Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2022, 03:27 PM

46 posts, read 43,697 times

Advertisements

When do you guys think they will reach log # 27xx for general population at the current rate they are going? Do I have any chance to score a one bedroom in the 125% AMI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 04:31 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,413,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
I’ve literally been assigned an agent and this is what she told me. I was only offered a studio but the person in front of me dropped out so they gave me their space.
I'm not saying anyone is lying. The reality is that they could be saying all 1 beds are taken because they have contacted people who qualify for all the 1 beds but until those people sign the lease there is always room for things to happen where people could deny it or get denied etc.

I'm just wondering if they have set aside a certain amount of 1 beds for gen pop or not to know if I still have a chance but I wont know until they reach my log # in gen pop.

Old 11-18-2022, 05:53 PM

84 posts, read 65,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
When do you guys think they will reach log # 27xx for general population at the current rate they are going? Do I have any chance to score a one bedroom in the 125% AMI?
Don't take this for Bible at all.. bc this was me just doing some quick maths LOL

Going off of Two Blue Slip (Reside also handled them)
- Log #81xx
- Lottery ended 9/15/2021
- Got asked for documents 3/xx/2022
- Viewing scheduled 4/xx/2022

Eagle + West Lottery
- Ended 9/19/2022

It took 6 months for me to hear from Reside for TBS. At the 3 month mark, they were probably around the 4000 log numbers. 1 1/2 months, they were probably around the 2000 log numbers. Major difference is I don't think CB preference was taken into account for TBS.

So if Eagle + West has gone through their CB applicants, I'd say to give it a month to a month and a half for them to get to your log number for Gen Pop. I'd say you have a decent chance but then again, it seems like not too many people are passing up on this building. Fingers crossed anyway!!!

Also, this is probably one of the best lotteries for the 125% AMI. Decent price in a beautiful building + amenities!

Old 11-18-2022, 06:40 PM

18 posts, read 14,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsx View Post
I am SO confused because my log number is 4xx for general population and I have NOT been contacted. I emailed Susan and she told me to await a notification from housing connect to submit paperwork. But I see others with a higher log # in general pop that have submitted paperwork already. My application status on housing connect has stayed on “pending” and application received for days now with no notification to submit documents.
We are in the same boat, my status changed to pending so I am getting paper work ready assuming they will reach out soon

Old 11-18-2022, 06:56 PM

46 posts, read 35,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darladarla View Post
Don't take this for Bible at all.. bc this was me just doing some quick maths LOL

- Log #81xx

Eagle + West Lottery
- Ended 9/19/2022

It took 6 months for me to hear from Reside for TBS. At the 3 month mark, they were probably around the 4000 log numbers. 1 1/2 months, they were probably around the 2000 log numbers. Major difference is I don't think CB preference was taken into account for TBS.

So if Eagle + West has gone through their CB applicants, I'd say to give it a month to a month and a half for them to get to your log number for Gen Pop. I'd say you have a decent chance but then again, it seems like not too many people are passing up on this building. Fingers crossed anyway!!!

Also, this is probably one of the best lotteries for the 125% AMI. Decent price in a beautiful building + amenities!
I’m log #4xxx gen pop but I love the area and the building is so gorgeous that I’m even willing to take a 130% studio or 1 bed if it means I have a better chance

Old 11-18-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:

- Log #81xx

Eagle + West Lottery
- Ended 9/19/2022

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation Darla! This makes so much sense, I really hope I get a chance for this building, and you're correct $2500 for a one bedroom apartment is a steal! I currently pay this much in a shared market rate apartment, I'm so done living with flatmates.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:00 PM

11 posts, read 7,674 times
Quote:

- Log #81xx

Eagle + West Lottery
- Ended 9/19/2022

Wait , so your saying they will reach gen pop 1.5 months in , but me with cb preference , city employee preference 15xxx , still won’t move on to the next process but gen pop will?

Old 11-18-2022, 09:00 PM

390 posts, read 353,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieboo6969 View Post
I understand this , and I have called , but the info is very vague and varies greatly . For instance I was told that cb and city preference work together . Which doesn’t seem to be the case or I would have already had an update . I don’t remember who called it way earlier in this thread , but someone said that this management co. Sends a lot of emails to pretty much everyone .
So you more than likely got called because of you're CB. CB was called first then can other preferences since CB is 50% of apartments and city employee is 5%. Once you got called to submit documents fact that you're a city employee and CB no longer matters. You don't get priority for having both. After Reside asked for documents preferences no longer matter, they go in order of all the log numbers of the preferences they asked to submit documents from lowest to highest. You haven't got an update because your log number is high. I believe they're still in the 5000's log number, but since its only preferences getting called first you'll be contacted for apartment before the general population with no preferences. You just have to wait till they hit your batch in the CB batches. All the general population who are being asked for documents will get processed after us. Some agents are more helpful than others, I think it depends on who you talk to.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieboo6969 View Post
Wait , so your saying they will reach gen pop 1.5 months in , but me with cb preference , city employee preference 15xxx , still won’t move on to the next process but gen pop will?
Charlie, there's many factors - depends on your AMI and household size as well, as in what type of units you qualify for (1bd, 2 bd, 3bd). From what people have been saying on this forum, 1 bedroom at 80% AMI have all been assigned to people. Now, my understanding is if you're in that category and they have reached the capacity, they will move on to the next person with CB who qualifies for a different unit or is in a different AMI, thus skipping you in the process.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:08 PM

390 posts, read 353,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater13 View Post
Charlie, there's many factors - depends on your AMI and household size as well, as in what type of units you qualify for (1bd, 2 bd, 3bd). From what people have been saying on this forum, 1 bedroom at 80% AMI have all been assigned to people. Now, my understanding is if you're in that category and they have reached the capacity, they will move on to the next person with CB who qualifies for a different unit or is in a different AMI, thus skipping you in the process.
That makes a lot of sense. Just about a week or 2 ago they were in the 3xxx, now I see they're in the 5xxx I'm just hoping there's 2 bedrooms left at 80% AMI when they hit 81xx. The woman I had talked to at Reside said they let you know if they don't have any available apartments left for people, but I not sure if that is true...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery