Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2023, 01:26 PM

603 posts, read 599,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
Hope this works, never posted pictures as a URL.

https://imgur.com/a/JxzAK0A

That is the one bedroom, the two bedroom we did not even bother
The kitchen and bathroom have nice finishes! Thanks for the pics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 03:15 PM

62 posts, read 44,841 times
If all the 1 bedrooms are already taken, what does it mean that you're on the waitlist for next available batch in the fall?

Old 07-24-2023, 09:56 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembe25 View Post
If all the 1 bedrooms are already taken, what does it mean that you're on the waitlist for next available batch in the fall?
I have no inside knowledge but I bet it means that all *available* (read: finished) 1brs are taken. I don't think there is any way a lotto this large and expensive has already filled all the 1br units. They're probably processing folks in groups as floors/apartments are completed.

This is speculation but Brooklyn Crossing was not finished on the upper floors when they started moving people in. Since last year, they have moved lotto folks into floors that were not completed when I moved in meaning later folks got offered higher floors. For this building, higher floor apts are smaller so I prefer what I got but for those who prefer views over space got their wish. Even when I moved in, they were literally putting the shower heads and toilet seats on just as people were signing leases.

Old 07-25-2023, 06:24 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,882,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
Hope this works, never posted pictures as a URL.

https://imgur.com/a/JxzAK0A

That is the one bedroom, the two bedroom we did not even bother
i like the kitchen and bathroom too

Old 07-25-2023, 08:01 AM

13 posts, read 12,433 times
yes but the layout of the rooms and size of the living room is very bad you can't fit anything

Old 07-25-2023, 09:51 AM

115 posts, read 68,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembe25 View Post
Exactly what the other person said. There is only 30 units occupied right now, and the agent said in total there will be 500 units (in total not just lottery). The building is still under construction, no amenities have been built yet which makes it a better option for me to move later on than now that the price is not worth it.

Old 07-25-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testny2023 View Post
yes but the layout of the rooms and size of the living room is very bad you can't fit anything
This! The BR looks tiny and the LR is an ok size (still kinda small) but the awkward layout/angles makes it feel even smaller because your furniture won't fit well. Hard pass from me.

Old 07-25-2023, 10:44 AM

585 posts, read 584,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
This! The BR looks tiny and the LR is an ok size (still kinda small) but the awkward layout/angles makes it feel even smaller because your furniture won't fit well. Hard pass from me.
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be other lottery apartments with better layouts and angles maybe they haven't shown them yet

Old 07-25-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be other lottery apartments with better layouts and angles maybe they haven't shown them yet
We'll see but several people that have toured have commented on the odd layouts. Even looking at the MR units, the building is not square/rectangle so the apartments aren't either. There are many aspects of this building I don't like but size/layout is the biggest reason I wouldn't be willing to pay more to move here. Others have different priorities and may feel differently.

Old 08-01-2023, 11:46 AM

6 posts, read 6,414 times
If you have a car where to park in this location? I m sure itceill be 400$ parking in addition to thd expensive rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery