Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 05:43 PM

17 posts, read 19,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndweller View Post
Good to know! If you have any intel about the status of the 1 bedrooms that you can pass along that would be awesome. I am on the 1br waitlist and curious if they have started filling any more 1 bedrooms. Congrats on moving in and looking forward to hopefully being your neighbor!
So as far as I can tell, some floors are done and some are not at all. I shared an elevator with a maintenance person and he got off at 12. 12 still had cement floors, no tile down. I can’t be sure but I think I’m the only person currently living on my floor (in the 20s). I’ll try to take a peek into the ones being worked on and see if any are 1br. So far they’ve only been studios.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 06:56 PM

21 posts, read 11,425 times
I was log #4xx. I was contacted on July 6th and scheduled for my apartment tour on July 9th. My application was submitted to HPD on July 17th and was approved on July 20th. Signed my lease 4 days later and moved in on 8/26. 1 bedroom. Always heard nightmare stories about the lottery, but this was honestly the smoothest process ever.

I'm extremely happy with the building. The doormen are super nice and the few neighbors that I have met seem really cool. Looking forward to the amenities, which they say should begin opening around October; some not all. Wasn't thrilled to learn that the pool will only be available to those with a Lifetime membership, but from what I hear, building residents will receive a huge discount on the membership. Amenities will start at $50/month for the first year, but will increase each year.

My best advice if you are selected... sign a two year lease! Although the apartments are rent stabilized, at least you'll be locked in to your rate for two years, versus the possibility of having a rent hike every year if NYC approves another increase. For those who haven't been contacted yet, just hang in there! As long as you qualify, there's hope. And just be super prepared ahead of time with docs! Best of luck to all.

Old 09-18-2023, 08:30 PM

585 posts, read 584,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbxbry8920 View Post
I was log #4xx. I was contacted on July 6th and scheduled for my apartment tour on July 9th. My application was submitted to HPD on July 17th and was approved on July 20th. Signed my lease 4 days later and moved in on 8/26. 1 bedroom. Always heard nightmare stories about the lottery, but this was honestly the smoothest process ever.

I'm extremely happy with the building. The doormen are super nice and the few neighbors that I have met seem really cool. Looking forward to the amenities, which they say should begin opening around October; some not all. Wasn't thrilled to learn that the pool will only be available to those with a Lifetime membership, but from what I hear, building residents will receive a huge discount on the membership. Amenities will start at $50/month for the first year, but will increase each year.

My best advice if you are selected... sign a two year lease! Although the apartments are rent stabilized, at least you'll be locked in to your rate for two years, versus the possibility of having a rent hike every year if NYC approves another increase. For those who haven't been contacted yet, just hang in there! As long as you qualify, there's hope. And just be super prepared ahead of time with docs! Best of luck to all.
Do u have a video of the apartment to show?

Old 09-18-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Do u have a video of the apartment to show?
https://imgur.com/a/FUDD2uh

Here you go! I took that video two days before I moved in. The site only allowed me to upload 60 seconds, so I had to crop it a bit towards the beginning.

Old 09-19-2023, 06:34 AM

93 posts, read 88,804 times
Quote:

That was fast. Wishing you much happiness in your new home!

Old 09-19-2023, 08:45 AM

585 posts, read 584,279 times
Quote:

Here you go! I took that video two days before I moved in. The site only allowed me to upload 60 seconds, so I had to crop it a bit towards the beginning.
Thanks ...is the apartment small? And it looks hard to furnish because of the weird angles...I love the bathroom and kitchen but how would u decorate the living room because the kitchen seems real close to the living room area

Old 09-19-2023, 01:41 PM

69 posts, read 139,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan97 View Post
has anyone been requested lately? I am log #21xx and wondering if I still have a chance
I'm Log 14XX and contacted the office via email to get a status update. They were prompt and responded as follows:

"Unfortunately, due to construction delays and a shortage of available units, we've had to slow down application processing. We should reach your application in the next 4-6 weeks, but no guarantees on that end."

I can only hope and cross my fingers that a month from now, they have 1Br units finished and that I qualify.

Old 09-19-2023, 02:22 PM

8 posts, read 7,348 times
Quote:

what a gorgeous apartment. You're so very lucky and i can see so many different ways you can decorate. Congratulations!!

Old 09-19-2023, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Thanks ...is the apartment small? And it looks hard to furnish because of the weird angles...I love the bathroom and kitchen but how would u decorate the living room because the kitchen seems real close to the living room area
It's actually a pretty decent size. I don't think the video gives it justice and I apologize for all the movement in it. But I have it furnished beautifully now.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanchanel View Post
what a gorgeous apartment. You're so very lucky and i can see so many different ways you can decorate. Congratulations!!
Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery