Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 06:39 PM

11 posts, read 8,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbil64 View Post
By any chance can you tell us what your ami is? I have a pretty high log # 8XXX and I wanted to gauge what my chances were of getting a unit.
Sure thing! I’m 80% AMI. Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Quick update for anyone wondering.. My log # is 81xx with CB. I just got off the phone with Reside 5 minutes ago. I'm in batch 5 if that helps anyone who is basing progress off of similar log #'s. The woman said 18 people so far have been selected for apartments. So, anyone who's wondering how many apartments have been given away, it's 18. jl0461 got an apartment with log # 3xxx so that gives an idea of what log # they're around. Good luck everyone!!
Wow this is amazing info for an understanding of where they are in the process. Much appreciated.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:57 PM

800 posts, read 733,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc2022 View Post
There was nothing wrong with my post, because it’s truthful and my honest account of my housing lottery experience. If you’re lucky enough to have completed the process, why are you policing my post when I’m just hoping for a positive outcome? I find that really strange.

Maybe someone else heard those same words “high chance” and then got called to view an apartment. Maybe that person does/doesn’t have CB preference. The purpose is to share what we each are discovering and to post it here in hopes to give someone else insight no matter where you are in the process. I’m not sure what you aren’t understanding.
Lol “policing” your post. By all means post whatever you like & I shall call out what makes no sense. I am all for sharing experiences but you asking a random forum what are your chances after hearing directly from the marketing agency that your chances are high is the ONLY part which I felt was dumb, not sure what YOU aren’t understanding.

You are so hurt over my comment, it was never that serious.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:41 PM

196 posts, read 178,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo70 View Post
So should we be calling in after we submit documents? Or do we submit documents and just wait to hear back. I am still learning how this works.
You can wait to hear back - they will definitely reach back out to you. But feel free to call or email to follow-up, never hurts in my opinion.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Lol “policing” your post. By all means post whatever you like & I shall call out what makes no sense. I am all for sharing experiences but you asking a random forum what are your chances after hearing directly from the marketing agency that your chances are high is the ONLY part which I felt was dumb, not sure what YOU aren’t understanding.

You are so hurt over my comment, it was never that serious.
Who cares what you feel is dumb? Absolutely no one. Multiple other people found it HELPFUL as clearly stated several times. Hence the point in this forum. So again, if I was able to even give one or two other people information that produced peace of mind into the process or insight, it was worth it. You’re a non-factor in the equation and clearly upset about something else in your personal life that has 0 to do with my post lol

Old 11-09-2022, 09:07 PM

31 posts, read 28,633 times
Question to those who were called to see the apartment. Were you assigned a specific apartment number or were you able to choose which floor if you were given for example a studio?

Old 11-09-2022, 10:58 PM

800 posts, read 733,175 times
Quote:
Who cares what you feel is dumb? Absolutely no one. Multiple other people found it HELPFUL as clearly stated several times. Hence the point in this forum. So again, if I was able to even give one or two other people information that produced peace of mind into the process or insight, it was worth it. You’re a non-factor in the equation and clearly upset about something else in your personal life that has 0 to do with my post lol
For a non factor it’s you getting awfully upset. Never have I seen someone so sensitive on a forum wow. And the point is literally going over your head. Can’t argue with stupid so I refuse to entertain this any further and flood this thread with unnecessary back and forth. Good luck with your process.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:53 AM

390 posts, read 352,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo70 View Post
So should we be calling in after we submit documents? Or do we submit documents and just wait to hear back. I am still learning how this works.
We're supposed to be waiting, but if you're like us and are really curious you can call.. try to get some idea of how things are going.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:02 AM

390 posts, read 352,502 times
Quote:
Wow this is amazing info for an understanding of where they are in the process. Much appreciated.
No problem, good luck!

Old 11-10-2022, 05:47 AM

69 posts, read 58,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolx View Post
Question to those who were called to see the apartment. Were you assigned a specific apartment number or were you able to choose which floor if you were given for example a studio?
This is what kind of happened to me. They offered me a studio but it was so small and the layout was not great. It looked like my college dorm. I was able to ask if they have any other layouts and they were able to accommodate me to a better set up. I guess it’s who you have as your agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery