Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2022, 06:30 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
CB was asked to submit documents in October. Everyone who's being asked to send documents after October 20th is general population. They're still reviewing and approving CB. So, it'll take about 6 -8 weeks (maybe longer) after the document deadline to submit documents to here something back. I'm log # 81xx with CB and I was told I should hear something by the end of the month or the first week of December.
They reached out to all of CB already? That was quick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 07:40 PM

19 posts, read 14,624 times
Thanks for all the congratulations guys!

For those who’ve also gotten official approval, are we all waiting on management to reach out to us?

Or did any of you get in contact with them already?

Old 11-17-2022, 09:18 PM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
They reached out to all of CB already? That was quick
I do believe they did reach out to all CB preference.. I was told CB gets proccessed first and I should hear something at the end of the month. I'm in batch 5 log 81xx. Someone just said they're in batch 6 with log 88xx and I know there's some people who have CB with 13xxx and 14xxx. If they are calling gen pop reside must be close to hitting their 50% CB preference or theres not much CB preference applicants left and they are now calling gen pop. The CB logs are moving pretty quick though.

Last edited by Kiiddesire120; 11-17-2022 at 10:33 PM..

Old 11-18-2022, 12:39 AM

11 posts, read 7,652 times
So I’m 15xxx with cb and city employee , I sent my paperwork in the initial emails . I haven’t gotten a follow up yet , but Susan answered me and told me that their are still a lot of apartments avail , but you are making it seem my chances are limited ?

Old 11-18-2022, 05:09 AM

138 posts, read 156,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl0461 View Post
Thanks for all the congratulations guys!

For those who’ve also gotten official approval, are we all waiting on management to reach out to us?

Or did any of you get in contact with them already?
They reached out to me already send me invitation to join they resident portal and they preparing my lease which I should sign any day now

Old 11-18-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieboo6969 View Post
So I’m 15xxx with cb and city employee , I sent my paperwork in the initial emails . I haven’t gotten a follow up yet , but Susan answered me and told me that their are still a lot of apartments avail , but you are making it seem my chances are limited ?
I'm not sure how I made it seem like apartments are limited. CB get processed first before general population.. it also depends on your AMI. I can tell you this.. 1 bedrooms for 80% AMI are no longer available so they're offering studios according to other CB who were told that and got studios . It depends on what your AMI is and what apartment type that you qualify for. When you get called they'll give you the best available option they have for you, but you'll get your apartment based on availability before general population which is a +

Old 11-18-2022, 06:50 AM

150 posts, read 130,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
I'm not sure how I made it seem like apartments are limited. CB get processed first before general population.. it also depends on your AMI. I can tell you this.. 1 bedrooms for 80% AMI are no longer available so they're offering studios according to other CB who were told that and got studios . It depends on what your AMI is and what apartment type that you qualify for. When you get called they'll give you the best available option they have for you, but you'll get your apartment based on availability before general population which is a +
Who told you that 80% 1bdr are gone? They told me they still had available.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:10 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieboo6969 View Post
I would just listen to the marketing agent if they told you that they are the ones that truly know.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Who told you that 80% 1bdr are gone? They told me they still had available.
I said other people who CB preference who got offered apartments said there's no more 1-bedroom apartments at 80% AMI available and were offered studios. There's a couple of them a in earlier pages on this forum who said it and one person who said he was offered a studio and asked to be waitlisted for a one bedroom and got the upgrade a while later. Once it hit and don't quote me.. somewhere in the 3xxx range people started posting how they wanted a one bedroom apartments and got offered a studio due to no one bedrooms at 80% and took an apartment at a different lottery. Another person said that an agent told them all of the one bedrooms have been offered already so I'm assuming if people are upgrading or getting 1 bedrooms its because the people who haven't signed papers didn't want the apartment anymore or didn't respond in time. There's about 3 people I seen so far all CB who got lower log number than me for this lottery decline apartments and who said they took Oak instead so that might aid in the openings. I wish there was more transparency with the process, but I use the forum to keep up with whatever is going on and I guess 1 bedroom apartments are more popular for 80%. I qualify for a 2 and 3 bedroom at 80% but will more likely get a 2 bedroom if there's availability when they hit my log number.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I would just listen to the marketing agent if they told you that they are the ones that truly know.
I do believe it's a lot of apartments left but based on what the agency is saying some people may not get their preference on apartment size. I think Reside agents needs to be more transparent with the people they talk to about the availability. I think that's where all the confusion is coming from because 1 or 2 people can qualify for a studio and 1 bedroom. For example, some people earlier in the form who are in the 80% AMI who wanted 1 bedrooms and was told only studios are available. Since they qualified for both a studio and 1 bedroom, saying yes there's apartments available doesn't give much info. Hence the people who were upset about no getting a one bedroom. Or depending on household size and their income range there could be a couple who wants a one bedroom at 80% AMI and gets offered a studio at 125% AMI.. Or if the couple had a kid and there was no 1 or 2 bedroom apartments at 80% and their income is on the higher end of the 80% AMI range, they could be offered a 1 bedroom at 125% AMI based on availability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery