Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2023, 04:30 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marj629 View Post
Bummer! I was really looking forward to the possibilities. This is the closest I’ve ever gotten and I’ve been applying for these lotteries for nearly 10 years . Thank you for answering my questions. I guess I feel better knowing I can’t have a washer/dryer anyway.
Your log# 3XXX general population 80%AMI income ?
My log # 12XX general population 80% AMI income and we are in August 2023, I was NEVER contacted.

They skipped my log#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2023, 05:03 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
It is legal. Only 50 percent of the apartments are allocated to CB preference. There is no rule that is has to be split equally in each AMI. For example if there are 100 total apartments. 50 in 80% Ami and 50 in 130%. If the first 50 people with CB who are contacted are all in 80 AMI, then the other 50 130% AMI will be left for the general population.
I already know only 50% of units goes to CB , BUT by law they need to SAVE 50% etc for General Population.
It's NOT legal for them to give ALL 80% AMI to CB .
I have a relatives that work for Housing Connect, HPD etc .
Also , from my experiences from applying to housing connect for 3 decades already .

Old 08-11-2023, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
Default 27 Eagle St

Poor door/separate. I had never seemed something so obvious! It is totally a seperate for the affordable units. Entrance is on 27 Eagle St. Complementary Amenities!! That's what's posted on the NYC Connect. I was just in disbelief!! Complementary amenities is a small gym. Lobby is very small. No guest check in, No revolving doors,No doorman,No concierge,No dance studio..etc. No washer and dryer in the apartment. No access to indoor pool or outdoor pool or ANY amenities of the other building(227 West) You cannot pay for these amenities.You are NOT allowed.The only amenities you have is a small gym Shared Washer and Dryer like a regular laundromat. The studio for the 125% AMI is very.. very.. small 484 square feet.The view is to the side of the building. No river view. The studio for the 130% bracket which was available was a nicer unit with washer and dryer and some upgrades but not the best layout.This one was at 227 West and you can use ALL the amenities for about $230 extra. If you own a vehicle the parking garage is not part of the building. It is privately owned runs for about $650.

Old 08-11-2023, 10:51 AM

112 posts, read 96,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
I already know only 50% of units goes to CB , BUT by law they need to SAVE 50% etc for General Population.
It's NOT legal for them to give ALL 80% AMI to CB .
I have a relatives that work for Housing Connect, HPD etc .
Also , from my experiences from applying to housing connect for 3 decades already .
No - by law they only need to save 50 percent of the TOTAL units in the lottery for the general population. In this lottery there were both 80% AMI and 130% AMI. Please ask your relatives at HPD to explain it to you. In most of these housing lotteries the lower AMI units tend to get taken up by the CB and what’s left over is the higher income apartments.

They aren’t required to split EACH AMI In half.

Old 08-12-2023, 09:27 AM

8 posts, read 7,336 times
Hi. I am new to the forum and decided to do a bit of research on Eagle + West. Are there any current tenants living in 227 who post here? I would love to get your feedback about the building, community, and neighborhood. I've had a positive experience with HPD, Reside, and BP, and moved through the process at a lightening rate. This will be a big move for me, I'll be paying lots more and I've never lived in Brooklyn. I'd really love to hear honest feedback from lottery & market rate 227 residents. Are tenants rowdy, how responsive is management, are things constantly broken, etc.? I know all new buildings comes with it's whoa's but are there any deal breakers?

Old 08-19-2023, 08:47 PM
GPT

20 posts, read 22,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycobain View Post
I just wanna make a post about this and let everyone know that reside New York is illegally discriminating against people of color for their lotteries, first they are not supposed to ask for documentation until they actually reach your log number !! They are picking and choosing by race and status and personal preferences whose documents to process , if you have been discriminated against or feel that You have been discriminated against reach out to the commission of human rights, I’ve already lodged a complaint the more people that step up the more of a chance we have at a class action lawsuit. The reviews are made by the company using bots with avatar’s and names of people of color and they have never actually worked with those people, when you have the time check all of their reviews especially 1 star ones, they run most of the lotteries on housing connect so if you think you have a fair chance !! You don’t !! I will leave my email to help others file complaint if they don’t know how to do it themselves candiicobain@gmail.com also you can reach the human rights commission directly with your complaint this is the number and email you can also go their site and lodge an electronic complaint leb@cchr.nyc.gov 2123067450 press@cchr.nyc.gov. reside New York llc are now under investigation officially and i will work against them to ensure everyone of color and non color have a fair chance at housing it’s 2023 housing discrimination should not be tolerated !! we all are just trying to survive and have a decent place to live thank you have a great day spread the message and I will answer all emails for whoever needs help with the process
As a data point for my floor on 27 Eagle, over 60%+ of residents are are people of color.

Old 08-20-2023, 11:27 AM

8 posts, read 7,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
As a data point for my floor on 27 Eagle, over 60%+ of residents are are people of color.
I am a person of color and my process with Reside was great. I'll never agree with discriminatory practices, especially being a person of color but we also have to look at what's going on here. These luxury buildings have market rate luxury tenants who are paying $3000+ a month starting for studios, earning in the 165%+ AMI living among tenants who are 30, 60, 80% AMI and paying $1200-$1800. I am not saying the 165% AMI individual is better than 80%, but these people have reached a point of success where they want things to reflect their status. It is a reality that classism exists and management companies have unfortunately formed discriminatory practices to mitigate the problem on behalf of the privileged. Ex poor door, screening for particular tenants.

Ultimately, I don't see how this will end well for lottery winners because large developers such as Brookfield and many others may completely opt out of the tax abatement programs or shift to AMI's that they deem will draw preferred tenants. I have seen the wheels in motion for the last couple of years. Early years of this program, the focus was on AMI's that ranged from 30-80%, now, I'm seeing more and more 130% only.

I say all that to say, be very careful for what you wish for. The system is not designed to benefit the working and middle class.

Old 08-21-2023, 06:15 PM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbx View Post
Poor door/separate. I had never seemed something so obvious! It is totally a seperate for the affordable units. Entrance is on 27 Eagle St. Complementary Amenities!! That's what's posted on the NYC Connect. I was just in disbelief!! Complementary amenities is a small gym. Lobby is very small. No guest check in, No revolving doors,No doorman,No concierge,No dance studio..etc. No washer and dryer in the apartment. No access to indoor pool or outdoor pool or ANY amenities of the other building(227 West) You cannot pay for these amenities.You are NOT allowed.The only amenities you have is a small gym Shared Washer and Dryer like a regular laundromat. The studio for the 125% AMI is very.. very.. small 484 square feet.The view is to the side of the building. No river view. The studio for the 130% bracket which was available was a nicer unit with washer and dryer and some upgrades but not the best layout.This one was at 227 West and you can use ALL the amenities for about $230 extra. If you own a vehicle the parking garage is not part of the building. It is privately owned runs for about $650.
Everything about Eagle + West is garbage. I live in 27 Eagle and the building is a disappointment. It's an upgrade from where I came from.. sort of. The building door is broken, the downstairs has no electricity so you can't even enter the amenities such as the gym, laundry, lounge or storage without having a potter come and open it for you. The laundry room has broken machines. The broken door is a safety hazard. When I moved in my household was in the upper end of the 80% AMI. Now we're in the middle of the 130% AMI. Let's just say I won't be renewing my lease. I talk to people in 1 Eagle and I heard it's not worth the money. All the walls have flat paint so they mess up easily. Their amenities such as the dog station is dirty. They wash all amenities with Windex, and yes, I have seen it for myself. I looking forward to 77 Commercial coming out or 1 Java. I'm just mad I did a 2 year lease.

Old 08-23-2023, 01:15 PM

15 posts, read 13,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
Everything about Eagle + West is garbage. I live in 27 Eagle and the building is a disappointment. It's an upgrade from where I came from.. sort of. The building door is broken, the downstairs has no electricity so you can't even enter the amenities such as the gym, laundry, lounge or storage without having a potter come and open it for you. The laundry room has broken machines. The broken door is a safety hazard. When I moved in my household was in the upper end of the 80% AMI. Now we're in the middle of the 130% AMI. Let's just say I won't be renewing my lease. I talk to people in 1 Eagle and I heard it's not worth the money. All the walls have flat paint so they mess up easily. Their amenities such as the dog station is dirty. They wash all amenities with Windex, and yes, I have seen it for myself. I looking forward to 77 Commercial coming out or 1 Java. I'm just mad I did a 2 year lease.
I have to echo this too. Disappointing to see how quickly management and maintenance have fallen behind at such a new building. Seems to be a pattern. A majority of the amenities don't work at 27 Eagle since I took up residency in January. And even seems like even in the MR towers a lot of folks are having issues too. Big reason why I decided to break my lease early for another housing lottery.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:25 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Doubleyou View Post
I have to echo this too. Disappointing to see how quickly management and maintenance have fallen behind at such a new building. Seems to be a pattern. A majority of the amenities don't work at 27 Eagle since I took up residency in January. And even seems like even in the MR towers a lot of folks are having issues too. Big reason why I decided to break my lease early for another housing lottery.
Good for you! I got called for some in Flatbush, but there wasn't any parking. I'm log 24x for the Paxton so I'm hoping for that or 77 commercial when it comes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery