Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 02:16 PM

7 posts, read 6,179 times

Advertisements

Hello All-

I am CB 6xxx, 125% AMI, 1 bedroom. (i)I was asked to submit documents in October. (ii) Received the Susan email on November 2, (iii) got an email from Faigy at Reside on Nov 17 asking for additional documents which I immediately emailed to her,(iv) then got a call/email from Chaya at Reside later on Nov 17 to set up the apartment showing, (v) saw the apartment on November 18 and immediately emailed Faigy and Chaya after to say I am ready to move forward, (vi) yesterday November 21, I signed some more forms and Reside submitted to HPD.

Now I wait for approval. Any estimate on how long HPD approval takes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 02:18 PM

31 posts, read 25,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Exactly! Totally unfair I thought they would get 50% of each ami/ number of bdrs as well.
Idk why I feel as though they are only reaching out to those with cb preference all around. I haven't seen much of the other preferences unless they have been paired with cb preference as well.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:25 PM

544 posts, read 428,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss8842 View Post
Hello All-

I am CB 6xxx, 125% AMI, 1 bedroom. (i)I was asked to submit documents in October. (ii) Received the Susan email on November 2, (iii) got an email from Faigy at Reside on Nov 17 asking for additional documents which I immediately emailed to her,(iv) then got a call/email from Chaya at Reside later on Nov 17 to set up the apartment showing, (v) saw the apartment on November 18 and immediately emailed Faigy and Chaya after to say I am ready to move forward, (vi) yesterday November 21, I signed some more forms and Reside submitted to HPD.

there is no standard range, sometimes a few days sometimes weeks. With the holidays coming maybe a little longer but if you signed yesterday hopefully the packet went through right away and whoever is reviewing it at HPD wants to get it out of the way before holidays

Old 11-22-2022, 07:40 PM

390 posts, read 352,713 times
Quote:
Exactly! Totally unfair I thought they would get 50% of each ami/ number of bdrs as well.
I wonder if this a reside thing or do most lotteries do this as well..I never had a super low lover number before, but out of 22 lotteries I applied for this is the first to ask me for documents.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:42 PM

390 posts, read 352,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss8842 View Post
Hello All-

Congratulations!

Old 11-22-2022, 10:35 PM

18 posts, read 14,340 times
Quote:
I find it kinda crazy that all 29 of the 1 bedrooms were given to CB. Totally unfair if this is true. The system needs to be better so this does not happen..
With this process kinda seems impossible to secure 1 bed if you have gen pop i to assumed each set of apartments were set aside for each sub group

Old 11-22-2022, 10:41 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,411,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2k View Post
With this process kinda seems impossible to secure 1 bed if you have gen pop i to assumed each set of apartments were set aside for each sub group
This is why a good amount of people don’t like CB. It’s great when you have it but if you don’t it makes things harder to secure.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:21 PM

800 posts, read 733,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
This is why a good amount of people don’t like CB. It’s great when you have it but if you don’t it makes things harder to secure.
Yeah I like and agree to the concept of it but I’m not CB to greenpoint or Queens CB2 so I’m always out of luck with those lotteries lol. Also maybe CB shouldn’t be 50% if there are also other preferences. Maybe more like 25% and total of all preferences be 50%. Just my opinion!

Old 11-22-2022, 11:43 PM

800 posts, read 733,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
I'm surprised too. I thought 50% of each unit type per AMI would go to CB not, 50% of the apartments as a collective. I think it's kind of unfair too. Especially for people who really need the apartment. It looks like mainly apartments with higher AMIs will go to gen pop and that sucks. I think this happened because there's no direct regulation of how the cb apartments should be allocated.
I think it’ll be hard to regulate though. Consider an applicant that does not have straightforward income calculation. Based off their profile they may have listed an income that falls in the 60% AMI but truly fall under 80% AMI. If the way CB was handled was 50% per AMI, and this was completed for 60% AMI, the agency will probably skip over their application initially when processing CB.

Another scenario could be households that qualify for multiple # of bedrooms, imagine going through multiple rounds of document submission, just to get to the end and be told “oh there are 2 bedrooms available in X AMI but 50% has been taken up by cb so if you want to continue as a cb applicant, there are only 1 bedrooms available otherwise you have to be processed with genpop for a 2 bedroom” and at that point who knows if their number will be reached with genpop.

Definitely pros and cons to both ways but 50% of each unit type per AMI would definitely be more difficult and more room for error on the agency’s side.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:02 AM

11 posts, read 7,666 times
Lol , this is humorous seeing people in gen pop complaining , when I’ve literally lived in Greenpoint for 30+ years . I was contacted literally the first day the log numbers even hit , and I’m still waiting for an update to my process . So yeah .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery