where to get boxes etc.

Old 01-05-2023, 08:01 PM

603 posts, read 599,759 times
Free moving boxes on craigslist. Just do a search.

Old 01-06-2023, 08:16 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
I just got an automatic email from the HC 2.0 to submit initial documents for Sven, my log #75XX. I will withdraw as I've already lived in a lottery unit so this is just for information to those who are wondering what log #s they were up to

Old 01-06-2023, 08:20 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
Thanks for sharing! Glad to know you are enjoying your new crib!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post

Old 01-06-2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Thanks for sharing! Glad to know you are enjoying your new crib!!!
Thank you so much!!

Old 01-06-2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:
That's great! Glad you like it.

I am on the fence but leaning towards moving in and hoping that the constant subway noise won't be an issue in long term. I think new Housing Connect lotteries will be less and less since the tax exemption program expired and most of them will be tiny, more expensive with less stuff. They sent me the lease prep questionnaire and told me that they are ready to move forward. I'm just trying to organize things in my mind like which moving company to use, how much it would cost, where to get boxes etc.
Everyone’s situation is different. I hope you make the decision that’s best for you

I used Piece of Cake moving and loved them. Will reuse again if I ever move (hopefully not anytime soon lol). Not much pricier than others I looked into. The guys were great, super quick, protected all my furniture thoroughly. No complaints here.

Old 01-07-2023, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,884 times
Hi All!

Any updates for those who have moved in/in the process of moving in/ have been contacted? I was asked for additional documents on 12/15 and haven't heard anything since. My log number is 66xx and I've seen some, around that number. I am also currently living in the area (not sure if that makes a difference community board wise). This is just my impatience talking haha.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery