Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 11:19 AM

504 posts, read 464,715 times

Advertisements

Oh okay yeah this is weird if they haven’t gotten up to your number yet ugh my lease is up in September and I don’t know what to do I’m in process for another building but I really wanted to see if 30 kent would call me back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2022, 10:37 AM

16 posts, read 10,220 times
Default Viewed unit and now no response

Hi all, this is my first post here and I'm really hoping someone can share some advice. I actually found this message board searching for answers to my situation online! I have the Log #2XX with CB preference, and I submitted all my documents, had the interview, and viewed a unit. The guy showing me the unit said people could start moving in on June 15, which was less than 2 weeks from the day I saw the unit. I followed up via email right after to express my excitement, then again to ask for an update. I was told that they couldn't provide a timeline but that it shouldn't be long since I was toward the end of the process. This was on June 13.

Now I am reading here that 80% AMI 1 bedrooms are all gone, and I have received no response to my follow-up emails (July 3 and July 11) just asking for any updates. I got through one time on the phone and was just rudely told to check my email and then hung up on. When I call the number listed on the application now it just rings and rings then says all agents are busy.

I would obviously be extremely disappointed to find out I didn't get it, but any answer feels better than none at this point! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Old 07-18-2022, 10:41 AM

Hi all, this is my first post here and I'm really hoping someone can share some advice. I actually found this message board searching for answers to my situation online! I have the Log #2XX with CB preference, and I submitted all my documents, had the interview, and viewed a unit. The guy showing me the unit said people could start moving in on June 15, which was less than 2 weeks from the day I saw the unit. I followed up via email right after to express my excitement, then again to ask for an update. I was told that they couldn't provide a timeline but that it shouldn't be long since I was toward the end of the process. This was on June 13.

Now I am reading here that 80% AMI 1 bedrooms are all gone, and I have received no response to my follow-up emails (July 3 and July 11) just asking for any updates. I got through one time on the phone and was just rudely told to check my email and then hung up on. When I call the number listed on the application now it just rings and rings then says all agents are busy.

I would obviously be extremely disappointed to find out I didn't get it, but any answer feels better than none at this point! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Old 07-18-2022, 01:14 PM

293 posts, read 225,681 times
Do you know if your file was sent to HPD yet? What a frustrating experience. Only thing I would recommend is calling them every day lol.

Old 07-18-2022, 02:01 PM

Thanks, it has unfortunately been frustrating. I did finally get through and she let me know that my documents are still under review, though she wouldn't tell me by HPD or otherwise. And she said I would be informed via email either way so allegedly there is still a chance? Guess now I just keep waiting. I appreciate everyone's input!

Old 07-18-2022, 03:18 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,473,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apartmenthopeful View Post
Thanks, it has unfortunately been frustrating. I did finally get through and she let me know that my documents are still under review, though she wouldn't tell me by HPD or otherwise. And she said I would be informed via email either way so allegedly there is still a chance? Guess now I just keep waiting. I appreciate everyone's input!
Check your 'documents' section on housing connect for this building and look at the documents that have been uploaded. If you only see the documents YOU submitted to them, the agency is still reviewing your file and they are your point of contact for any updates. If you see an additional documents uploaded BY the agency, these will be your TIC forms that the agency will have filled out, this means they have submitted your file to HPD for final approval. If you see the TIC documents, you will see the date they were uploaded, indicating when the file was sent to HPD, and you can decide to follow up directly with HPD regarding your file.

Keep following up. There is definitely still a chance, probably a good one given your low log. The agencies are just largely incompetent which is incredibly frustrating and stressful.

Old 07-18-2022, 06:25 PM

This is so helpful, thank you!

Old 07-19-2022, 07:25 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,411,764 times
Leasing launched this week
https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/07/lea...-brooklyn.html

Old 07-19-2022, 01:29 PM

I heard there wasn’t no 1 bed rooms left 80% AMI for Community preference

Old 07-22-2022, 03:56 AM

Anymore updates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery