Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2023, 02:03 PM

3 posts, read 2,893 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I'm new here but have been reading the forum!

I believe I'm in the final (or at least close to) stages of the application and approval process. 125% AMI with NYC Employee Pref in 27 Eagle.

Earlier this week I toured a unit, sent some extra documents to Chaya earlier this week, and signed the TIC yesterday. She told me yesterday afternoon that she was going to send it off to HPD by the end of the day, but I haven't heard anything since and even tried to call her today, but no answer. I tried checking the documents section on my Housing Connect application, but I didn't see the TIC there. Does this mean that she hasn't sent it yet or can the TIC be sent to HPD without showing up on Housing Connect?

Also once the TIC is sent to HPD, how certain are things from there? Is there still a chance of rejection or are things more or less confirmed at that point?

Thank you for your help/words everyone! Just a little anxious here, as you all can probably imagine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 04:36 PM

173 posts, read 156,209 times
52xx emailed today for documents 80% . Been reading 1br are no longer, but I’m so curious about this bldg , I’m gonna shoot my shot see what maybe.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:53 PM

9 posts, read 9,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoecrazee View Post
52xx emailed today for documents 80% . Been reading 1br are no longer, but I’m so curious about this bldg , I’m gonna shoot my shot see what maybe.
As in this was your first time being asked to send documents in? Interesting since everyone said 80% was gone…..I’ve been waiting to be contacted for 80% but handed in documents months ago and got the notification they were received on 12/14. Maybe they’re working backwards and doing 80% for gen pop last? The unpredictability of this is truly making me so anxious haha

Old 02-24-2023, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afalz141 View Post
As in this was your first time being asked to send documents in? Interesting since everyone said 80% was gone…..I’ve been waiting to be contacted for 80% but handed in documents months ago and got the notification they were received on 12/14. Maybe they’re working backwards and doing 80% for gen pop last? The unpredictability of this is truly making me so anxious haha
Apologies! 1st round of documents requested. I’ve played jump rope with reside back in 2020 & im not convinced I’ll hear back from them in a timely manner. Im not interested in a studio & if offered will decline.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Apologies! 1st round of documents requested. I’ve played jump rope with reside back in 2020 & im not convinced I’ll hear back from them in a timely manner. Im not interested in a studio & if offered will decline.
Right that’s what I meant, for this specific lottery this was your first round of documents being asked. I’m just so confused at how they’re filling this apartment and how many 80% they actually have left. I’m a super low log number in Gen pop and they had said it’s a 50% chance as of reaching out to them a week ago….so maybe they actually have more left somehow?

Old 02-24-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Right that’s what I meant, for this specific lottery this was your first round of documents being asked. I’m just so confused at how they’re filling this apartment and how many 80% they actually have left. I’m a super low log number in Gen pop and they had said it’s a 50% chance as of reaching out to them a week ago….so maybe they actually have more left somehow?
I’ll post updates. I don’t have faith in reside unfortunately! Maybe they will surprise me this go round.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I’ll post updates. I don’t have faith in reside unfortunately! Maybe they will surprise me this go round.
They absolutely take forever to the point where you basically have to give up. Will also post updates if they ever get back haha.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:19 PM

12 posts, read 11,836 times
Quote:
Not sure how you are being asked for 80% docs as there are no more 80% left, I spoke directly them about this since I’m also 80% and was asked for documents in October/November. These people have their heads up their ass.

Old 02-26-2023, 03:45 AM

27 posts, read 25,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Congrats!! 27 Eagle has great 2 bedrooms. I have a 2 bedroom at 27 eagle. Each room has its own heating/cooling system and the bathroom has heated floors.
I’m in a 2 bedroom at 27 Eagle and I don’t have heated bathroom floors? I’m on 4th floor River side view . What the hell!

Old 02-26-2023, 06:37 AM

390 posts, read 351,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikinkii View Post
I’m in a 2 bedroom at 27 Eagle and I don’t have heated bathroom floors? I’m on 4th floor River side view . What the hell!
You don't have the thermostat on your wall by the sink? It should say the current time, the date and the floor temperature. It's touch screen and when you touch the screen it changes the screen to the floor temperature with an up and down arrow next to it.
You adjust it like that. As you adjust you can go to hold settings and put it on permanent hold. I can make my bathroom floor as low as 41 degrees and as high as 158 degrees. I have the courtyard view with a very obstructed view of the river but, I don't think that should make a difference.

Side note: I think I met you the other day when I was picking up a package with my daughter.

Last edited by Kiiddesire120; 02-26-2023 at 07:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery