Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2023, 08:14 AM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
You don't have the thermostat on your wall by the sink? It should say the current time, the date and the floor temperature. It's touch screen and when you touch the screen it changes the screen to the floor temperature with an up and down arrow next to it.
You adjust it like that. As you adjust you can go to hold settings and put it on permanent hold. I can make my bathroom floor as low as 41 degrees and as high as 158 degrees. I have the courtyard view with a very obstructed view of the river but, I don't think that should make a difference.

Side note: I think I met you the other day when I was picking up a package with my daughter.
If you look at all the 3D walk-thrus of all of the apartments in 27 Eagle, your unit is the exception. For example, there are a a handful of units that in addition to a shower, have a handheld shower wand fixture (most do not).

Lastly, @Kiiddesire120 and others, where are the HVAC controls for the apartment? When I toured a 2bdrm, I did not find a wall control (nor can find any on the 3D walk-thrus), where are they, on the wall/window units themselves? Again, I think Kiiddesire120's apt is different than most.

It appears that there are slightly different specs installed in 27 Eagle apartments, most likely some units were test configurations and they ultimately changed/removed certain materials to save construction costs.

(Another example is some units have backsplashes on the kitchen walls, while others don't).

The heated bathroom floors are the exception in all the apartments I've carefully reviewed.

3D Walk-thrus: https://widgets.peek.us/propertyGrid...21ef235acadb13
(click building icon then available residences)

Last edited by GPT; 02-26-2023 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2023, 08:29 AM

46 posts, read 34,984 times
Does anyone have Chaya’s phone number? I’m reading this thread and I think my log number was skipped even though I’m 125/130% AMI. I’d like to call tomorrow

Old 02-26-2023, 09:11 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
If you look at all the 3D walk-thrus of all of the apartments in 27 Eagle, your unit is the exception. For example, there are a a handful of units that in addition to a shower, have a handheld shower wand fixture (most do not).

Lastly, @Kiiddesire120 and others, where are the HVAC controls for the apartment? When I toured a 2bdrm, I did not find a wall control (nor can find any on the 3D walk-thrus), where are they, on the wall/window units themselves? Again, I think Kiiddesire120's apt is different than most.

It appears that there are slightly different specs installed in 27 Eagle apartments, most likely some units were test configurations and they ultimately changed/removed certain materials to save construction costs.

(Another example is some units have backsplashes on the kitchen walls, while others don't).

The heated bathroom floors are the exception in all the apartments I've carefully reviewed.

3D Walk-thrus: https://widgets.peek.us/propertyGrid...21ef235acadb13
(click building icon then available residences)
Wow.. I'm looking at the walk through for the 2 bedroom right next to me and they don't have the heated floor either... I guess I lucked out since the next apartment doesn't have either (heated floors or the handheld shower head). It doesn't make sense to have different layout for the apartments.

My Hvac systems for the rooms (living room, and the 2 bedrooms) are on the system itself. It's the white units by the window; they have a part that you can pull up and press the buttons to adjust temp. My bathroom is the only place that has a thermostat on the wall.

Last edited by Kiiddesire120; 02-26-2023 at 09:23 AM..

Old 02-26-2023, 09:23 AM

27 posts, read 25,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
You don't have the thermostat on your wall by the sink? It should say the current time, the date and the floor temperature. It's touch screen and when you touch the screen it changes the screen to the floor temperature with an up and down arrow next to it.
You adjust it like that. As you adjust you can go to hold settings and put it on permanent hold. I can make my bathroom floor as low as 41 degrees and as high as 158 degrees. I have the courtyard view with a very obstructed view of the river but, I don't think that should make a difference.

Side note: I think I met you the other day when I was picking up a package with my daughter.
Yes! How nice to put a face to the thread! And darn, you got the Gucci model apartment. There’s no heated floors in mine, but I’m still happy either way. Congrats on the cool amenity

Old 02-26-2023, 09:35 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikinkii View Post
Yes! How nice to put a face to the thread! And darn, you got the Gucci model apartment. There’s no heated floors in mine, but I’m still happy either way. Congrats on the cool amenity
Yes. It just crossed my mind when I was looking at your username lol. Thank you! I think all the apartments are great. Even without the heated floors it's a major upgrade compared to where I moved from.

Old 02-26-2023, 05:24 PM

57 posts, read 54,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
I did the tour today and this building and the amenities are incredible! I actually saw an actress in the lobby who was clearly a resident and I think she caught me staring lol. Anyway, the amenities/common spaces in 227 west are incredible, there's really no other way to describe them, especially that high-ceilinged, floor to ceiling glass windowed Great Room overlooking the East River - it was breathtaking. Walking through some of the halls and the elevator areas, I felt like I was in a residential version of the MoMA - wood paneled walls, high end finishes, bluetooth phone enabled doors/locks - it felt like I was in a high end museum. I was shown a studio in the high floors (20s) and in the middle of the tour, the agent told me I qualified for it at the 125% AMI level as well. The studio was a small space, basically one long space for kitchen, living and bed but that view from up there - you feel like a king. It was facing the construction side (south?) and I could see some of the East River, and also One World Trade center but the silence from a unit that high up is what really impressed me. The agent mentioned something about the glass windows being triple thickness and so noise is really minimized even from construction. I was set on viewing and turning the unit down before coming for the tour, but I am definitely moving forward in the process and hope that I get approved at 125 AMI.
were you approved at 125 AMI or 130 AMI at 227 W?

Old 02-26-2023, 08:17 PM

30 posts, read 31,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc411 View Post
were you approved at 125 AMI or 130 AMI at 227 W?
Reside sent my file for HPD approval on Thursday and it was for 125% AMI. Should hear back in the next two weeks according to others on this forum. Initially they told me that I would be applying at 130 AMI and I went to the tour with no intent of taking the unit at 130, but I did want to at least see how great the building/amenities were. So as I was touring the apartment with Gabi she got news that someone was rejected at 125% AMI, and that since I qualified, I would be applying under 125 and I guess replacing them so I decided to move forward in the process.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:03 AM

30 posts, read 31,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Why u didn't take a video tour for us?
I'm sorry, I didn't know that I was required to do that for you. I'll consult with you next time.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:12 AM

Quote:
i'm sorry, i didn't know that i was required to do that for you. I'll consult with you next time.
lol

Old 02-27-2023, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Reside sent my file for HPD approval on Thursday and it was for 125% AMI. Should hear back in the next two weeks according to others on this forum. Initially they told me that I would be applying at 130 AMI and I went to the tour with no intent of taking the unit at 130, but I did want to at least see how great the building/amenities were. So as I was touring the apartment with Gabi she got news that someone was rejected at 125% AMI, and that since I qualified, I would be applying under 125 and I guess replacing them so I decided to move forward in the process.
125% AMI @ 227 W would be a dream! Way more realistic than that 130% AMI rate - 227 W is def breathtaking. I was able to view a few units yesterday, and Gabi basically brought up your case scenario where "things happen" and nothing is set in stone until it's approved by the city and signed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery