Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 01:24 AM

271 posts, read 309,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
Unrelated but has anyone lived in greenpoint for a while and loves it? I currently live in Williamsburg and it’s pretty exciting over here. I’m worried that Greenpoint won’t be as exciting and lonely. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I love it. Smaller shops, tons of restaurants but not as much “night life” in your face, but still places around. Lots of families and dogs too! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 06:57 AM

644 posts, read 740,312 times
Not boring at all. The neighborhood is very charming. There are plenty of bars and restaurants, and so many cute small shops. if you have a sweet tooth, you're gonna have a problem. It's not manhattan for sure lol but provides a nice balance

Old 11-26-2022, 12:53 PM

13 posts, read 10,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
Unrelated but has anyone lived in greenpoint for a while and loves it? I currently live in Williamsburg and it’s pretty exciting over here. I’m worried that Greenpoint won’t be as exciting and lonely. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I just moved from Williamsburg to Greenpoint and loving it so far. I was in Williamsburg for 6 years. Greenpoint is much quieter but still has enough restaurants/bars nearby. It is lacking gyms though... Also, it's a nice walk back towards Williamsburg so you can still visit your old spots. The bus is pretty convenient too.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,489 times
How do you know if you got called because of cb? I do live in Greenpoint and got emailed to submit docs on October 6th with the deadline of October 19th but I have a really high log number 13xxx and don’t know where it says you have community board preference? My log number seems a lot higher than others I have seen posted here when they say they have cb preference. Thanks

Old 11-26-2022, 07:14 PM

196 posts, read 178,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpointersister View Post
How do you know if you got called because of cb? I do live in Greenpoint and got emailed to submit docs on October 6th with the deadline of October 19th but I have a really high log number 13xxx and don’t know where it says you have community board preference? My log number seems a lot higher than others I have seen posted here when they say they have cb preference. Thanks
Having CB preference just means you are apart of the same community in which the lottery is taking place. I live in Williamsburg and my log is 12xxx and was contacted the same day as you - so you're not alone.

Old 11-26-2022, 07:14 PM

390 posts, read 353,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpointersister View Post
You got CB when you got called on October 6. Now you have to to wait like the rest of the CB to be called. It goes in order of log number lowest to high out of the CB batch. I'm 81xx and I should be getting called by the 1st or 2nd week of December.. depending on how much CB I'd left you may not hear anything back till sometime in the end of January... maybe even later..

Old 11-26-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Having CB preference just means you are apart of the same community in which the lottery is taking place. I live in Williamsburg and my log is 12xxx and was contacted the same day as you - so you're not alone.
The woman told me there's a lot of paperwork to go through. They're in the 6000's now.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:18 PM

196 posts, read 178,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
The woman told me there's a lot of paperwork to go through. They're in the 6000's now.
I know I was just saying they weren't alone in having a high CB log number.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
I know I was just saying they weren't alone in having a high CB log number.
Yeah, I know.. I was saying where they're at now. I meant to tag both y'all in it so the other person would have an idea of where they're at rn...Camomille are you still hoping to land what you want for this lottery? I thought you took Oak St.. or I could be confusing you with someone else.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,489 times
Thank you on nov 2nd I got an email that said they received my paperwork and it would be 6-8 weeks so maybe even longer at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery