Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 09:41 AM

63 posts, read 65,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlip View Post
For those curious about the timeline, they reached out to the first batch of applicants today. My log # is under 25, but I will not be going forward.
Thanks for the update! I have a log # in the 2xx's and they didn't reach out for documents yesterday. I wonder what batch size they're doing?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 09:53 AM

453 posts, read 497,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
Thanks for the update! I have a log # in the 2xx's and they didn't reach out for documents yesterday. I wonder what batch size they're doing?
Oh no - that sounds like they're doing it in teeny batches then, either 100 or 200 at a time. I might have to wait a bit, then \

With the number of open apps, they've nothing to lose by doing it 1,000 at a time, I wouldn't think. I bet the majority of people drop out before they even submit, and then a lot who do submit probably don't qualify.

Please let us all know when you hear back!

Old 04-07-2022, 10:04 AM

63 posts, read 65,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Oh no - that sounds like they're doing it in teeny batches then, either 100 or 200 at a time. I might have to wait a bit, then \

With the number of open apps, they've nothing to lose by doing it 1,000 at a time, I wouldn't think. I bet the majority of people drop out before they even submit, and then a lot who do submit probably don't qualify.

Please let us all know when you hear back!
Keeping us on the edge of our seats - ha!! Yeah, with so many units available, I thought they would have had bigger batches. But it might come down to a staff capacity thing. Just hoping people don't accidentally get skipped, which I've heard has happened before

Old 04-07-2022, 01:33 PM

So, I was looking at some pics of the building from various angles and noticed that it's been built literally feet away from the clock tower building? It's not the prettiest of buildings and it is 14 stories high! So basically the apartments directly behind it probably won't be getting any light at all. Seems like some bad planning.

Am I catastrophizing by assuming that all the lottery apartments will 'coincidentally' be in the (literal) shadow of this thing? Floor to ceiling windows mean nothing if no light is coming your way. I hope it isn't that way but my spidey senses are tingling.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:27 PM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
I’m very impatient for this one. I absolutely do not like my current building or neighborhood (although the unit itself is nice). The price is also similar to what I’m paying now, however I can give up my car entirely and save $. I see the building from queensboro plaza which would cut my commute time in half.

I’m so desperate for this i would take any layout, even the one with the kitchen by the bathroom lmao

Old 04-07-2022, 03:29 PM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Does anyone know what documents they ask for? Is birth certificate required for those over 18?

Old 04-07-2022, 04:26 PM

30 posts, read 42,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
So, I was looking at some pics of the building from various angles and noticed that it's been built literally feet away from the clock tower building? It's not the prettiest of buildings and it is 14 stories high! So basically the apartments directly behind it probably won't be getting any light at all. Seems like some bad planning.

Am I catastrophizing by assuming that all the lottery apartments will 'coincidentally' be in the (literal) shadow of this thing? Floor to ceiling windows mean nothing if no light is coming your way. I hope it isn't that way but my spidey senses are tingling.
I thought the same thing. But when i look at it on google maps, there seems to be a bunch of vents behind the clock building.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:34 PM

4 posts, read 4,486 times
does anyone have experience applying to these after moving out of home? I have no previous rent stubs to give because I was finishing school last year and living from home, but now I am employed at a great job. Hoping they don't discriminate, I really want this apartment and have finally a decent log number (#39xx).

Old 04-07-2022, 06:45 PM

45 posts, read 54,444 times
I actually just found out my good friend is the Residential Lease Administrator for this building.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochochino View Post
I actually just found out my good friend is the Residential Lease Administrator for this building.
Ooh! If your friend has any lottery-specific floorplans to share or info about which floors etc. we would love to know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery