Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2022, 03:55 PM

88 posts, read 77,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie127 View Post
Did anyone hear back from Susan recently? Wanna get an idea about what log number they are up to. I got an email saying they have received all the documents about 2 weeks ago.
I think I will email her too, I have not heard anything either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2022, 05:50 AM

13 posts, read 10,617 times
Hey guys I’m just wondering if anyone has had any luck with apartments being changed after hpd approval or moving up from a waitlist?

I feel like we were a bit mislead by reside because they showed us two gorgeous apartments and then told us both of them were unavailable and given a totally different/much smaller one. The agent called us like 4 times within 30 mins to pick. We did end up picking one because the agent was very pushy. But we are not a fan of it. I feel kinda stupid.

I’m log 5** and I don’t understand how all of the 1/2 bedroom in both 125 and 130 are taken as we qualify for both.

Old 12-30-2022, 06:33 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousaboutthis View Post
Hey guys I’m just wondering if anyone has had any luck with apartments being changed after hpd approval or moving up from a waitlist?
I feel like we were a bit mislead by reside because they showed us two gorgeous apartments and then told us both of them were unavailable and given a totally different/much smaller one. The agent called us like 4 times within 30 mins to pick. We did end up picking one because the agent was very pushy. But we are not a fan of it. I feel kinda stupid.

I’m log 5** and I don’t understand how all of the 1/2 bedroom in both 125 and 130 are taken as we qualify for both.
Earlier in the log there was someone who took at studio @ 80% and wanted to be waitlisted for a 1 bedroom and ended up getting the 1 bedroom. I heard of people being shown apartments because the marketing company didn't think the original potential tenant with a lower log who was assigned the apartment wouldn't get approved for the apartment and then it turns out the original potential tenant did get the approval leaving the other person not receiving the apartment. I personally think it's stupid not to inform the second person honestly. I'm not sure how Reside chooses to allocate apartments. I think it goes by the household size (I'm just assuming) because my family qualifies for a 2 bedroom @ 80% AMI & a 1 bedroom at 125% AMI but were called for the 2-bedroom @ 80%AMI. I prefer Eagle since West would've been a tighter fit for us.

Old 12-30-2022, 06:59 AM

13 posts, read 10,617 times
I agree but initially they showed us both one and two bedrooms and our top choice was the 2 bedroom and somehow we ended up with a 1 bedroom. It’s really sad because the MR apt right by the one assigned to us is only 1500 more than what we will be paying AND it’s double in size.

Now my second question is, I think they submitted my documents to HPD but we just got called by a diff development for a viewing. Should we even go anymore? (If approved by HPD), I am assuming we are legally bound to Eagle west, is that correct?

Thank you everyone for your input. It’s super helpful!!

Old 12-30-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousaboutthis View Post
I agree but initially they showed us both one and two bedrooms and our top choice was the 2 bedroom and somehow we ended up with a 1 bedroom. It’s really sad because the MR apt right by the one assigned to us is only 1500 more than what we will be paying AND it’s double in size.

Now my second question is, I think they submitted my documents to HPD but we just got called by a diff development for a viewing. Should we even go anymore? (If approved by HPD), I am assuming we are legally bound to Eagle west, is that correct?

Thank you everyone for your input. It’s super helpful!!
That's crazy. I mentioned that some of the apartments in West are different from MR apartments and got some much backlash with people saying it's not. I know 125% & 130% is a similar to MR though, but not exactly the same. Getting back on topic...

I would do the viewing because nothing is set in stone. HPD may decline your application and even if your application is approved, you're not legally bond to anything. You haven't signed a lease yet. If you were to have signed the 1- or 2-year lease, then you would be legally bound to Eagle + West IF it's written in the lease that tenants can't break the lease. Sometimes leases state that tenants are allowed to break it with certain conditions such as the security deposit is non-refundable, the tenant would have to sublease until the lease is up, etc. If you get to the lease signing portion, read it and ask questions before signing it.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie127 View Post
Thank you for your response! I am qualified for 125% studio based on the document I provided but got a raise this year which will put me at 1br/2br for 125%. Really hoping to get contacted so I emailed her yesterday to see where I stand.
You're welcome! Email Susan and Reside's general email with your updated income documents, the lottery name and your log so that they know. Normally they go off of the original submitted documents to match ppl to apartments, but if you have an increase and want to see considered for a bigger apartment you have to email them and let them know.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:47 PM

Has anybody else in general pop been contacted after getting the receive documents email? Im log 2xx and it seems that some gen pop has been offered with log numbers higher than me. I emailed and called Susan and reside, but have not heard anything yet. Im not sure if I got skipped or something, because its only 1 person which is me, and all the 1 bed and studios seem to be gone for 80ami, from reading the thread. I make 72k, so Im not sure if I qualify for anything else.

Old 12-30-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo70 View Post
Has anybody else in general pop been contacted after getting the receive documents email? Im log 2xx and it seems that some gen pop has been offered with log numbers higher than me. I emailed and called Susan and reside, but have not heard anything yet. Im not sure if I got skipped or something, because its only 1 person which is me, and all the 1 bed and studios seem to be gone for 80ami, from reading the thread. I make 72k, so Im not sure if I qualify for anything else.
CB took all/ pretty much all studios and & 1 bedrooms. That's why you were skipped. During the CB process one bedrooms capped out around 6xxx CB and everyone who qualified for a
1 bedroom were being put into studios at 80% ami. I don't think there were any studio apartments were given to gen pop at 80% ( I could be wrong.. maybe a hand full). I think Reside is mainly calling 125% & 130% at this point unless hpd disapproves potential tenants in the 80% ami. So you're basically waitlisted.

Old 12-30-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
CB took all/ pretty much all studios and & 1 bedrooms. That's why you were skipped. During the CB process one bedrooms capped out around 6xxx CB and everyone who qualified for a
1 bedroom were being put into studios at 80% ami. I don't think there were any studio apartments were given to gen pop at 80% ( I could be wrong.. maybe a hand full). I think Reside is mainly calling 125% & 130% at this point unless hpd disapproves potential tenants in the 80% ami. So you're basically waitlisted.
Dang ok! Hopefully a new unit comes along, and I get another low number.

Old 12-30-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo70 View Post
Dang ok! Hopefully a new unit comes along, and I get another low number.
Yes or who knows... something might work out for you at Eagle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery