Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2023, 02:21 AM

390 posts, read 350,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTresident View Post
Aww bummer! thanks for letting me know, and congrats on the apt!!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2023, 01:36 PM

160 posts, read 119,766 times
It seems like they are working on a log number basis (Low to high)

Old 01-06-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi View Post
It seems like they are working on a log number basis (Low to high)
Yes, that's how all lotteries operate. When CB gets called first in order of lowest CB log to highest CB log until 50% of apartments are filled. Then they go to lowest log number gen pop to highest gen pop log #.

Old 01-06-2023, 06:13 PM

9 posts, read 8,394 times
Hi everyone! I’ve just joined this forum looking for other applicants like me who are having excitement/anxiety over these lotteries and it looks like I’m in the right place.

Is there anyone here who has signed a lease and does not have CB preferences or any other kind of preference? I don’t have any preferential status, my log number is 3xxx and I was asked to submit my paperwork on housing connect. Does anyone know how long it would take for people like me to hear back? Is that what you all have been referring to as “gen pop”? (General population?)

Also, question for those who have moved in and have said there are no in unit washer/dryers in 80% ami at 27 eagle… are there washer/dryer hookups in units so I can install my own? I could live in a shoe box all my life, but I refuse to live without my own washer and dryer.

Old 01-06-2023, 06:54 PM

46 posts, read 43,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj629 View Post
Hi everyone! I’ve just joined this forum looking for other applicants like me who are having excitement/anxiety over these lotteries and it looks like I’m in the right place.

Is there anyone here who has signed a lease and does not have CB preferences or any other kind of preference? I don’t have any preferential status, my log number is 3xxx and I was asked to submit my paperwork on housing connect. Does anyone know how long it would take for people like me to hear back? Is that what you all have been referring to as “gen pop”? (General population?)

Also, question for those who have moved in and have said there are no in unit washer/dryers in 80% ami at 27 eagle… are there washer/dryer hookups in units so I can install my own? I could live in a shoe box all my life, but I refuse to live without my own washer and dryer.
Well, if you're 80% AMI, there's some bad news for you mate! All of the apartments at 80% AMI are taken!

Now if you wanna know where we are at in terms of log number, last we heard it was around 6xx at 125% AMI for a studio. If you're low 3000 and the higher AMI (125-130%), I'd say expect to hear back if there's still units in like 5 weeks from now?

I'm log number #27xx at 125% AMI, I have low hopes if any at this point but looking to hear back in about 4 weeks.

Regarding the washer/dryer in unit, no you can't install your own in the unit!

Old 01-06-2023, 07:49 PM

9 posts, read 8,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
Well, if you're 80% AMI, there's some bad news for you mate! All of the apartments at 80% AMI are taken!

Now if you wanna know where we are at in terms of log number, last we heard it was around 6xx at 125% AMI for a studio. If you're low 3000 and the higher AMI (125-130%), I'd say expect to hear back if there's still units in like 5 weeks from now?

I'm log number #27xx at 125% AMI, I have low hopes if any at this point but looking to hear back in about 4 weeks.

Regarding the washer/dryer in unit, no you can't install your own in the unit!
Bummer! I was really looking forward to the possibilities. This is the closest I’ve ever gotten and I’ve been applying for these lotteries for nearly 10 years . Thank you for answering my questions. I guess I feel better knowing I can’t have a washer/dryer anyway.

Old 01-08-2023, 02:31 PM

150 posts, read 131,130 times
Does anyone know if there are still 2 bedrooms @125% Ami left?

Old 01-08-2023, 04:01 PM

46 posts, read 43,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Does anyone know if there are still 2 bedrooms @125% Ami left?
I would think so! What is your log number?

Old 01-08-2023, 04:25 PM

150 posts, read 131,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
I would think so! What is your log number?
Log 6XX. Originally qualified for 80% Ami but they were all gone quick and now I qualify for 125ami so trying to see if Susan will consider me for a 2bd 125% now. Going to email her in the morning

Old 01-08-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Log 6XX. Originally qualified for 80% Ami but they were all gone quick and now I qualify for 125ami so trying to see if Susan will consider me for a 2bd 125% now. Going to email her in the morning
Email her and the reside office email with updated docs and let her know you want to be considered for 125% AMI, the name of the lottery and your log #. I would call as soon as you send the email as well. I know there's not alot of apartments left in the lottery. Idk if there's any left though since no one in that income range has posted lately. So the sooner you send it to her, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery