Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2023, 05:16 PM

603 posts, read 598,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
It’s per resident I think someone said on this forum, but you can ask building management to make sure.
Most of these big luxury building amenities are per person(adult) per month. It can really add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2023, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,385 times
I was just approved for the 2 bedroom in the 27 building. I am torn because I see this is the one with no amenities and have not seen the apt. Can anyone tell me if they are spacious? On the virtual walkthrough, it appears very small. Any information would be appreciated. Thank You!!

Old 06-07-2023, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,385 times
I have been offered the *56 unit, what did you think of it. IMHO it looks small in the video, but I'm hoping the video makes it look smaller than it is. Thank You!!

Old 06-10-2023, 04:55 AM

5 posts, read 3,214 times
Hi! I went back and checked my log number for this lottery and noticed my status had changed from ‘Pending’ to ‘Ineligible.’ I’m not sure why that is my income falls under the 80% AMI. My log number is 54XX for reference. I’m under the asset threshold as well.

So, I’m not sure what’s going on. I didn’t receive a message indicating why I was deemed ineligible either. I don’t know if anyone could answer this question but I’d be interested in hearing insight from anyone who may experience a similar circumstance or have a helpful guess what I could’ve done wrong on my end. I’m really bummed about this .

Update: One thing I can think of is I had lower income in 2021 but I was promoted to a new position in late 2022 and my income went up. But my 2022 tax return reflects the 2021 income. However, I have my offer letter for new income uploaded.

Last edited by airball126; 06-10-2023 at 05:20 AM..

Old 06-10-2023, 09:20 AM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
It probably just means you are ineligible for the remaining available apartments. 80% AMI tends to go faster than 130%. They probably only have 130% AMI left. Especially with log 5XXX . It’s kinda high unless you have CB.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:29 AM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airball126 View Post
Hi! I went back and checked my log number for this lottery and noticed my status had changed from ‘Pending’ to ‘Ineligible.’ I’m not sure why that is my income falls under the 80% AMI. My log number is 54XX for reference. I’m under the asset threshold as well.

So, I’m not sure what’s going on. I didn’t receive a message indicating why I was deemed ineligible either. I don’t know if anyone could answer this question but I’d be interested in hearing insight from anyone who may experience a similar circumstance or have a helpful guess what I could’ve done wrong on my end. I’m really bummed about this .

Update: One thing I can think of is I had lower income in 2021 but I was promoted to a new position in late 2022 and my income went up. But my 2022 tax return reflects the 2021 income. However, I have my offer letter for new income uploaded.
Also, does your profile on housing connect say the new income? The new housing connect website is dynamic and you should always update your income in the account section as soon as you get a raise (not an offer letter). You can also click your application to see if they explain the reason for ineligibility…

Old 06-10-2023, 03:58 PM

5 posts, read 3,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
It probably just means you are ineligible for the remaining available apartments. 80% AMI tends to go faster than 130%. They probably only have 130% AMI left. Especially with log 5XXX . It’s kinda high unless you have CB.
I figured as much. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Old 06-12-2023, 09:09 AM

35 posts, read 38,542 times
Hello!
I just saw the post from someone living in 227 where it mentions there are few ppl using the amenities.
Has someone from 27 been successfully able to talk to management and get them to give us access?
I emailed Kevin last week, when the smoke was terrible to go out, see if I could use the children's room for my kid and he said no.
I just saw on activebuilding we can ] reserve the grills for 25 USD an hour.

Old 06-12-2023, 03:01 PM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloat18 View Post
Hello!
I just saw the post from someone living in 227 where it mentions there are few ppl using the amenities.
Has someone from 27 been successfully able to talk to management and get them to give us access?
I emailed Kevin last week, when the smoke was terrible to go out, see if I could use the children's room for my kid and he said no.
I just saw on activebuilding we can ] reserve the grills for 25 USD an hour.
ActiveBuilding portal lists the grills for 'Amenity Subscribers Only'

Old 06-15-2023, 10:19 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajairad07 View Post
I have been offered the *56 unit, what did you think of it. IMHO it looks small in the video, but I'm hoping the video makes it look smaller than it is. Thank You!!
I have a 2 bedroom in 27 and the apartment is bigger than the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery