Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 10:54 AM

8 posts, read 7,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginning_maybe View Post
RIGHT?! Thank you for the validation. I am trying to stay patient and in a posture of gratitude but this is getting really challenging.
I'm still seeing market rate apartments go up on the website so the delays seem to only be affecting lottery units... Did some digging on the forums this week and it looks like HPD approval is only valid for 3 months..lets hope these delays don't extend! Did they mention when they would get back to you if you are moving March 1st?

Last edited by CVG17; 02-22-2024 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2024, 08:23 PM

16 posts, read 18,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVG17 View Post
I'm still seeing market rate apartments go up on the website so the delays seem to only be affecting lottery units... Did some digging on the forums this week and it looks like HPD approval is only valid for 3 months..lets hope these delays don't extend! Did they mention when they would get back to you if you are moving March 1st?
I thought surely I would hear today given we're one week out but nothing -- I reached out midday to see if I could catch them before the weekend but no luck.

The last communication I received was 2/16 and said they had no update and they would "let me know when they had more information" but did not commit to any sort of communication timeline.

Old 02-26-2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I thought surely I would hear today given we're one week out but nothing -- I reached out midday to see if I could catch them before the weekend but no luck.

The last communication I received was 2/16 and said they had no update and they would "let me know when they had more information" but did not commit to any sort of communication timeline.
I'm laughing that its now 4 days out and you have no clue if you are moving I'm going to guess its been delayed by another month.

Old 02-26-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I'm laughing that its now 4 days out and you have no clue if you are moving I'm going to guess its been delayed by another month.
Laughing is truly the only thing we can do at this point!

I did get a reply this morning saying they were "pressing management for an update" and hope to get back to me today or tomorrow. They also confirmed that the HPD approval was only valid for 90 days -- so if we do get push another month I'm passed that window...and my laughter will quickly turn to tears.

I'll loop back with more as soon as I get an update.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:48 PM

Shame about the 90 days... was hoping that was just forum gossip. Did they ever get back to you?

Old 02-27-2024, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Shame about the 90 days... was hoping that was just forum gossip. Did they ever get back to you?
They did not...

Old 02-27-2024, 09:07 PM

Quote:
They did not...
wow i'm sorry to hear that

Old 02-29-2024, 12:04 AM

Quote:
wow i'm sorry to hear that
I truly appreciate the support. It's really hard to explain this to anyone unfamiliar with the process.

I found out today that the unit will not be ready for occupancy until next month. I have no idea what that actually means, but I am urgently trying to plan for temporary housing for March now, along with some other major work implications.

They said they was going to try to find out more about the delay, but I'm not super optimistic at this point. I haven't asked about what the process for HPD is now that it looks like my status will expire, but I did lose a source of income having to move for temporary accommodations while I wait this out and am not confident I will qualify when I reapply.

Godspeed everyone!

Last edited by beginning_maybe; 02-29-2024 at 01:02 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 07:30 AM

70 posts, read 142,108 times
Quote:
I truly appreciate the support. It's really hard to explain this to anyone unfamiliar with the process.

I found out today that the unit will not be ready for occupancy until next month. I have no idea what that actually means, but I am urgently trying to plan for temporary housing for March now, along with some other major work implications.

They said they was going to try to find out more about the delay, but I'm not super optimistic at this point. I haven't asked about what the process for HPD is now that it looks like my status will expire, but I did lose a source of income having to move for temporary accommodations while I wait this out and am not confident I will qualify when I reapply.

Godspeed everyone!
I'm sorry to hear of your challenges. The more I read abt what you are going through, the more I feel that perhaps BT may not be worth waiting for. My lease is up May 31 and I can't fathom waiting months after that for the 1Br to become available based on your experience. Perhaps their focus is on the market priced units and the condos. I also find it suspect to push the studios first, before the 1Br in hopes that eligible applicants take the studios first.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:32 PM

It's such a hard position to have to walk away from an opportunity like this - but the uncertainty and lack of clarity definitely takes a toll.

I did finally speak to someone on the phone about what is going on and learned the construction on my unit is complete, and has been complete for a while. They are waiting on the city to permit the unit for occupancy. They said "it's just paperwork" at this point, but the new estimated move in they shared is May or June.

I don't have much more information beyond that but wanted to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery