Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2022, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 6,683 times

Advertisements

I too was recently contacted at the end of July to submit documents. I submitted my documents within two days. I have not heard back from anyone. I did speak to one person and she told me to email to check on the status of my application. That was the first week of August. I have emailed and called again. No responses to my emails or voicemails that I leave after being transferred. It is definitely a waiting process. Hope to hear something soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 12:49 PM

31 posts, read 36,301 times
That's awesome @132madison!! What's your log # and do you have any preferences? I hope you hear back soon

Old 09-14-2022, 05:59 AM

Good Morning to All.

I do not see any preferences on my dashboard. Where would I see them? My log# is 6387.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:08 AM

2,044 posts, read 1,662,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 132madison View Post
Good Morning to All.

I do not see any preferences on my dashboard. Where would I see them? My log# is 6387.
These preferences are about set aside allotment of a percentage of units. They are not about does the applicant want a unit on high floor or a low floor or what not. Just to be very clear.

Preferences are Mobility disability, Vision or Hearing disability. Do you think you qualify for these? There is a place in your profile for HC2 to indicate you think you qualify. The next preference is for Community Board resident; roughy speaking in this specific lottery, ‘do you live in East Harlem?’ (It’s a specific are, likely north of E96, and east of 5th Ave.). The system should be able to detect from you address in your profile if you qualify for this Community Board preference. The last preference is municipal employee which surely must include City employees but maybe also other government employees such as State, Fed, County. There is a place in your profile to say if you are a municipal employee.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
These preferences are about set aside allotment of a percentage of units. They are not about does the applicant want a unit on high floor or a low floor or what not. Just to be very clear.

Preferences are Mobility disability, Vision or Hearing disability. Do you think you qualify for these? There is a place in your profile for HC2 to indicate you think you qualify. The next preference is for Community Board resident; roughy speaking in this specific lottery, ‘do you live in East Harlem?’ (It’s a specific are, likely north of E96, and east of 5th Ave.). The system should be able to detect from you address in your profile if you qualify for this Community Board preference. The last preference is municipal employee which surely must include City employees but maybe also other government employees such as State, Fed, County. There is a place in your profile to say if you are a municipal employee.

Good luck and good patience.
I know what the preferences are. I just do not see if any was applied to my profile. I am a city employee and live in East Harlem.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132madison View Post
I know what the preferences are. I just do not see if any was applied to my profile. I am a city employee and live in East Harlem.
On my screen it’s like this. Log in. Go to your name in the top right corner. In the drop down menu go to “My Household”, click “show more”. See the part on the right (Living Address Community Board). There is a 3 digit Community Board code. For East Harlem I suspect it is 111.

[ It seems CB numbers, for data control purposes, the Manhattan ones start with 1 and have to be three digits. So, CB 5 is CB 105. That way CB 5 Manhattan is not confused with CB 5 Bronx. ]

I forget where City employee is.

It can be hard to know if you are called to submit documents as a result of CB, City Employee, or just General Population. It’s all one set of log#s. Your log# does not reveal preferences. The part of the page for an individual building does not say if you qualify for preferences or not.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
On my screen it’s like this. Log in. Go to your name in the top right corner. In the drop down menu go to “My Household”, click “show more”. See the part on the right (Living Address Community Board). There is a 3 digit Community Board code. For East Harlem I suspect it is 111.

[ It seems CB numbers, for data control purposes, the Manhattan ones start with 1 and have to be three digits. So, CB 5 is CB 105. That way CB 5 Manhattan is not confused with CB 5 Bronx. ]

I forget where City employee is.

It can be hard to know if you are called to submit documents as a result of CB, City Employee, or just General Population. It’s all one set of log#s. Your log# does not reveal preferences. The part of the page for an individual building does not say if you qualify for preferences or not.
Good Morning,

Thank you. I did see the CB code. And yes it is 111.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:40 AM

171 posts, read 196,230 times
@Wildaboutharry - Good Afternoon, i know this is the thread for Sendero but can you let me know what's the CB for Rego Park / Forest Hills? Its listed as 406 on my profile and i want to make sure that is correct. You are extremely informative.

Thank You

Old 09-16-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
@Wildaboutharry - Good Afternoon, i know this is the thread for Sendero but can you let me know what's the CB for Rego Park / Forest Hills? Its listed as 406 on my profile and i want to make sure that is correct. You are extremely informative.

Thank You
There is page where you can enter your address and borough and it will say what CB it is. Search for it.

See the link below. It shows Rego Park as CB 6. Based on what you posted, 4 is the first digit for all Queens three digit CB code. Like 1 is the first digit for all Manhattan s digit CB codes. They need the zero in the middle because there are some CB numbers past 9. CB code 46 would not be good because there are not that many districts.

https://queensbp.org/community-boards/

Old 09-17-2022, 10:27 AM

138 posts, read 164,444 times
There are a lot of apartments, I don’t know why I thought they would breeze through CB. I’ll just have to be patient
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery