Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2022, 01:01 PM

390 posts, read 355,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Thanks for the info! Glad its moving quick
No problem. Me too, I've been debating on looking for a private apartment, but I'm holding out for this lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
No more one bedroom for 80% AMI. CB and non CB. Not sure about the other AMI’s
Thanks for confirming.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:15 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbil64 View Post
I actually called Reside yesterday and was told that there are still one bedroom and studio units available for 80% AMI.
This is good to hear. There are people saying there are no more 1 beds at all for 80AMI which I kind of doubt..

Old 11-18-2022, 01:20 PM

11 posts, read 7,709 times
What are the chances for me to get a studio at 15xxx cb and city employee preference

Old 11-18-2022, 01:30 PM

20 posts, read 31,843 times
I am SO confused because my log number is 4xx for general population and I have NOT been contacted. I emailed Susan and she told me to await a notification from housing connect to submit paperwork. But I see others with a higher log # in general pop that have submitted paperwork already. My application status on housing connect has stayed on “pending” and application received for days now with no notification to submit documents.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I had specifically asked for those under CB and that’s what I was told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Exactly! They told me the same thing.
I feel like the Reside is just telling people anything at this point. If there were some available 1 bedrooms people wouldn't be complaining about Reside finally got to their log number the rep offered a studio a because there weren't any 1 bedrooms are left and people with lower log #'s wouldn't be waitlisted to upgrade to a 1 bedroom. It seems to be a lot of miscommunication going on... some agents have told several people who log numbers have already been reach that there's no 1 bedrooms at 80% left and then there's other agents telling people who are actually waiting for their log number to be reached that there are 1 bedrooms left. If y'all are waiting for 1 bedrooms at 80% AMI I truly hope that there actually are apartments left since they're only giving away only 29 apartments and that y'all get it. I feel like because we're so close to the finish line this process is starting to get a little stressful.

Last edited by Kiiddesire120; 11-18-2022 at 01:59 PM..

Old 11-18-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieboo6969 View Post
What are the chances for me to get a studio at 15xxx cb and city employee preference
Nobody would know what your chances are. So far studios are available in all ami brackets. I'm CB 81xx batch 5, but I'm going for a 2 bedroom apartment. If I were to get an apartment if wouldn't affect your chances since my household size is 3.. I wouldn't qualify for a studio. Sense they're going in order of log number for CB preference at the moment I was told I should hear something by the end of the month/ 1st week of December. You can call Reside and get an estimate of when you would get called but I'm thinking some time towards the end December or beginning of January. You can always call and ask. Good luck!

Old 11-18-2022, 02:20 PM

69 posts, read 58,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
This is good to hear. There are people saying there are no more 1 beds at all for 80AMI which I kind of doubt..
I’ve literally been assigned an agent and this is what she told me. I was only offered a studio but the person in front of me dropped out so they gave me their space.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:22 PM

11 posts, read 7,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Nobody would know what your chances are. So far studios are available in all ami brackets. I'm CB 81xx batch 5, but I'm going for a 2 bedroom apartment. If I were to get an apartment if wouldn't affect your chances since my household size is 3.. I wouldn't qualify for a studio. Sense they're going in order of log number for CB preference at the moment I was told I should hear something by the end of the month/ 1st week of December. You can call Reside and get an estimate of when you would get called but I'm thinking some time towards the end December or beginning of January. You can always call and ask. Good luck!
I understand this , and I have called , but the info is very vague and varies greatly . For instance I was told that cb and city preference work together . Which doesn’t seem to be the case or I would have already had an update . I don’t remember who called it way earlier in this thread , but someone said that this management co. Sends a lot of emails to pretty much everyone .

Old 11-18-2022, 02:27 PM

69 posts, read 58,925 times
Quote:
I actually called Reside yesterday and was told that there are still one bedroom and studio units available for 80% AMI.
If you get offered one let us know but the agent i was personally assigned said there is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery