Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2023, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 791 times

Advertisements

I just got called to submit for a studio in the 80% AMI range. I am going to proceed as if I want it, but I have been monitoring this forum, but will be cautious. My concern is that they are asking for a utility bill, and my most recent one is a final turn-off notice. Although it had since been paid in full, I will not have a new bill reflecting that until after the submission date. How much do you think it matters? I am coming with a voucher, so rent payments are solid. Thanks to anyone who can provide insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2023, 12:54 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieHill View Post
I just got called to submit for a studio in the 80% AMI range. I am going to proceed as if I want it, but I have been monitoring this forum, but will be cautious. My concern is that they are asking for a utility bill, and my most recent one is a final turn-off notice. Although it had since been paid in full, I will not have a new bill reflecting that until after the submission date. How much do you think it matters? I am coming with a voucher, so rent payments are solid. Thanks to anyone who can provide insight!
What is your log# ? Are you in any preferences group ?
People posted here saying all units for 80% AMI has been filled by preferences groups though, so not sure why you are contacted for that .

Old 09-18-2023, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 841 times
I got a call too. 80% AMI and low 1XX general pop. The studios look extremely small in 27 Eagle. Can anyone help with square footage? One of the two options I got looks like it can barely fit a full size bed, and the other looks like you can only fit a bed and maybe a small table with two chairs then the rest of the space is the kitchen. On the amenities book I see it says it's $230 extra for access to 227 West but I see a lot of people here saying they aren't being allowed access. Then the talk of this door at 27 sounds bad. Should I be going through with this? I was given short notice and very little time to respond.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deantk View Post
I got a call too. 80% AMI and low 1XX general pop. The studios look extremely small in 27 Eagle. Can anyone help with square footage? One of the two options I got looks like it can barely fit a full size bed, and the other looks like you can only fit a bed and maybe a small table with two chairs then the rest of the space is the kitchen. On the amenities book I see it says it's $230 extra for access to 227 West but I see a lot of people here saying they aren't being allowed access. Then the talk of this door at 27 sounds bad. Should I be going through with this? I was given short notice and very little time to respond.
There was sooo many saying ALL units in 80% AMI are taken and I said maybe all taken for the preferences" only - then someone said all units for 80% AMI for both buildings are taken by the Preferences and said no units left for G.P .
I said only 50% of units go to CB preference...so I guess I was right since 2 people just updated that they have been contacted for studio/1 bedroom in 80% AMI in G.P

Old 09-19-2023, 02:01 PM

8 posts, read 7,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deantk View Post
I was called for the 125% AMI studio and it was not worth the $2277 asked. The only way I would have considered it if the finishes in the apartment compared to 1 Eagle or 227 West. The studio in 27 can fit a full to queen bed and maybe a small love seat, and that's being generous. If the same apartment is being offered to 80% AMI at $1437, I would go for it although the building doesn't compare to 227 or 1 Eagle. It is a nice building when not compared to 1 Eagle or 227, but if I had a budget of $2300 and wasn't strapped to find an apartment I would pass.

The amenities are only for market rate and 125/130% AMI residents who reside in 227 West and market rate residents in 1 Eagle Street. Although it would be nice to provide those same amenities to everyone as other lottery buildings have, there would be too much overflow from three towers to accommodate. I can imagine that market rate $5k+ a month tenants would complain and rightfully so. If I were paying $5500 a month and could rarely access the amenities, I can take my $5500 a month to another building.

27 Eagle Street has it's own set of amenities which includes a free gym. It's true that the door at 27 Eagle has been broken since my first viewing but I've never seen any sketchy people around the building, however, I think it's unfair for management to not prioritize fixing something that seems so simple.

Old 09-23-2023, 06:38 PM

4 posts, read 3,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Your log# 3XXX general population 80%AMI income ?
My log # 12XX general population 80% AMI income and we are in August 2023, I was NEVER contacted.

They skipped my log#

It can be worst, my log is 6XX same GP 80% AMI and I was also never contacted. Reading this forum the last hour or so it seems very shady

Old 09-25-2023, 07:57 AM

22 posts, read 14,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreda View Post
It can be worst, my log is 6XX same GP 80% AMI and I was also never contacted. Reading this forum the last hour or so it seems very shady
Nothing shady, they just filled up your AMI allocation during CB. My log was 5xx 100% and never got contacted but kept an eye on the forum and it was bc they had ran out of 100% AMI rooms

Old 09-25-2023, 08:13 AM

12 posts, read 5,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
Nothing shady, they just filled up your AMI allocation during CB. My log was 5xx 100% and never got contacted but kept an eye on the forum and it was bc they had ran out of 100% AMI rooms
That can happen?! I thought it was like 50% reserve for CB.... So instead it's 50% of all available units?

Old 09-25-2023, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynite99 View Post
That can happen?! I thought it was like 50% reserve for CB.... So instead it's 50% of all available units?
It is 50% of what applicants are qualified etc for .
So if a lot of CB preference qualified for 80% AMI , it's possible they can take all the 80% AMI units ... BUT
I see on this forum, FEW applicants with log#s HIGHER than mine in G.Population for studio/1 bedroom in 80% AMI are /were still contacted AFTER a lot people had said these units(I mentioned above )were all taken by CB already .
Also there were few G.P log#s lower than mine, were contacted for 80% AMI studio/1bedroom AFTER people had already said these units(I mentioned above) were all taken by CB preferences !

Old 09-25-2023, 11:23 AM

22 posts, read 14,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynite99 View Post
adding up to waterline mentioned. 50% of all units are for CB (doesnt split it out by AMI). If all CB fill up AMI 80% and 100% then that fine. It just means the other 50% of GP will need to the other AMI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery