Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2023, 07:32 AM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Have you checked your emails? At the bottom there's a phone number to the person you've been working with. The management office opens at 10am. Have you been working with Nisha?
Just the congratulations email from Reside for unit approval (saying management would reach out and to 'await patiently'), so nothing from Nisha yet.

Will ping Reside for follow-up and would you mind sharing phone number for management (via PM if you prefer). Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 07:39 AM

390 posts, read 350,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
Just the congratulations email from Reside for unit approval (saying management would reach out and to 'await patiently'), so nothing from Nisha yet.

Will ping Reside for follow-up and would you mind sharing phone number for management (via PM if you prefer). Much appreciated!
I'll pm you. No problem!

Old 02-14-2023, 09:25 AM

4 posts, read 4,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 021nyc View Post
Can I ask if you requested to visit 3 bedroom for 125% during your tour or they just show you 2 bedroom.

We are at 125 % and we have a tour appointment next week we qualify for both 2bedroom and 3 bedroom.
They said they are going to show us both but you said that the 2 bedroom you got is the last one for 125%.

And do you know if all 125% apartments are in 227 west ?
I was originally told that we would be shown a 3 bedroom in 27 Eagle. After reading through the differences between the 2 buildings, we decided it would be a better fit for our family to have the amenities rather than a 3rd bedroom so I asked if there were any 2 beds available in 227 West. Amazingly there was a family who requested the opposite at the same time so Reside was able to switch us both into our requested units. When we toured we were told that our 2 bed was the last one in West but I’m sure that people back out or do not get approved regularly so there’s a good chance that can still happen.

Old 02-14-2023, 12:48 PM

30 posts, read 31,522 times
Just got offered a studio at the highest ami 130. Will be viewing next week but doubt I’ll take it ughhh! They said there aren’t any 1BRs left at ami 125/130. Log #24XX. Took just over eight weeks for them to process since receiving confirmation e-mail 12/14.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:08 PM

603 posts, read 599,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSNYC2023 View Post
I was originally told that we would be shown a 3 bedroom in 27 Eagle. After reading through the differences between the 2 buildings, we decided it would be a better fit for our family to have the amenities rather than a 3rd bedroom so I asked if there were any 2 beds available in 227 West. Amazingly there was a family who requested the opposite at the same time so Reside was able to switch us both into our requested units. When we toured we were told that our 2 bed was the last one in West but I’m sure that people back out or do not get approved regularly so there’s a good chance that can still happen.
Very lucky for both sides!

Old 02-15-2023, 01:09 PM

21 posts, read 19,444 times
Does anyone know if the indoor pool/jacuzzi is open yet at 227 West? Or know when it will be opening?

Old 02-15-2023, 07:16 PM

9 posts, read 9,372 times
Default Gen Pop Lottery

Hi! New to this forum, but have been waiting for reside to contact me to see if I was approved for a one bedroom at the 80% AMI for general Population. I am log number 96, so a pretty low log number, so I called the office to see where they are in the process, and the woman who was not Susan, I think someone from reside, called back and looked up the log number and said there are still units available, but they are working on lower logs first so there is a 50/50 chance. In reading the forum it seemed like gen pop had not gotten any of the apartments yet, so wanted to see if anyone is from gen pop and have gotten a call now, or if they’re still working on the community board and NYC employee ones? I had also read people saying no 80% AMI were left, so not sure why she’s saying there actually are units and there’s a 50% chance. Just wanted to get any additional insight. Thanks!

Last edited by Afalz141; 02-15-2023 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-15-2023, 07:35 PM

15 posts, read 17,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSNYC2023 View Post
Did you tour the 2 bedroom and the amenities ? How was it ?

Old 02-16-2023, 02:50 PM

9 posts, read 9,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
Just got offered a studio at the highest ami 130. Will be viewing next week but doubt I’ll take it ughhh! They said there aren’t any 1BRs left at ami 125/130. Log #24XX. Took just over eight weeks for them to process since receiving confirmation e-mail 12/14.
Are you part of gen population or have a preference like CB?

Old 02-16-2023, 05:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 021nyc View Post
Did you tour the 2 bedroom and the amenities ? How was it ?
Yes, we toured and everything was really nice. I was hoping for 2 bathrooms but the 1 was a good size. The bedrooms are decent sizes and in the layout we saw the entry area and living room were pretty big which was a nice surprise. There were 4 closets total which is much better than what I have seen in other lottery apartments. It’s facing the courtyard area so we miss out on the water views but we’ll be using the amenities quite a bit and get the views that way. We saw the gym, test kitchen, co-working and lounge areas which were all gorgeous and really nicely done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery