Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 09:52 AM

603 posts, read 598,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I always mentioned that the affordable units in my building has the same appliances as MR ones, apparently I wasn't entirely correct! I went to my neighbors' unit the other day & while the apartment layout is the same as MR, their appliances & kitchen cabinets/storages are completely different! The appliances are still aluminium but the brand is GE, not Bosch. Also, their microwave is on top of their stove, MR unit's microwave is inside the cabinet. The stove itself is the one that uses gas entirely while MR unit's stove is Bosch using half gas & half electric (for oven/baking) & built-in to kitchen counter. The dishwasher is visible in aluminium appliances while MR's dishwasher is hidden as if it's part of the kitchen cabinets. Lastly the kitchen cabinets/storages in affordable units have different design & designer I assume because while the color is the same (white) I notice it looked less luxurious, I guess they are not from the same brand as MR units that their kitchen is designed by Scavolini Italian Kitchens.

I didn't ask my neighbors under which AMI they fell into when they got their unit but I know for sure they are Phase I lottery winners & Phase I had three different AMIs - 40%, 60%, & 130%.

I won a unit from Phase II lottery & it only had one AMI which was 120%. Out of 16 winners, I knew four Phase II lottery winners in the building (besides myself) & all of us have exactly the same units as MR ones! We have same layouts, brand appliances, & kitchen design, everything is the same as MR units. Now I wonder if those who won at 130% AMI in Phase I were assigned a unit that is exactly like MR units like us, the 120% AMI lottery winners
That's some excellent detective work on your part
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 11:26 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
The difference here is not that crazy. I feel like the difference is crazier at The Bell Slip. The bathroom is completely stripped of any character. And some of the apartments, especially studios, have some of the weirdest layouts I've seen in a while. At least at 27 Eagle they look some very spacious and you still get a big mirror in the bathroom. The cabinets/ wood details seem to be the same or almost identical.

Old 10-31-2022, 11:34 AM

84 posts, read 65,603 times
does anyone know what log number they are up to?

Old 10-31-2022, 11:35 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
From what I heard they are still processing the first batch of CB

Old 10-31-2022, 11:54 AM

thank you :') I really wanted this apartment but I don't think I'll get it. It seems everyone before me will accept quickly

Old 10-31-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darladarla View Post
thank you :') I really wanted this apartment but I don't think I'll get it. It seems everyone before me will accept quickly
whats your log # and do you have preference?

Old 10-31-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
whats your log # and do you have preference?
37xx with no preference :')

Old 10-31-2022, 12:36 PM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
You might be surprised cause in these type of buildings they reach quite high. The thing is that is takes so long to fill out the units that by the time they get to higher log numbers, they have already rejected it or moved on. They might spent 1 year or even more just filling up CB

Old 10-31-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darladarla View Post
37xx with no preference :')
I have a log in the 3k as well. 86 units are going to gen pop total, you never know. I think for big buildings if you have a log under 4k you still have a decent chance.

Someone in CB said that a lot of ppl called for this first batch of CB didn't submit paper work as well.

StrayCat1995 is right, I'm not expecting them to complete CB until next year. It takes them 6-8 weeks just to review docs per batch.

Keep your eyes open just know it will take time to complete CB/preferences

Old 10-31-2022, 02:59 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Tbh, I didn't expect to see those differences! I didn't go to their bathroom to see if it's different too, perhaps next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
That's some excellent detective work on your part
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery