Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 10:35 AM

31 posts, read 25,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb540 View Post
Thanks for the congrats ))
Correct - I am 80% AMI (sorry I didn't include that in the original post). As Kiid said, there are no 1BR remaining. My agent told me all the 1BR have been assigned, but there is a waiting list to get into a 1 BR about 15 people deep. I don't know what that process looks like or if that is even a thing, but that could be an option for those who really want a 1BR.
I'll keep everyone posted on what the studios look like when I tour the building on Tuesday.
As for how I was notified, I got an email from a different person (neither Susan nor my agent) who told me I was eligible for a studio. My HC portal still hasn't updated, it is still showing as "under review", and my documents haven't been submitted yet.

I just spoke to Ava one of the operators and she said there are two 1 bedrooms for 80 AMI left. I think everyone is getting a lot of different information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 10:42 AM

24 posts, read 22,851 times
There is so much different information that being put out there, last week I was told they are starting gen population in 1-2 weeks and now people who are non cb are being reached out to in 2000 numbers… soo confusing I’m at 125 AMI and 6xx and I still have not been reached out to… I just don’t understand.. I’ve given up hope honestly, I guess if it’s meant to happen for me it will lol

Old 11-25-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam830 View Post
There is so much different information that being put out there, last week I was told they are starting gen population in 1-2 weeks and now people who are non cb are being reached out to in 2000 numbers… soo confusing I’m at 125 AMI and 6xx and I still have not been reached out to… I just don’t understand.. I’ve given up hope honestly, I guess if it’s meant to happen for me it will lol
Im starting to feel the same way. I was told I was in batch 2 for documents to be reviewed and now it feels like I'm in batch 202, and I am stressing myself out quite frankly. So I'm going to take a chill pill and just wait for it to come if it does !

Old 11-25-2022, 11:32 AM

390 posts, read 355,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknwn90 View Post
Pretty much. I will say it’s very nice and was told no reservation is needed. It’s a cool space to lounge or have a quiet space to be or when you want to host a watch party for a show or sports.
When they said hosting events I thought it was a private area for events. It sounds like a cool place to meet other people in the building.

Old 11-25-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb540 View Post
Thanks for the congrats ))
Correct - I am 80% AMI (sorry I didn't include that in the original post). As Kiid said, there are no 1BR remaining. My agent told me all the 1BR have been assigned, but there is a waiting list to get into a 1 BR about 15 people deep. I don't know what that process looks like or if that is even a thing, but that could be an option for those who really want a 1BR.
I'll keep everyone posted on what the studios look like when I tour the building on Tuesday.
As for how I was notified, I got an email from a different person (neither Susan nor my agent) who told me I was eligible for a studio. My HC portal still hasn't updated, it is still showing as "under review", and my documents haven't been submitted yet.
No problem. So basically, if HPD doesn't approve an application or for whatever reason or a potential tenant changes their mind, that 1 bedroom apartment would go to the next person on the top of the waitlist.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:23 PM

46 posts, read 44,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam830 View Post
What is the status on your application? Were you requested to submit initial documents at least? I was requested to submit initial documents for the 1st time 2 days ago and I am 125% AMI with log 27xx. Maybe you missed your window to submit initial documents?

Old 11-25-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlBklyn View Post
Im starting to feel the same way. I was told I was in batch 2 for documents to be reviewed and now it feels like I'm in batch 202, and I am stressing myself out quite frankly. So I'm going to take a chill pill and just wait for it to come if it does !
Batch 2 of CB or Gen pop? Because they're in the 6000s rn and they're processing all cb 1st.

Old 11-25-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Batch 2 of CB or Gen pop? Because they're in the 6000s rn and they're processing all cb 1st.
I don't have CB just med and city employee preferences. So I'm guessing the 2nd batch of preferences, however, with the misinformation Reside operators have been spewing I really don't know anymore.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:17 PM

69 posts, read 58,925 times
Unrelated but has anyone lived in greenpoint for a while and loves it? I currently live in Williamsburg and it’s pretty exciting over here. I’m worried that Greenpoint won’t be as exciting and lonely. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Old 11-25-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlBklyn View Post
I don't have CB just med and city employee preferences. So I'm guessing the 2nd batch of preferences, however, with the misinformation Reside operators have been spewing I really don't know anymore.
Once we got called to submit docs by October 20th it goes in order of log number. If you got called in with cb then that's pretty much it from my understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery