Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2023, 10:57 AM

523 posts, read 508,552 times

Advertisements

Just invited to tour a studio in 27 Eagle. Log 5XXX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 02:19 PM

9 posts, read 7,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Just invited to tour a studio in 27 Eagle. Log 5XXX
are you CB?

Old 06-15-2023, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusmir View Post
are you CB?
No, I don't have CB 125AMI

Old 06-18-2023, 12:20 PM

Update, I got back from my tour today of 27 West. Gabi from Reside said they only had 2 studios left in 125 AMI due to people falling through or they ended up not qualifying. The studio I saw was nice but I am in a 1 bed already, so I am going to pass. It definitely is a poor-door situation. I found that to be disappointing and I don't know how they got away with that because it has a separate entrance. As said before the amenities are only for the other building. The apartment was just under 500 square feet but the apartment itself is nice, has a gas stove which will apparently be illegal going forward, and will no longer be in lottery units. A bit far from the subway but Greenpoint is a nice neighborhood. Have some videos of the unit below.

https://imgur.com/a/jDl9MZe

ps if your parents toured with me they were very sweet haha

Old 06-19-2023, 08:36 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
I assume you toured in 27 Eagle instead of 227 West? Just wanted to clarify. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Update, I got back from my tour today of 27 West. Gabi from Reside said they only had 2 studios left in 125 AMI due to people falling through or they ended up not qualifying. The studio I saw was nice but I am in a 1 bed already, so I am going to pass. It definitely is a poor-door situation. I found that to be disappointing and I don't know how they got away with that because it has a separate entrance. As said before the amenities are only for the other building. The apartment was just under 500 square feet but the apartment itself is nice, has a gas stove which will apparently be illegal going forward, and will no longer be in lottery units. A bit far from the subway but Greenpoint is a nice neighborhood. Have some videos of the unit below.

https://imgur.com/a/jDl9MZe

ps if your parents toured with me they were very sweet haha

Old 06-19-2023, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I assume you toured in 27 Eagle instead of 227 West? Just wanted to clarify. Thanks for sharing!
Yes eagle sorry. They did tell me though there is 1, 1 bed left at 130AMI as well in 227 West but I don't qualify.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:31 PM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloat18 View Post
Hello!
I just saw the post from someone living in 227 where it mentions there are few ppl using the amenities.
Has someone from 27 been successfully able to talk to management and get them to give us access?
I emailed Kevin last week, when the smoke was terrible to go out, see if I could use the children's room for my kid and he said no.
I just saw on activebuilding we can ] reserve the grills for 25 USD an hour.
So the consensus is Jamal Scantlebury is responsible for the 1 Eagle amenities decision/situation?

Old 06-26-2023, 09:48 PM

30 posts, read 31,547 times
Anyone know about how to pay/access the electric bill? I’m concerned because I don’t want to pay a gigantic sum as I haven’t received my first bill nor do I know where to look for it.

Old 06-27-2023, 06:07 AM

112 posts, read 98,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zethos View Post
Anyone know about how to pay/access the electric bill? I’m concerned because I don’t want to pay a gigantic sum as I haven’t received my first bill nor do I know where to look for it.
I’m over in 1 bell slip. Our electric is by metergy. I was worried about my bill too because I was washing so many loads of laundry, using dishwasher, running the AC and my air filter 24/7. It only turned out to be $65.

Old 06-27-2023, 07:34 AM

603 posts, read 600,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
I’m over in 1 bell slip. Our electric is by metergy. I was worried about my bill too because I was washing so many loads of laundry, using dishwasher, running the AC and my air filter 24/7. It only turned out to be $65.
Seriously, some of these new all-electric apartments are super efficient. Bills are pretty manageable considering all the uses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery