Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2023, 11:42 AM

69 posts, read 139,456 times

Advertisements

Your video was very helpful. Weren't their in-unit washer and dryers as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsi View Post
And thank you guys, this thread is very supportive. I still can’t believe any of this but it’s getting more real and I’m very lucky and relieved.
Your video was very helpful. Weren't there in-unit washer and dryer?

Old 08-11-2023, 04:13 PM

24 posts, read 19,028 times
I emailed the tower lottery and spoke with someone on the leasing team. Currently they are at log 7XX, I asked about being at 5XXX and they said they think all the units will be gone by the end of September.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:52 PM

17 posts, read 19,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzette View Post
Your video was very helpful. Weren't there in-unit washer and dryer?
Yes, it's near the door. I just didn't open the closet to it while taking the video. Both appliances were Bosch and looked good quality.

Brooklyn Tower submitted me to HPD on Friday and told me to expect 5-10 business days for approval. I also got a survey to choose lease start date, they give you 6 weeks. I'll probably do early to mid September.

For reference, this has been my timeline

July 27: Request for Documents
August 2: Submitted Documents. My documents were extremely thorough and included explanations of things usually requested in bank clarification requests. My job requires being super detail oriented, so this is just how my brain works.
August 4: Documents accepted. Email link to schedule tour. Dates available were August 5 and 11th.
August 5: Toured apartment
August 7: Emailed them that I wanted to accept, some back and forth ensued about floor preference.
August 10: Sent income verification documents to sign, sent them back same day.
August 11: Submitted to HPD.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:23 PM

603 posts, read 599,306 times
Quote:
Yes, it's near the door. I just didn't open the closet to it while taking the video. Both appliances were Bosch and looked good quality.

Brooklyn Tower submitted me to HPD on Friday and told me to expect 5-10 business days for approval. I also got a survey to choose lease start date, they give you 6 weeks. I'll probably do early to mid September.

August 2: Submitted Documents. My documents were extremely thorough and included explanations of things usually requested in bank clarification requests. My job requires being super detail oriented, so this is just how my brain works.
August 4: Documents accepted. Email link to schedule tour. Dates available were August 5 and 11th.
August 7: Emailed them that I wanted to accept, some back and forth ensued about floor preference.
Super fast process. Congrats again!

Old 08-12-2023, 11:07 PM

585 posts, read 584,279 times
Quote:
Video. I removed the sound for anonymity.
Hope that’s helpful!

Yea I hate the lay out and idk how the living room is gonna work because the kitchen is inside the living room...the bedrooms look tiny and weird shape so idk wat type of furniture is gonna fit...tha kitchen appliances look nice and the bathroom is nice also

Old 08-13-2023, 07:29 PM

17 posts, read 19,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Yea I hate the lay out and idk how the living room is gonna work because the kitchen is inside the living room...the bedrooms look tiny and weird shape so idk wat type of furniture is gonna fit...tha kitchen appliances look nice and the bathroom is nice also
I don't disagree, but I'll make it work. The primary one isn't so bad, and the other one - well, my 5 year old doesn't really get an opinion, lol. It's important for me to stay in NW Brooklyn, and I can't really see finding a 2BR with nice fixtures for this price anywhere north of Marine Park. I'm from Bensonhurst and I've had enough of south brooklyn for a good while.

Old 08-13-2023, 09:03 PM

531 posts, read 412,173 times
Quote:
I don't disagree, but I'll make it work. The primary one isn't so bad, and the other one - well, my 5 year old doesn't really get an opinion, lol. It's important for me to stay in NW Brooklyn, and I can't really see finding a 2BR with nice fixtures for this price anywhere north of Marine Park. I'm from Bensonhurst and I've had enough of south brooklyn for a good while.
Don’t listen to peoples negative bs. Some people that’s all they can spew out I don’t know why but don’t care to find out.

This is an awesome home for you and may you make the best of it and hopefully it gives you all the growth, peace and comfort that comes with a new space.

The amenities and the fit and finish are beautiful albeit the layout and size.

I am happy where I am but would switch with you any day.

You’ve gotten a once in a lifetime opportunity to be cozy comfortable and have a clean new home. People dream of such and you’ve achieved it

God speed and good luck

Old 08-14-2023, 02:33 AM

585 posts, read 584,279 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to be negative I was giving my honest opinion ...at the end of the day that's ur choice...and congrats to u

Old 08-14-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:

Thank you.

It looks like generally the process for approval takes 3 - 4 weeks if your paperwork is in order. I do like the fact that you are given 6 weeks to select a move-in date which allows a 30 days notice for previous landlords. It is also nice to have the floor preference option.

I'm really hoping they get to my log number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery