Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2022, 12:08 PM

196 posts, read 178,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl595 View Post
You’re right! I’ll attend the one scheduled for today and Thursday. Because I am in the 125/130 AMI (depending on the building) I typically get a lot of responses back from the lotteries so I just want to be sure that it’s something that I really want opposed to just accepting it because it’s offered to me.
Ah ok I see that's great!! That definitely changes things. You can be a little more choosy good for you! Hope you get the one you want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 01:37 PM

36 posts, read 34,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Ah ok I see that's great!! That definitely changes things. You can be a little more choosy good for you! Hope you get the one you want
Thank you. Hopefully I can get this one because I could really use that pool in 227 for my daughter lol that’s why I really wanted this lottery. But we don’t even know how they’re assigning units etc. I wish they would’ve done two separate lotteries one for Eagle and one for West so we would know exactly what we’re getting.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Hopefully I can get this one because I could really use that pool in 227 for my daughter lol that’s why I really wanted this lottery. But we don’t even know how they’re assigning units etc. I wish they would’ve done two separate lotteries one for Eagle and one for West so we would know exactly what we’re getting.
For sure!!! The pool looks so so nice omg lol that would be great for your family.

I know same... What's your log number again?

Old 10-26-2022, 02:37 PM

390 posts, read 355,019 times
Quote:
For sure!!! The pool looks so so nice omg lol that would be great for your family.

I read that the amenities are $185/ per person /per month not including pool. I wonder if they'll give a discount to lottery winners.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:

My log number is 50XX. I have disability preference and municipal employee preference. What’s yours?

Old 10-26-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
I read that the amenities are $185/ per person /per month not including pool. I wonder if they'll give a discount to lottery winners.
185 per person is crazy if everything isn’t included when rent is already almost 3K for a two bedroom and 3300K+ for a three bedroom.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
My log number is 50XX. I have disability preference and municipal employee preference. What’s yours?
Ah nice! That's a pretty good number. I'm 12,xxx with CB.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
185 per person is crazy if everything isn’t included when rent is already almost 3K for a two bedroom and 3300K+ for a three bedroom.
It's a little high yeah but standard from what I saw for other buildings that offer same type of amenities. Also I don't think they will give a discount to housing lottery winners but who knows!

Old 10-26-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
It's a little high yeah but standard from what I saw for other buildings that offer same type of amenities. Also I don't think they will give a discount to housing lottery winners but who knows!
So basically since I’m hoping for a 3 bedroom I should consider at least an additional 500 per month for amenities for my household. I’m going to assume the fee is towards adults in the household and not children as well. I’ll basically be paying close to 4K a month, hmmm that’s steep lol. The two bedroom is looking more like if it amenities are that high, I’d rather one less bedroom lol.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ah nice! That's a pretty good number. I'm 12,xxx with CB.
I think yours is good as well especially with CB preference. Good luck‼️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery