Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2023, 03:11 PM

83 posts, read 61,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
They're still doing tours so yes. In order to prove interdependence they would have to me either married, in a domestic partnership or have a joint utility bill or joint bank account.

So they don't got that? If they do I would appeal the decision.
We tired. We reached very single council person for help and they couldn't do anything. And they were willing to get a bill or a joint bank account, but they said it had to be done after being asked for it - which was ridiculous.

They even signed a contract!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2023, 08:37 PM

69 posts, read 58,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie127 View Post
Have anyone from 27 Eagle building tried to contact the management about amenities access in 227 West building? I know they said the amenity is only for the other 2 buildings but just curious.
I have reached out many times. Everyone needs to keep reaching out and pestering them. Hopefully they will listen.

Old 02-28-2023, 07:51 AM

30 posts, read 31,481 times
Anyone know how soon they need you to move in once everything has been approved? I’m wondering if I can extend my move to May since my current lease ends May 31ST. I’m hoping to get my security deposit back.

Old 02-28-2023, 10:57 AM

10 posts, read 11,377 times
Can someone help me understand why I am being contacted to submit paperwork for a two-bedroom? I am just one person, my application reflects this accurately. Why would I go through the work of submitting all my documents, or am I misunderstanding something about the process?

Old 02-28-2023, 11:24 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_8764 View Post
Can someone help me understand why I am being contacted to submit paperwork for a two-bedroom? I am just one person, my application reflects this accurately. Why would I go through the work of submitting all my documents, or am I misunderstanding something about the process?
There was probably a mistake. If your household is only 1 person, and you are not pregnant (and having indicated this on HC), you won't qualify for a 2br. I would reach out to the marketing agent listed in the "contact" section for that building, where the docs request should show.

Old 02-28-2023, 11:54 AM

21 posts, read 19,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
Anyone know how soon they need you to move in once everything has been approved? I’m wondering if I can extend my move to May since my current lease ends May 31ST. I’m hoping to get my security deposit back.
Yes - they give the option of up to 60 days after approval date

Old 02-28-2023, 12:20 PM

30 posts, read 31,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaloo95 View Post
Yes - they give the option of up to 60 days after approval date
Thank you

Old 02-28-2023, 07:23 PM

17 posts, read 18,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
I have reached out many times. Everyone needs to keep reaching out and pestering them. Hopefully they will listen.
Hopefully someone from the West building can help us out here If you are seeing this, living in the West building and don't plan on using the amenity, lmk i'd really really appreciate it! I am more than happy to pay for the access especially during summer :P

Old 03-01-2023, 06:26 AM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,070 times
Quote:
Hopefully someone from the West building can help us out here If you are seeing this, living in the West building and don't plan on using the amenity, lmk i'd really really appreciate it! I am more than happy to pay for the access especially during summer :P
Get in line! If I could purchase amenities rights from a 227 West resident, I would dress like them and wear a mustache and trenchcoat to enter 227 for access.

Old 03-01-2023, 07:39 AM

21 posts, read 19,414 times
Quote:
I live in west and have the amenities, unfortunately, the building disabled the share access feature for the amenities on the latch app. There is no access code and can't share with guests like friends or family. The only access that they have enabled on latch to share or get a code is the lobby entrance and unit entrance.

Best bet is to just make some friends in the other buildings and go with them to the amenities sometimes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery