Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 08:08 PM

390 posts, read 350,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
I’m kind of confused. If you have a log number that’s like 3xxx does that mean they have to check 3xxx people before you? Do all of those 3xxx people get requests for documents?

Let’s say you are log 3xxx have CB and a city employee and number 2xx does not, does 2xx still have a higher chance because their log number is lower? Im new to this and kind of confused how it all works.
CB will get priority despite log number. 50% of the lottery is CB as stated on the online application. If I'm not mistaken, they're calling CB first. I'm list number 81xx, in the same CB preference and got called to return documents and I saw someone with a list number of 11xx or 13xx get called back as well and they are withing the CB as well. I believe all CB preference people (If they qualify first) will be offered apartments first (Since they seem to be the only ones called so far). I think after a person is deemed qualified people get put into the category of AMI and apartment size.. then called in order based on their log number. Outside the 50% Community Board people will (or should be) the general population and the small preference for municipal workers (5% preference) and the disabled (5% mobility and 2% vision/ hearing). Not everyone qualifies though credit, payment history, etc. plays a role. Sometimes people get raises or are no longer interested because they moved somewhere else. There are actually some really low numbers on the form who haven't been called (general population), but people with higher number like me have been called just for living in the same CB. Just because I got called back doesn't mean I'll get the apartment because their could be people with the same AGI, apartment size and lower than me who all take the apartment before I get my chance. Shoot my credit could fair.. idk. Honestly with the other 50% it's anybody's game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 08:14 PM

11 posts, read 8,666 times
Lots of great info in this forum. I wanted to share my experience as well: I’ve been asked to submit documentation and just sent it through today.

I have CB preference
Also work for a CUNY (so city employee)
Log #14xxx

What do you all think my chances are? The building and amenities look incredible I’m really crossing my fingers for this one!

Old 10-11-2022, 08:29 PM

69 posts, read 58,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
CB will get priority despite log number. 50% of the lottery is CB as stated on the online application. If I'm not mistaken, they're calling CB first. I'm list number 81xx, in the same CB preference and got called to return documents and I saw someone with a list number of 11xx or 13xx get called back as well and they are withing the CB as well. I believe all CB preference people (If they qualify first) will be offered apartments first (Since they seem to be the only ones called so far). I think after a person is deemed qualified people get put into the category of AMI and apartment size.. then called in order based on their log number. Outside the 50% Community Board people will (or should be) the general population and the small preference for municipal workers (5% preference) and the disabled (5% mobility and 2% vision/ hearing). Not everyone qualifies though credit, payment history, etc. plays a role. Sometimes people get raises or are no longer interested because they moved somewhere else. There are actually some really low numbers on the form who haven't been called (general population), but people with higher number like me have been called just for living in the same CB. Just because I got called back doesn't mean I'll get the apartment because their could be people with the same AGI, apartment size and lower than me who all take the apartment before I get my chance. Shoot my credit could fair.. idk. Honestly with the other 50% it's anybody's game.
Ah so the log number does matter but they are just picking out based on CB first

Old 10-11-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
Ah so the log number does matter but they are just picking out based on CB first
So far from what I seen on the post everyone who got called back is CB preference. Post 293 has 14xxx CB, and stated a request for documents were sent to them.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:38 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
It could take a couple of months before they get to general population numbers. This is a big building. Over 200 units. Half of that is for CB

Old 10-11-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc2022 View Post
Lots of great info in this forum. I wanted to share my experience as well: I’ve been asked to submit documentation and just sent it through today.

I have CB preference
Also work for a CUNY (so city employee)
Log #14xxx

What do you all think my chances are? The building and amenities look incredible I’m really crossing my fingers for this one!
Probably the same chance as any other CB preference who was called since CB preference seems to be the only ones called so far. Earlier in the post they was someone with a way lower number (I think the 2xxx or 3xxx) who was a city employee and hasn't been called yet. I'm log#81xx with CB and got called last week. 50% of apartments will go to CB preference. Only 5% for city employees (which is like 14 apartments). CB has priority right now which why you have been called so early with such a high log number.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:45 PM

11 posts, read 8,666 times
Quote:
Probably the same chance as any other CB preference who was called since CB preference seems to be the only ones called so far. Earlier in the post they was someone with a way lower number (I think the 2xxx or 3xxx) who was a city employee and hasn't been called yet. I'm log#81xx with CB and got called last week. 50% of apartments will go to CB preference. Only 5% for city employees (which is like 14 apartments). CB has priority right now which why you have been called so early with such a high log number.
Got it! That does make sense when you spell it out this way. Appreciate your reply, will report back here if I’m moved to the next stage.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc2022 View Post
Got it! That does make sense when you spell it out this way. Appreciate your reply, will report back here if I’m moved to the next stage.
No problem. It'll probably take a while for updates since our marketing manager, Susan, is out of office till the 19th. Good luck!

Old 10-12-2022, 06:19 AM

229 posts, read 241,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
It could take a couple of months before they get to general population numbers. This is a big building. Over 200 units. Half of that is for CB
True. It could take 6 month, a year or more for general population to be called. We can have an idea of the timing by following One bell Slip thread (same company as Eagle + west )

Old 10-12-2022, 06:43 AM

196 posts, read 178,042 times
Quote:
Do you know if someone gets a raise but still stays in the income bracket (for example goes from 60k to 65k) are they disqualified because their raise doesn't match their household when they were reached out to ? Or is it staying within the room price bracket that matters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery