Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2023, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,614 times

Advertisements

What do we think the chances are for a log #1,3xx. I found this place and read through a bit, looks like I might have a chance, but also people in the log #3xx are getting waitlisted?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2023, 09:02 AM

17 posts, read 19,439 times
I don't know, it depends on what kind of apartment and how quickly construction happens. I looked at a studio while I was there and I think the studios might be easier to get and there are more of them.

On my end, I was approved by HPD and got sent a lease today. If any of you all on the thread end up making it in here, PM me

Old 08-17-2023, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 2,759 times
Hey my info was just sent to HPD for approval, how long did it take for you to get approval from HPD once it was sent to them? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2023, 04:23 PM

2 days! I was surprised. And congrats!!

Old 08-17-2023, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,614 times
What log numbers were yall?

Old 08-18-2023, 06:51 AM

70 posts, read 140,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjuan25 View Post
Hey my info was just sent to HPD for approval, how long did it take for you to get approval from HPD once it was sent to them? Thanks in advance.
Congrats. What was your log # and what unit did you apply for?

Old 08-20-2023, 10:08 AM

72 posts, read 50,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsi View Post
Yes, it's near the door. I just didn't open the closet to it while taking the video. Both appliances were Bosch and looked good quality.

Brooklyn Tower submitted me to HPD on Friday and told me to expect 5-10 business days for approval. I also got a survey to choose lease start date, they give you 6 weeks. I'll probably do early to mid September.

For reference, this has been my timeline

July 27: Request for Documents
August 2: Submitted Documents. My documents were extremely thorough and included explanations of things usually requested in bank clarification requests. My job requires being super detail oriented, so this is just how my brain works.
August 4: Documents accepted. Email link to schedule tour. Dates available were August 5 and 11th.
August 5: Toured apartment
August 7: Emailed them that I wanted to accept, some back and forth ensued about floor preference.
August 10: Sent income verification documents to sign, sent them back same day.
August 11: Submitted to HPD.
Can I ask what you did for the bank clarification requests? Did you just annotate the statements for each account debit, or how did you identify and explain line items?

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortgreente View Post
Can I ask what you did for the bank clarification requests? Did you just annotate the statements for each account debit, or how did you identify and explain line items?

Thanks!
Of course. So I pay an elderly relative's bills (they were constantly forgetting on their own) and they send me a lump sum payment covering all of it every month. If you don't know what it is, it looks like income. So I put a sheet in front saying, this isn't income. And then I wrote for each month, like June 1, I paid $X for their rent and June 3 I paid $Y for their car, which adds up to $Z, and then June 15 they sent me $Z. And I printed out the cancelled checks for those transactions. And I added that all to the same PDF with my account statements so it was all together. So there was one page explaining all 6 months with the dates and then a bunch of pages after that with the cancelled checks.

I figured they'd ask for this anyway, so I did it preemptively, and it definitely worked. I didn't get any requests for more docs or clarification.

Old 08-21-2023, 06:10 AM

72 posts, read 50,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsi View Post
Of course. So I pay an elderly relative's bills (they were constantly forgetting on their own) and they send me a lump sum payment covering all of it every month. If you don't know what it is, it looks like income. So I put a sheet in front saying, this isn't income. And then I wrote for each month, like June 1, I paid $X for their rent and June 3 I paid $Y for their car, which adds up to $Z, and then June 15 they sent me $Z. And I printed out the cancelled checks for those transactions. And I added that all to the same PDF with my account statements so it was all together. So there was one page explaining all 6 months with the dates and then a bunch of pages after that with the cancelled checks.

I figured they'd ask for this anyway, so I did it preemptively, and it definitely worked. I didn't get any requests for more docs or clarification.
Huge help, thanks! Glad I ta working out for you with your new place!

Old 08-25-2023, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
Someone posted this before which gives a good idea of when people might hear. I think they're probably running behind even on this schedule. Patience is gonna be key with this one.
I believe they're behind schedule, but not by much? Just speculating here, of course. Log number 8xx, application switched to "pending." Not sure if that means anything at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery