Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2023, 10:57 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times

Advertisements

I wasn't shown the building amenities, only their apartments in mid floor. They showed me one studio, two 1BR units, & one 2BR unit. I was not a fan of their studio & 2BR units. The second bedroom in the 2BR unit was very tiny, perhaps only fit a twin bed or a full bed but you can't put anything else. The studio unit was just a typical non-alcove studio.

I liked the layouts of two 1BR units that they showed me, they were not spacious but okay & much better than the 2BR (& studio obviously).

I didn't take any pictures or videos but here are layouts that I saw:

Studio: https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/14k

1BR:

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/24l

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/21k

2BR: https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/31i

The agent said the lottery units will be spread throughout 11th to 31st floors. In terms of amenities, both MR & affordable units tenants will not have any access to their SkyLounge in the rooftop (85th floor) because that will be only for the condo owners.

When I asked about the gym, pool, etc. the agent said she is not sure whether there will be other than the ones that will be managed by LifeTime. The agent seemed to have no clue yet about overall amenities as it's still under development.

Overall I liked the bathrooms & the closets, all units have semi WIC &/or WIC. Their appliances were great too though I don't like the color (it's too dark, I like light colors like what my building has) & they are the same with the MR units.

I wasn't impressed with the lobby, it's too small & too simple for the building that wanted to be seen 'luxurious'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
What do you think of the Building and Apartment?

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 06-24-2023 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2023, 11:33 AM

396 posts, read 373,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I wasn't shown the building amenities, only their apartments in mid floor. They showed me one studio, two 1BR units, & one 2BR unit. I was not a fan of their studio & 2BR units. The second bedroom in the 2BR unit was very tiny, perhaps only fit a twin bed or a full bed but you can't put anything else. The studio unit was just a typical non-alcove studio.

I liked the layouts of two 1BR units that they showed me, they were not spacious but okay & much better than the 2BR (& studio obviously).

I didn't take any pictures or videos but here are layouts that I saw:

Studio: https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/14k

1BR:

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/24l

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/21k

2BR: https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...er-rentals/31i

The agent said the lottery units will be spread throughout 11th to 31st floors. In terms of amenities, both MR & affordable units tenants will not have any access to their SkyLounge in the rooftop (85th floor) because that will be only for the condo owners.

When I asked about the gym, pool, etc. the agent said she is not sure whether there will be other than the ones that will be managed by LifeTime. The agent seemed to have no clue yet about overall amenities as it's still under development.

Overall I liked the bathrooms & the closets, all units have semi WIC &/or WIC. Their appliances were great too though I don't like the color (it's too dark, I like light colors like what my building has) & they are the same with the MR units.

I wasn't impressed with the lobby, it's too small & too simple for the building that wanted to be seen 'luxurious'.
Wow. It’s absolutely beautiful. Some of the bedrooms are even bigger than some living room in other lottery buildings.

Old 06-24-2023, 06:25 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
Wow the studio is TINY! 12'5" X 13'1" for what has to be your living room, bedroom, and dining area??

Old 06-25-2023, 09:55 AM

The WIC in this studio though, someone can sleep in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Wow the studio is TINY! 12'5" X 13'1" for what has to be your living room, bedroom, and dining area??

Old 06-25-2023, 12:22 PM

585 posts, read 584,789 times
Quote:
Which bathroom u like better brooklyn tower or brooklyn crossing?

Old 06-25-2023, 02:18 PM

7 posts, read 8,804 times
Anyone have gotten a request for documents?

Old 06-25-2023, 05:54 PM

I like BT bathroom, it's just so luxurious! Also, I like freestanding shower bathroom instead of bathub so it's perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Which bathroom u like better brooklyn tower or brooklyn crossing?

Old 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM

18 posts, read 57,837 times
Wasted my Karma with an XX drawing but cant justify giving up my place at OBP. This one looks legit and don’t mind the naysayers, who cares about quality of the cabinets or poor doors when a place is otherwise awesome! The key find is a lux building that is mixed MR and lottery. They’ll always keep up the lux to be able to market the building for $5k+ MR. Good luck to all! Rent stabilized is a superpower!

Old 06-25-2023, 09:48 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
I guess. That's even on the smaller side even for a living room though. I guess space and layout are important to me, if you value location more, it could work for someone.

Old 06-26-2023, 06:54 AM

How's life in One Boerum Place? Do you still enjoy the building has to offer? Are the amenities still free of charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyny87 View Post
Wasted my Karma with an XX drawing but cant justify giving up my place at OBP. This one looks legit and don’t mind the naysayers, who cares about quality of the cabinets or poor doors when a place is otherwise awesome! The key find is a lux building that is mixed MR and lottery. They’ll always keep up the lux to be able to market the building for $5k+ MR. Good luck to all! Rent stabilized is a superpower!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery