Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2023, 09:35 AM

390 posts, read 350,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5372Uptown View Post
I'm in 80 ami for a 1 bedroom room and my app is still under review. Last week Susan told me it will take another 6 - 8 weeks for review. What's the wait for if the units are taken up? And what happens since they are all taken, do I get waitlisted?
More than likely you'll be waitlisted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 09:43 AM

46 posts, read 43,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5372Uptown View Post
I'm in 80 ami for a 1 bedroom room and my app is still under review. Last week Susan told me it will take another 6 - 8 weeks for review. What's the wait for if the units are taken up? And what happens since they are all taken, do I get waitlisted?
Susan's responses have been weird. Here's how my email conversations went with her 2 weeks ago (12/28/2022) vs Today.

12/28 -
Me: How many units are left at 125% AMI and what log number are you reviewing?
Susan: very few units left and we're reviewing log number 300s

Today (01/10/2023) -
Me: How many units (studios and one beds) are left approximately at 125% AMI and what log number are you currently reviewing?
Susan: limited units are left and we're reviewing log number 200s

Now, not only did she mention she's reviewing a lower set of log number after 2 weeks (log 300 vs log 200), which just does not make sense when we know here people in the 600s range are getting apartments, they also don't want to disclose the approximate number of units left.

Old 01-10-2023, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
Susan's responses have been weird. Here's how my email conversations went with her 2 weeks ago (12/28/2022) vs Today.

12/28 -
Me: How many units are left at 125% AMI and what log number are you reviewing?
Susan: very few units left and we're reviewing log number 300s

Today (01/10/2023) -
Me: How many units (studios and one beds) are left approximately at 125% AMI and what log number are you currently reviewing?
Susan: limited units are left and we're reviewing log number 200s

Now, not only did she mention she's reviewing a lower set of log number after 2 weeks (log 300 vs log 200), which just does not make sense when we know here people in the 600s range are getting apartments, they also don't want to disclose the approximate number of units left.
I'm not sure how it goes, but I know there was someone with log 82xx who got offered apartment (studio) before me, but was told there weren't any 2 bedrooms available. About 2 weeks later (81xx) I got called for more docs for a 2 bedroom. I not sure how they're doing it at this point.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:29 AM

20 posts, read 23,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
I'm not sure how it goes, but I know there was someone with log 82xx who got offered apartment (studio) before me, but was told there weren't any 2 bedrooms available. About 2 weeks later (81xx) I got called for more docs for a 2 bedroom. I not sure how they're doing it at this point.
Very confusing, wish they were more transparent so that everyone actually gets a fair chance. This doesn't seem organized at all. Reaching out again.

Wow, that was fast, she confirmed there are no units available for my eligibility range.

Old 01-10-2023, 03:35 PM

4 posts, read 4,502 times
I saw i 2br at 80% log#93 gp 4 days ago and was told there are no more available I needed a 3 but said if the 2 were big I would take it . It’s bigger in person but the angle of the apartment is weird i dont kno what to do.i live in a 3br now just no amenities but it’s pretty private.

Old 01-10-2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesheblessed View Post
I saw i 2br at 80% log#93 gp 4 days ago and was told there are no more available I needed a 3 but said if the 2 were big I would take it . It’s bigger in person but the angle of the apartment is weird i dont kno what to do.i live in a 3br now just no amenities but it’s pretty private.
I'm confused your message is a little scattered. They showed you a 2bedroom at 80% AMI and then told you it's not available or that a 3 bedroom is not available? So, in other words, they're telling you that you can take a 2 bedroom at 80# AMI or not? If the 3 bedroom is super important to you then think hard about the decision of if you want to stay where you're at because you be waiting at the very least, if you're lucky, a year for an internal transfer assuming they didn't sign 2-year leases and won't be renewing. Eagle has a small gym, community room and laundry room.. it's not too many amenities, so if those 3 amenities don't spark your interest or the rent isn't cheaper than what you're paying I guess it comes down to if you want to downsize or not.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:02 PM

I got accepted for a 2br ..but I wanted a 3… I saw the amenities they are super small but I really like the area . I’m really indecisive on wether or not I want to downsize.. I also have a boy and girl 10&12. I just don’t know if I’m makin the right decision. Does anyone know if I can do a reasonable accommodation and get a 3br I have a section 8 voucher .

Old 01-10-2023, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesheblessed View Post
I got accepted for a 2br ..but I wanted a 3… I saw the amenities they are super small but I really like the area . I’m really indecisive on wether or not I want to downsize.. I also have a boy and girl 10&12. I just don’t know if I’m makin the right decision. Does anyone know if I can do a reasonable accommodation and get a 3br I have a section 8 voucher .
Ahh, I see how a 2 bedroom would be problematic. A reasonable accommodation wont help you, thats for people with disabilities to accommodate the apartment. It doesnt give you an extra room. More than likely 80% 3 bedrooms are filled.

Did you put that on you have a voucher on your application? With a voucher, according to housing connect, you wouldn't be stuck in the annual income constraints? I would see if it's possible to get a 3 bedroom at a higher ami since you have a voucher. 3 bedrooms at 125% are also at Eagle st.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:37 PM

138 posts, read 156,487 times
All 80% 3 bedroom are occupied. I took one and rest is also taken. No 3 bedroom left.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Ahh, I see how a 2 bedroom would be problematic. A reasonable accommodation wont help you, thats for people with disabilities to accommodate the apartment. It doesnt give you an extra room. More than likely 80% 3 bedrooms are filled.

Did you put that on you have a voucher on your application? With a voucher, according to housing connect, you wouldn't be stuck in the annual income constraints? I would see if it's possible to get a 3 bedroom at a higher ami since you have a voucher. 3 bedrooms at 125% are also at Eagle st.

I did put that I have a voucher but the ami for the rental amount was for a 2br but it was only like a 300 difference I asked if I could pay it out of pocket for the whole year and she said they don’t allow that. Is it possible to go in and get a bigger apartment after a year if my voucher amount goes up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery