Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 01:02 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh1551 View Post
I was told disability went before CB but in this case they did CB first. CB to my knowledge is done, all of the units are filled. I am waiting for City employee/General population.
Disability ranks ahead of CB that is true. Often, there are very few disability preference units.

Speculation: It seems possible if a lottery has got the disability preference list identified and under process they might move on to CB, half the units, before actually getting a signed lease for the very few disability preference units.

Hypothetically, if no qualified applicants for the disability preference unit allotment agree to take that allotment I suppose they would have new lottery just for that allotment, or re-rental perhaps. In such a situation, I would hope the lottery would not delay processing CB preference applications particularly if all units were same size and AMI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 01:20 PM

293 posts, read 222,929 times
Yes they told me that a few months ago too via a side email. This latest email seems like a mass email. Such a bummer!!

Old 07-27-2022, 04:01 PM

497 posts, read 457,265 times
Oh wow I’m sorry to hear that for you guys!

Old 08-02-2022, 03:40 PM

18 posts, read 10,370 times
I reached out today for an update, and got a response saying that they're still working through the CB preference...I have no idea what to think at this point. Feels like a game of telephone where you get a different answer depending on who you ask.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:39 PM

53 posts, read 35,325 times
Who did you call? If you go through the forums you will see that Settlement Housing are extremly slow and communication is poor.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:40 PM

293 posts, read 222,929 times
When I log into Housing Connect it now says “no units available”.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:59 PM

497 posts, read 457,265 times
If your housing connect says that i believe they’re about to moving on to General population there’s no way they are still on CB

Old 08-02-2022, 11:08 PM

18 posts, read 10,370 times
Quote:
Who did you call? If you go through the forums you will see that Settlement Housing are extremly slow and communication is poor.
Yeah it was settlement housing.

Also - when I initially reached out June 22nd for an update - in their response, the agent forgot to delete the internal correspondence of her forwarding it to a co-worker asking to advise her on how to respond…and in the response that person said “we’re projecting to contact him next week”, and have yet to be contacted. *shrug*

Old 08-03-2022, 12:23 AM

53 posts, read 35,325 times
HPD told me they have finished doing CB. So if you go through the threads you will know that they reach out to more people than necessary for these lotteries. It’s happened to me a few times submitting docs and then nothing. There are a few apartments left and they will go to General Population. I’m still waiting. Once it says no more units available you have been waitlisted. I have a few like that. We are at their mercy unfortunately.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:46 AM

10 posts, read 6,472 times
Quote:
HPD told me they have finished doing CB. So if you go through the threads you will know that they reach out to more people than necessary for these lotteries. It’s happened to me a few times submitting docs and then nothing. There are a few apartments left and they will go to General Population. I’m still waiting. Once it says no more units available you have been waitlisted. I have a few like that. We are at their mercy unfortunately.
Last week they told me otherwise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery