Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2022, 06:05 AM

11 posts, read 7,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysia15m View Post
Congratulations!! How many days it took for you for hpd to approve?
It took 1 DAY after they emailed me and was told my Documents were submitted to HPD. I was shocked. I honestly couldn’t believe it. I’ve been reaching out to tour the unit but it has been such a mess to reach the right person. I’m just patiently waiting to be contacted at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 06:41 AM

13 posts, read 10,026 times
I will be the first one to move in as a lottery winner (they originally wanted me to move in 12/1 but my current lease is up at 11/15 so I had to push), Log number was low 200s, CB, my first time winning a lottery after applying for 6 years. I got a one bed and the entire process was super quick: Contacted by reside on a Wednesday last week of October, got everything sent over to HPD by end of day Friday, and by Monday I was informed that HPD approved my application.

Move in fees- $1000 security, first month, and one time pet fee ($300) if you have one.

Because I was early in the process, I was able to see multiple layouts for the one bed, so definitely ask and I'm sure they'll show you during the tour, depending on what's available. The entire building is only about 20% occupied.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I had a wonderful experience with Reside (50+ emails back and fourth in 3 days plus 5 phone calls where I didn't understand what they needed).

Old 11-12-2022, 06:46 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
Oh wow that’s like record breaking fast. This building might fill up the units faster than the other 3 buildings in the greenpoint landing lol

Old 11-12-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolx View Post
Question to those who were called to see the apartment. Were you assigned a specific apartment number or were you able to choose which floor if you were given for example a studio?
I was assigned a specific number but was able to look at multiple layouts and choose the floor.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:48 AM

46 posts, read 34,984 times
Im getting ahead of myself but I’m gen pop log #4xxx. If I stay with my current job I’m in 80% AMI but it’s looking like that AMI is competitive. Should I just accept my offer for a higher paying job that will bump me up to 125% AMI? It’s pricey but isn’t most of 125% being placed in 227 West if I’m correct? I guess it wouldn’t hurt if I could enjoy more amenities.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:01 AM

138 posts, read 156,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknwn90 View Post
It took 1 DAY after they emailed me and was told my Documents were submitted to HPD. I was shocked. I honestly couldn’t believe it. I’ve been reaching out to tour the unit but it has been such a mess to reach the right person. I’m just patiently waiting to be contacted at this point.
That’s crazy fast wow !!

Old 11-12-2022, 07:53 AM

150 posts, read 130,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveinthemeow View Post
I will be the first one to move in as a lottery winner (they originally wanted me to move in 12/1 but my current lease is up at 11/15 so I had to push), Log number was low 200s, CB, my first time winning a lottery after applying for 6 years. I got a one bed and the entire process was super quick: Contacted by reside on a Wednesday last week of October, got everything sent over to HPD by end of day Friday, and by Monday I was informed that HPD approved my application.

Move in fees- $1000 security, first month, and one time pet fee ($300) if you have one.

Because I was early in the process, I was able to see multiple layouts for the one bed, so definitely ask and I'm sure they'll show you during the tour, depending on what's available. The entire building is only about 20% occupied.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I had a wonderful experience with Reside (50+ emails back and fourth in 3 days plus 5 phone calls where I didn't understand what they needed).
Congrats! What’s your AMI?

Old 11-12-2022, 09:46 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romysdogmom View Post
Im getting ahead of myself but I’m gen pop log #4xxx. If I stay with my current job I’m in 80% AMI but it’s looking like that AMI is competitive. Should I just accept my offer for a higher paying job that will bump me up to 125% AMI? It’s pricey but isn’t most of 125% being placed in 227 West if I’m correct? I guess it wouldn’t hurt if I could enjoy more amenities.
I believe 125% is in West .. it may not be..and it's way less competitive than the 80% AMI... ultimately it's up to you.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:17 AM

20 posts, read 31,679 times
What is Susan’s email?

Old 11-12-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikilove185 View Post
congrats! What’s your ami?
125%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery