Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 03:45 PM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,070 times

Advertisements

Any progress on a non-management run building portal to discuss any issues?

Can spin something up if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 09:08 AM

233 posts, read 289,510 times
Does anyone know if all the 2 bedroom 125% AMI and 130% AMI have been taken? I'm asking for my friend who isn't in this group but who lives in the community board and has a decent number

Old 05-08-2023, 02:12 PM

72 posts, read 78,338 times
Just received a request to submit docs today. Will most likely be withdrawing as I’m in the final, final stages of another lottery…. Pending lease signing.

Log #5XXX; 125% AMI; No CB

Old 05-08-2023, 02:47 PM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
I was also called to submit documents Log #5XXX; 125/130 AMI 1bed or studio no cb

Old 05-15-2023, 03:46 PM

4 posts, read 4,500 times
I feel like I’m being racially profiled from this building. Originally they gave me a 80% 2br but my voucher increased to 4,000 and I asked for an apartment in a higher Ami and they showed me a unit that looked just like the one I was getting but it’s more money ..and told me that was the last one available I know they have apartments in eagle st and 227 so why are they doing that to me ? I feel like they are racially profiling me because of my voucher.who do I contact for help because this is not right !

Old 05-16-2023, 02:00 PM

30 posts, read 31,481 times
Thanks to everyone for the advice and insight on this forum! Been living at 227 West St a couple weeks, and I love it! I live in a studio and it feels bigger than the 1 BR I left in Astoria. The floor to ceiling glass windows let a lot of light into the apartment and the view is incredible. I’m just using a square shelf bookcase as a separator between the bed and living area and it works well while still having that open feel. The doormen are pretty friendly and the amenities are great. I have an atypical schedule, working only 4 days/week so, when I do use the amenities on weekdays, I’ve noticed that few people use the gym/pool. Typically there’s 3 people there when I go and most times, I feel like I have the pool/gym to myself. I also feel like 1 Eagle Street has a lot of empty apartments (all market rate) as at night I can see that the lights are on in the apartments but they’re clearly unoccupied. I can’t think of a better luxury building. My friend lives in One South 1st in domino park and even she’s amazed at Eagle+West when I show her pics/vids.

Old 05-17-2023, 05:36 AM
GPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
Thanks to everyone for the advice and insight on this forum! Been living at 227 West St a couple weeks, and I love it! I live in a studio and it feels bigger than the 1 BR I left in Astoria. The floor to ceiling glass windows let a lot of light into the apartment and the view is incredible. I’m just using a square shelf bookcase as a separator between the bed and living area and it works well while still having that open feel. The doormen are pretty friendly and the amenities are great. I have an atypical schedule, working only 4 days/week so, when I do use the amenities on weekdays, I’ve noticed that few people use the gym/pool. Typically there’s 3 people there when I go and most times, I feel like I have the pool/gym to myself. I also feel like 1 Eagle Street has a lot of empty apartments (all market rate) as at night I can see that the lights are on in the apartments but they’re clearly unoccupied. I can’t think of a better luxury building. My friend lives in One South 1st in domino park and even she’s amazed at Eagle+West when I show her pics/vids.
How much are the amenities a month at 227 West with & without pool access? And do you need to commit longterm or is it month to month?

Old 05-22-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
How much are the amenities a month at 227 West with & without pool access? And do you need to commit longterm or is it month to month?
It’s $150 for the gym/grounds, additional $80 for the pools, $230 total. Can’t do pool only as entrance to both pools is through the gym. Can do month to month.

Old 05-30-2023, 08:20 AM
GPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
It’s $150 for the gym/grounds, additional $80 for the pools, $230 total. Can’t do pool only as entrance to both pools is through the gym. Can do month to month.
Is that per resident in the apartment, or per apartment?

Old 06-02-2023, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
Is that per resident in the apartment, or per apartment?
It’s per resident I think someone said on this forum, but you can ask building management to make sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery