Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2023, 08:15 PM

17 posts, read 19,385 times

Advertisements

My log number is 5xx - got asked for documents on 7/28, submitted today. I'm a single mom, so really hoping for one of the 2BRs, even if they are small. Closets don't look great, but this would be almost 1k less than I'm paying now and I wouldn't have to move for the foreseeable future. Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2023, 10:18 AM

62 posts, read 44,862 times
What do we think the chances are of them reaching logs 10K and up. Log 11xxx :/

Old 08-03-2023, 02:25 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembe25 View Post
Not terrible. The building is desirable but the units are expensive and 130% folks decline units a higher rates so you may well be called but it will take a while in any case.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:19 AM

115 posts, read 68,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembe25 View Post
I disagree with the above. I think the chances to getting to numbers that high are terrible. I was log# 3XX and already got waitlisted because they dont have units right now, more coming in the fall though

Old 08-04-2023, 10:41 AM

200 posts, read 208,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
I disagree with the above. I think the chances to getting to numbers that high are terrible. I was log# 3XX and already got waitlisted because they dont have units right now, more coming in the fall though
You got waitlisted because they literally have no apartments available yet not because you have a high log number. I think people looking for studios and 1BR apartments have a good shot up till 5 figure logs. As someone else said, it just might not be soon plus amenities won't be fully open until 2024.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
You got waitlisted because they literally have no apartments available yet not because you have a high log number. I think people looking for studios and 1BR apartments have a good shot up till 5 figure logs. As someone else said, it just might not be soon plus amenities won't be fully open until 2024.
Exactly. The building is not even totally finished. Being waitlisted is not the same as being rejected due to "no units available".

Old 08-04-2023, 11:29 AM

112 posts, read 97,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Exactly. The building is not even totally finished. Being waitlisted is not the same as being rejected due to "no units available".
I think what they were trying to imply was that, a lot of people aren’t rejecting the units the way other 130 AMI units in other building often get rejected. With the few units that were ready, people below 3xx are already accepting them. It’s a desirable building in a decent location so a lot more 130 AMI applicants are probably interested than normal.

Old 08-04-2023, 11:43 AM

200 posts, read 208,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
While this building is super expensive, I have to give props to their affordable leasing team for communication! If you signed up for emails, you should’ve received the below communication:

Your log number is 15XXX

This week, we're beginning to reach out to the first 100 applicants in the LOG. Following that, we will be reaching out to approximately 200 applicants every two weeks until all 120 available apartments are filled. The amount of applicants we reach out weekly will increase after the first month. If your LOG number is from 100-300 you can expect to hear from us approximately within the next two weeks from now. For Log Numbers above 300, please refer to the following table:

LOG 300-500 - Approximately July 19th
LOG 500-700 - Approximately August 2nd
LOG 700-1000 - Approximately August 16th
LOG 1000-1300 - Approximately August 30th
LOG 1300-1600 - Approximately September 13th
LOG 1600-1900 - Approximately September 27nd
LOG 1900 and above - October 2023 onward

This email is not confirmation that you meet the eligibility requirements. You will be notified of your status on or around the date provided above.
Someone posted this before which gives a good idea of when people might hear. I think they're probably running behind even on this schedule. Patience is gonna be key with this one.

Old 08-04-2023, 11:56 AM

115 posts, read 68,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
I think what they were trying to imply was that, a lot of people aren’t rejecting the units the way other 130 AMI units in other building often get rejected. With the few units that were ready, people below 3xx are already accepting them. It’s a desirable building in a decent location so a lot more 130 AMI applicants are probably interested than normal.
This is exactly what I meant... thank you, this was a very good way to put it.

Old 08-04-2023, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
Quote:
This is exactly what I meant... thank you, this was a very good way to put it.
I don't think there's any evidence of that right now. Again, being waitlisted at this point is most likely due to units not being done, rather than units actually being filled. We don't know how many units were available in the first wave so there is no way to know if the acceptance rate was higher than usual. Absolutely this is a desirable building, but the units are pretty expensive, even for 130% folks, and many of the apartments have awkward layouts with slanted walls etc. Plenty of people will be declining.

I don't think someone with 11k log has a good shot but like I said, I don't think their odds are terrible, and in any case it will be a long wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery