Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2022, 12:43 PM

586 posts, read 589,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaloo95 View Post
I have a video, not sure how to send you! I saw multiple units and they were all the same in terms of appliances and fixtures. I am currently in a lottery apartment at Two Blue slip, and our appliances and finishes are the same as the Market Rate units and are top of the line luxurious. The 227 West finishes and appliances are an outdated looking stainless steel dishwasher, very small stainless stove with a nob for oven temps (no buttons or touch screen like my current), basic small stainless steel fridge with tiny freezer on top, and fridge part on bottom no icemaker. The bathroom has a lower end toilet, no separate hose fixtures in shower, more basic tub, more basic vanity and fixtures.
When I look at the market rate appliances the market rate appliances are integrated into the cabinetry and they are top of the line appliances at 227 west ...go on the website and see urself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 12:54 PM

603 posts, read 604,766 times
The Upside-Down Building Is No Longer Novel

https://www.curbed.com/2022/12/eagle...hitecture.html

Old 12-15-2022, 12:55 PM

21 posts, read 19,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
When I look at the market rate appliances the market rate appliances are integrated into the cabinetry and they are top of the line appliances at 227 west ...go on the website and see urself
Yes I am aware that the market rate units have that. I am talking about the lottery units at 227 West that they put in cheap appliances. My point here is that the lottery units at it's sister building Two Blue Slip have the same fixtures as market rate.

Old 12-15-2022, 01:21 PM

229 posts, read 242,542 times
Quote:
I have a video, not sure how to send you! I saw multiple units and they were all the same in terms of appliances and fixtures. I am currently in a lottery apartment at Two Blue slip, and our appliances and finishes are the same as the Market Rate units and are top of the line luxurious. The 227 West finishes and appliances are an outdated looking stainless steel dishwasher, very small stainless stove with a nob for oven temps (no buttons or touch screen like my current), basic small stainless steel fridge with tiny freezer on top, and fridge part on bottom no icemaker. The bathroom has a lower end toilet, no separate hose fixtures in shower, more basic tub, more basic vanity and fixtures.
I see people using imgur or google drive link to post video in this forum. We noticed the difference a long time ago . After seeing the market unit appliances I can’t take the lottery apt. Views and amenities are great but for $2500 I want the same finishes as market rate apartments like other buildings are doing ( two blue slip , SVEN, Brooklyn crossing , TF cornerstone etc )

Old 12-15-2022, 01:27 PM

21 posts, read 19,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
I see people using imgur or google drive link to post video in this forum. We noticed the difference a long time ago . After seeing the market unit appliances I can’t take the lottery apt. Views and amenities are great but for $2500 I want the same finishes as market rate apartments like other buildings are doing ( two blue slip , SVEN, Brooklyn crossing , TF cornerstone etc )
Definitely, after having the nice finishes at two blue slip I don't think I want to give those up just for a better view/amenities!

Old 12-15-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
I live in Brooklyn crossing our apartments are the same it's sad these developers will go out they way to make the apartments and appliances cheaper than market rate after getting a tax break

Old 12-15-2022, 02:24 PM

12 posts, read 7,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikinkii View Post
Also- I can confirm to all that amenities at 227 West are NOT available for 27 Eagle Residence . I confirmed with Susan from reside and Damon from Eagle+West. Super bummed!
So it is true that the 2bd 80& AMI units are only in 27 Eagle?

I got the email from Susan yesterday stating they received my docs and it'll be another 6-8weeks.

Old 12-15-2022, 02:53 PM

571 posts, read 443,293 times
Quote:
You can upload to IMGUR website and share the link here after youre done uploading

Old 12-15-2022, 03:54 PM

138 posts, read 156,844 times
Quote:
I have 3 bdr in 27 west and my appliances are not cheap I have regular size dishwasher 5 burner stainless steel oven, with electric dispaly,regular size electronic built in microwave and big fridge. Floors are made from pure wood. I have 2 bathtubs and toilets so don’t see problem with that. There is no washer and dryer in apartment but there is big laundry room in basement. I really don’t understand all those comments about cheap apartments. Maybe it depends on size of apartment but mine is definitely not cheaply made

Old 12-15-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysia15m View Post
I have 3 bdr in 27 west and my appliances are not cheap I have regular size dishwasher 5 burner stainless steel oven, with electric dispaly,regular size electronic built in microwave and big fridge. Floors are made from pure wood. I have 2 bathtubs and toilets so don’t see problem with that. There is no washer and dryer in apartment but there is big laundry room in basement. I really don’t understand all those comments about cheap apartments. Maybe it depends on size of apartment but mine is definitely not cheaply made
It is cheap compared to the market rate units u have a 5 burner stove but it aint like the market rate ones ...they have bosche appliances and white oak wood conceled kitchen cabinetry...the flooring isn't real wood its glued on flooring that looks like wood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery