Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2023, 08:12 PM

30 posts, read 31,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afalz141 View Post
Are you part of gen population or have a preference like CB?
I’m gen pop, no preference. Log #24XX. Viewing next Wednesday, but the square footage did not sound promising. Also, does anyone know if a shuttle bus serves Eagle+West? I can’t imagine taking the G or walking over the Pulaski bridge regularly just to take the 7 train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 01:42 AM

390 posts, read 350,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
I’m gen pop, no preference. Log #24XX. Viewing next Wednesday, but the square footage did not sound promising. Also, does anyone know if a shuttle bus serves Eagle+West? I can’t imagine taking the G or walking over the Pulaski bridge regularly just to take the 7 train.
There's no shuttle bus.. Is this a thing for lottery buildings? I just never heard of any building doing a shuttle bus.

Those are your only options unless you take the ferry to hunters point and walk up or you drive.

Old 02-17-2023, 02:02 PM

603 posts, read 599,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
There's no shuttle bus.. Is this a thing for lottery buildings? I just never heard of any building doing a shuttle bus.

Those are your only options unless you take the ferry to hunters point and walk up or you drive.
There are shuttle vans for 325 Kent and 1S1 buildings in Williamsburg. So it's possible.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:04 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
There are shuttle vans for 325 Kent and 1S1 buildings in Williamsburg. So it's possible.
Astoria West also has one too. It's not that it's a thing lottery buildings do, it's a thing *luxury* buildings far from transit do. Most lottery buildings aren't truly "luxury", though most will call themselves that with a terrible location and 0 amenities (). I would say it's pretty common for a luxury building that is far from the train to have a shuttle whether they have lotto units or not.

Old 02-17-2023, 08:50 PM

390 posts, read 350,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Astoria West also has one too. It's not that it's a thing lottery buildings do, it's a thing *luxury* buildings far from transit do. Most lottery buildings aren't truly "luxury", though most will call themselves that with a terrible location and 0 amenities (). I would say it's pretty common for a luxury building that is far from the train to have a shuttle whether they have lotto units or not.
That's really interesting. I never seen a lottery advertise it before. I guess there's no shuttle because the B62 goes to LIC. There's the B32, another bus out here. The G train is about 10 mins max if you're walking slow.

Old 02-17-2023, 10:17 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
That's really interesting. I never seen a lottery advertise it before. I guess there's no shuttle because the B62 goes to LIC. There's the B32, another bus out here. The G train is about 10 mins max if you're walking slow.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen it advertised on the lotto page on HC but the buildings sure like to talk about it, on their websites and people are often told when they tour.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 9,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam830 View Post
Went on my tour yesterday and Submitted all my documents as well and my agent said she will let me know when she submits my document. How long does this typically take? I know I’m being super impatient but just trying to understand other peoples timeline
What do the additional documents you need to submit consist of? Updated pay stubs?

Old 02-21-2023, 08:21 PM

24 posts, read 22,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afalz141 View Post
What do the additional documents you need to submit consist of? Updated pay stubs?
Yes pay stubs & tax documents!

Old 02-22-2023, 03:53 PM

I did the tour today and this building and the amenities are incredible! I actually saw an actress in the lobby who was clearly a resident and I think she caught me staring lol. Anyway, the amenities/common spaces in 227 west are incredible, there's really no other way to describe them, especially that high-ceilinged, floor to ceiling glass windowed Great Room overlooking the East River - it was breathtaking. Walking through some of the halls and the elevator areas, I felt like I was in a residential version of the MoMA - wood paneled walls, high end finishes, bluetooth phone enabled doors/locks - it felt like I was in a high end museum. I was shown a studio in the high floors (20s) and in the middle of the tour, the agent told me I qualified for it at the 125% AMI level as well. The studio was a small space, basically one long space for kitchen, living and bed but that view from up there - you feel like a king. It was facing the construction side (south?) and I could see some of the East River, and also One World Trade center but the silence from a unit that high up is what really impressed me. The agent mentioned something about the glass windows being triple thickness and so noise is really minimized even from construction. I was set on viewing and turning the unit down before coming for the tour, but I am definitely moving forward in the process and hope that I get approved at 125 AMI.

Old 02-22-2023, 04:24 PM

How many more stubs did they ask for? Because I really want to qualify for the 125 but that can only happen if they accept 4 stubs (I get paid biweekly) as sufficient. My latest stub shows a bonus I received and it would put me at the 130, which is not ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery