Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2023, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Doubleyou View Post
I have to echo this too. Disappointing to see how quickly management and maintenance have fallen behind at such a new building. Seems to be a pattern. A majority of the amenities don't work at 27 Eagle since I took up residency in January. And even seems like even in the MR towers a lot of folks are having issues too. Big reason why I decided to break my lease early for another housing lottery.
Were you able to break your lease? I haven't been impressed with the building and looking to break mine as well so I can move out. The amenities don't work and management has no consideration for residents of this building. There's a lot of issues with this building and I wouldn't recommend it. It's definitely a poor door situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2023, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,075 times
Hey all. So I have a relatively low log of 6** and remain on 'pending' status. I'm within the 80% AMI. Obviously all of the apartments have been filled for some time now but is there hope for the future? Could I potentially be called if an apartment opens up?

Old 09-11-2023, 11:10 AM

88 posts, read 77,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukem05 View Post
Hey all. So I have a relatively low log of 6** and remain on 'pending' status. I'm within the 80% AMI. Obviously all of the apartments have been filled for some time now but is there hope for the future? Could I potentially be called if an apartment opens up?
I was hoping this happen for me as well. My log was 2xx. I ended up getting an email saying they received my documents. Then 6 weeks after that, I got a email saying, “although I was in range, all 80ami was filled and they would be moving on” I was hoping that they would double back if something came available.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:51 AM

15 posts, read 13,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycresident2829 View Post
Were you able to break your lease? I haven't been impressed with the building and looking to break mine as well so I can move out. The amenities don't work and management has no consideration for residents of this building. There's a lot of issues with this building and I wouldn't recommend it. It's definitely a poor door situation.
PM'd you

Old 09-13-2023, 08:59 AM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajo70 View Post
I was hoping this happen for me as well. My log was 2xx. I ended up getting an email saying they received my documents. Then 6 weeks after that, I got a email saying, “although I was in range, all 80ami was filled and they would be moving on” I was hoping that they would double back if something came available.
For 80% AMI studio and 1 bedroom in general population. what log # did they reach up to ?

Old 09-13-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
I’m also 24XX, no preference, gen pop. I can’t tell you the exact floor but I saw a studio in the 20+ floor. It had a slight view of the East River and was facing south.
Which AMI are you ? If you dont mind me asking.

Old 09-13-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
You’re welcome . I’m GP- log # 28xx . I have until next Tuesday to submit my doc
What AMI are you if you don't mind me asking ... Wish you good luck!

Old 09-13-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj629 View Post
Bummer! I was really looking forward to the possibilities. This is the closest I’ve ever gotten and I’ve been applying for these lotteries for nearly 10 years . Thank you for answering my questions. I guess I feel better knowing I can’t have a washer/dryer anyway.
What AMI are you ? 80%? for studio and 1 bedroom ?(I mean what you qualified for ?,not what you prefer ) . Thank you ,and good luck !

Last edited by Waterlinesquare; 09-13-2023 at 11:24 AM..

Old 09-14-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj629 View Post
Hi everyone! I’ve just joined this forum looking for other applicants like me who are having excitement/anxiety over these lotteries and it looks like I’m in the right place.

Is there anyone here who has signed a lease and does not have CB preferences or any other kind of preference? I don’t have any preferential status, my log number is 3xxx and I was asked to submit my paperwork on housing connect. Does anyone know how long it would take for people like me to hear back? Is that what you all have been referring to as “gen pop”? (General population?)

Also, question for those who have moved in and have said there are no in unit washer/dryers in 80% ami at 27 eagle… are there washer/dryer hookups in units so I can install my own? I could live in a shoe box all my life, but I refuse to live without my own washer and dryer.
What date did they asked you to submit documents?
What AMI % ? 1 person? for studio and 1 bedroom ?
Good luck to you .

Last edited by Waterlinesquare; 09-14-2023 at 12:48 PM..

Old 09-14-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Ajo70 said Susan said there's no more apartments at 80% Ami left. I think I got the last 2 bedroom or second to last 2 bedroom @ 80% because someone not too far for my log # with CB said that they were told there were not more 2 bedrooms available and was offered a smaller apartment.
Back in January 2023 ,nomore units left for 80% AMI but nomore for preferences only correct ? Or nomore units for general population too ? (Talking about during the time back in January) . Thank you .
Hope everything is going well for you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery