Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 07:30 PM

2,044 posts, read 1,659,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
Hello, I went over there a few hours ago everything is complete there’s a virtual intercom placed and there’s chairs in the lobby I don’t know what’s taking so long but I hope they call the next batch of people soon
Stay with it. I think you have shot. I hope you get an offer tomorrow on an excellent unit, but don’t give up if you don’t.

You might have to wait for other applicants to not respond or to view units and refuse them.

A common reason applicants refuse a unit is its too small when they see it, but it takes time for applicants to arrange to visit with the building and see a unit. If it’s an attractive location on paper applicants are less likely to refuse a unit without visiting it. On paper there are many good features here, views, near the waterfront, ferry, subway, and buses; new development in the area.

It’s very hard to measure how many log#s lower than yours are no longer valid, or were never valid for the category of unit you qualify for. Some might have given up a long time ago for many different reasons. Some applicants might have already got a unit someplace else or they have CD preference at this building already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 12:06 AM

124 posts, read 113,083 times
I think we will start to see some movements by July. Sometimes, these lotteries take about three or four months to get rolling after they generate the log numbers. Of course, I am hoping it will be a lot sooner! :-)

Old 05-17-2022, 01:00 AM

504 posts, read 462,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPecan View Post
I think we will start to see some movements by July. Sometimes, these lotteries take about three or four months to get rolling after they generate the log numbers. Of course, I am hoping it will be a lot sooner! :-)
I hope they start to call the next batch out within the next two weeks there’s not of building anymore in the 80 AMI on housing connection im not really trying to put my eggs in one basket but I wish it was a few more options

Old 05-17-2022, 12:06 PM

293 posts, read 224,918 times
I realized with my AMI I’m only eligible for 3 apartments. I was contacted to upload documents on 3/16 but haven’t heard back. Log 6## with CB pref. Do I have a real shot? UGH trying to stay positive.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:16 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,464,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
I realized with my AMI I’m only eligible for 3 apartments. I was contacted to upload documents on 3/16 but haven’t heard back. Log 6## with CB pref. Do I have a real shot? UGH trying to stay positive.
Yes you do! If they are reaching out to you, that means at the time they contacted you, they had units available that you appear to qualify for. You are not guaranteed to get offered a unit as they often reach out to more applicants than they have units, but the units weren't filled yet, so you definitely have a shot! The agents just move super slowly sometimes. Good luck!

Old 05-17-2022, 01:49 PM

Thank you for responding!! That’s a great way to look at it. I couldn’t believe how few apartments there were but a bunch of 2 bedrooms lol.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
Thank you for responding!! That’s a great way to look at it. I couldn’t believe how few apartments there were but a bunch of 2 bedrooms lol.
Hey are you going for a 1 bed room 80% or two 80%

Old 05-17-2022, 02:21 PM

I would take a studio or 1 bedroom. 80% AMI for one person. Did I read that right? Sometimes I get confused with these charts.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:12 PM

124 posts, read 113,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
I hope they start to call the next batch out within the next two weeks there’s not of building anymore in the 80 AMI on housing connection im not really trying to put my eggs in one basket but I wish it was a few more options
There are more lotteries dropping soon with 80 AMI, Eagle+West being a big one! I walked by the construction yesterday (Eagle + west) here in Greenpoint! It is a beautiful building. I also walked by 30 kent street as well and it is not occupied at all. All I can see from the pier is staged apartments but I didn't see anyone actually moved in yet.

I don't think that they are finished. I may call HPD tomorrow to see if they can provide an update on the building status.

Old 05-19-2022, 02:15 AM

I forgot about that building is coming up, trying my luck with 30 Kent tho I love the building just my type of cozy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery