Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 06:50 AM

196 posts, read 178,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
My daughter's grandmother moved into a housing lottery building a little over a year ago. She renewed her lease 2 weeks ago. She stated once you get in, they don't look at income no more, you're at a rent freeze. Your rent will be raised by a percentage. It was mentioned on greenpointlottery.com that your rent is stabilized and increases a percentage each year as well, but for some reason the website no longer works.
Yes I heard that as well (about the percentage increase each year) - how much did your daughter's grandmother's rent increase by if I may ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 07:04 AM

138 posts, read 156,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Yes I heard that as well (about the percentage increase each year) - how much did your daughter's grandmother's rent increase by if I may ask?
It depends on the city, sometimes it’s 1% or 2% o 3% sometimes 0%.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:50 AM

603 posts, read 601,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
So I’m a bit confused about this building. Even though there are pictures of pools, are the lottery winners allowed to use them? I don’t mind paying an extra fee if i won but are the winners even able to do that?
You can use any amenities in your building, some require fees. You have the same rights as market-rate people. There is no question about that.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:00 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,842,684 times
This building is an exception though. To those who will get their units on 27 Eagle won't have any access to the amenities. They will only get a complimentary of using the gym & event space that will be available within their building. Only those who get units on 227 West will have an access to the amenities along with their fellow MR tenants on 1 Eagle with paying a membership fee, if I'm not mistaken $275/mo not including swimming pool.

These are clearly mentioned on the lottery page: https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
You can use any amenities in your building, some require fees. You have the same rights as market-rate people. There is no question about that.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysia15m View Post
It depends on the city, sometimes it’s 1% or 2% o 3% sometimes 0%.
Good to know thank you.

Old 10-13-2022, 08:39 AM

603 posts, read 601,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
This building is an exception though. To those who will get their units on 27 Eagle won't have any access to the amenities. They will only get a complimentary of using the gym & event space that will be available within their building. Only those who get units on 227 West will have an access to the amenities along with their fellow MR tenants on 1 Eagle with paying a membership fee, if I'm not mistaken $275/mo not including swimming pool.

These are clearly mentioned on the lottery page: https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/3007
Oh wow, it is very different and those prices, $275/mo,

Old 10-13-2022, 11:17 AM

11 posts, read 10,197 times
Hey I was contacted to submit Documents, my Log is 9xxx with CB. Has anyone been contacted after submitting their documents?

Old 10-13-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBynum1 View Post
Hey I was contacted to submit Documents, my Log is 9xxx with CB. Has anyone been contacted after submitting their documents?
I don't think anyone has yet - their office is closed until October 19th. Good luck to you!! I'm log 12xxx.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:57 PM

11 posts, read 10,197 times
Same to you! Is it multiple agents working on the logs or is it one at a time?

Old 10-13-2022, 08:41 PM

390 posts, read 351,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
I actually don't remember but it was under 10%. I would have to ask her, but it varies from development if I'm not mistaken. The main thing that caught my eye was that it's a set percentage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery