Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2022, 10:32 PM

11 posts, read 7,652 times

Advertisements

Thank you for explaining , I qualify for studio ,1br , and 2br . I got screwed over by the people
Handling the oak street lottery , and am very pensive in regards . I would’ve already had a 1 br on oak if not by a mishap by the management company .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 05:51 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Eagle + West is a 80/20 building correct?

Old 11-19-2022, 07:08 AM

196 posts, read 177,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieboo6969 View Post
Thank you for explaining , I qualify for studio ,1br , and 2br . I got screwed over by the people
Handling the oak street lottery , and am very pensive in regards . I would’ve already had a 1 br on oak if not by a mishap by the management company .
I'm really sorry to hear that. What happened if I may ask?

Old 11-19-2022, 07:32 AM

84 posts, read 65,603 times
Quote:
Wait , so your saying they will reach gen pop 1.5 months in , but me with cb preference , city employee preference 15xxx , still won’t move on to the next process but gen pop will?
I did say to NOT take what I was saying as Bible lol it was just a quick estimate I threw together so it's all speculation based off of TBS. I also said I don't think TBS cared about CB preference.

I was in the highest AMI and I know there's usually less competition there. Primarily because they tend to be super overpriced and no single person wants to pay 2600+ for a 1 bedroom. This lottery though is way better for the price point if you fall in the 125% AMI. The 160% or is it 165% AMI is a bit overpriced though.

So yeah, I cannot speak to CB being that I am NEVER in range for ANY of these apartments nor am I a city employee.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romysdogmom View Post
I’m log #4xxx gen pop but I love the area and the building is so gorgeous that I’m even willing to take a 130% studio or 1 bed if it means I have a better chance
You may still have a chance at 4xxx at the higher AMI because there are so many factors. My fingers are crossed for you

Old 11-19-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation Darla! This makes so much sense, I really hope I get a chance for this building, and you're correct $2500 for a one bedroom apartment is a steal! I currently pay this much in a shared market rate apartment, I'm so done living with flatmates.
You're welcome. I was becoming ansty and someone mentioned Reside/Susan and I was like wait... I've worked with them before lol so I started doing some estimates. It could take less or more time, who knows.

I'm super done with having flatmates as well. It's to the point where I was even considering the highest AMI if that's what's remaining... but 2800+ is A LOT

Old 11-19-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
Charlie, there's many factors - depends on your AMI and household size as well, as in what type of units you qualify for (1bd, 2 bd, 3bd). From what people have been saying on this forum, 1 bedroom at 80% AMI have all been assigned to people. Now, my understanding is if you're in that category and they have reached the capacity, they will move on to the next person with CB who qualifies for a different unit or is in a different AMI, thus skipping you in the process.
Thank you for explaining this to Charlie! I'm always falling into the 2 highest AMIs + I tend to go for 1 bedrooms. So it makes sense as to why I would still get called with a higher log number (sometimessss). Anything under 100% is usually super quick to go.

Also depends on the popularity of the building. I think my log number for an apartment in the Bronx was 11xxx and I got called to view a 1 bedroom. However, LOTS of people were passing up on the building. That doesn't seem to be the case for Eagle + West.

That's why I made sure to put a disclaimer in my post LOL

Old 11-19-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darladarla View Post
I did say to NOT take what I was saying as Bible lol it was just a quick estimate I threw together so it's all speculation based off of TBS. I also said I don't think TBS cared about CB preference.

I was in the highest AMI and I know there's usually less competition there. Primarily because they tend to be super overpriced and no single person wants to pay 2600+ for a 1 bedroom. This lottery though is way better for the price point if you fall in the 125% AMI. The 160% or is it 165% AMI is a bit overpriced though.

So yeah, I cannot speak to CB being that I am NEVER in range for ANY of these apartments nor am I a city employee.
What I was getting at is , doesn’t cb preference have to be done with and log numbers gone through , to actually get to the gen pop.?

Old 11-19-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darladarla View Post
Thank you for explaining this to Charlie! I'm always falling into the 2 highest AMIs + I tend to go for 1 bedrooms. So it makes sense as to why I would still get called with a higher log number (sometimessss). Anything under 100% is usually super quick to go.

Also depends on the popularity of the building. I think my log number for an apartment in the Bronx was 11xxx and I got called to view a 1 bedroom. However, LOTS of people were passing up on the building. That doesn't seem to be the case for Eagle + West.

That's why I made sure to put a disclaimer in my post LOL
This doesn’t exactly explain everything , as I qualify for multiple units . If this was the case , they should update those who are getting skipped over due to lack of units in those specific ami’s people fall into .

Old 11-19-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah, if they already asked you for your documents then there's a 75% chance that you WILL be okay. It was stated earlier in the thread that Reside likes to ask hundreds of people at a time for documents. They still have to go through all those people in order. If all the people in front of you miraculously qualify for the apartments and they hit the 50% quota, there's a chance you won't get the apartment based off of CB.

There's a bit over 200 apartments. 50% goes to CB so that guarantees you all a bit over 100 apartments. If you're the 200th person on their CB list, you may or may not get an apartment depending on whether the people before you were turning them down or not actually qualifying for them. Having preference for CB, City Employee, Disability, etc etc doesn't guarantee you anything unless you're log number is superrrrrr low ON TOP of having those preferences.. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery