Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 11:16 PM

6 posts, read 6,291 times

Advertisements

Some apartments do and some don’t it’s true. Although the floor to ceiling windows I’ve seen can be awkwardly placed where a couch would need to go, negating the effect.

The two bedroom I’m in is the lottery 2 bedroom layout. I haven’t seen a layout for a 2 bedroom that is similar and market rate. Some of the market rate one bedrooms are the same as lottery.

The finishings/materials etc are the same between lottery and market rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 11:42 AM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Logs are out 7XXX

Old 11-28-2022, 12:21 PM

40 posts, read 36,070 times
6,xxx

Old 11-28-2022, 01:11 PM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpabloz View Post
I got a call from someone here today asking what unit I was looking into and if I’d be able to move in at the target date. Does that mean anything? They said they’d email me.
I got that call back in August too. They said they would email me once the lottery is open and they did. Just saw my log is 7xx guess that call didn’t mean anything

Old 11-28-2022, 02:54 PM

28 posts, read 30,065 times
Look at god! 9xx

I'm a Brooklyn girl at heart, but it looks like this will get me out of Bk

Old 11-29-2022, 06:49 AM

71 posts, read 64,850 times
Log 3X, which is unexpected after so many super high numbers.

This building looks amazing, but I just don't know if I can do that commute to Manhattan 4x/week. Also, if anyone is already living there how are support businesses in the area like grocery stores, etc?

I'm also hopeful I can get into the second-round of leasing at 5Pointz.

Old 11-29-2022, 08:48 AM

800 posts, read 729,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post

This building looks amazing, but I just don't know if I can do that commute to Manhattan 4x/week. Also, if anyone is already living there how are support businesses in the area like grocery stores, etc?

5 pointz is having a phase 2?

My old apartment was a mile away from Astoria West. That part of Astoria is definitely under major construction. Not much around now, but I’m sure in a few years there will be. I wasn’t interested in waiting around though especially as my old apartment wasn’t rent stabilized.

If you have a car, you’ll be fine.

I know there’s a ferry that takes u into the city. Supposed to be really nice. I never took it since I had to drop my dog off at day care first so I was stuck driving to the subway.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:20 PM

71 posts, read 64,850 times
I don't drive and the ferry isn't really a good option for daily commuting. They're more recreational than functional unless it's to NYU from Hunters Point or something similar.

re: 5Pointz. I meant to the re-lease of apartments that are vacated after the initial lease term is up when the original tenant doesn't want to renew. They'll go back to the lottery logs to re-least those units.

Old 11-29-2022, 06:24 PM

800 posts, read 729,668 times
Quote:
I don't drive and the ferry isn't really a good option for daily commuting. They're more recreational than functional unless it's to NYU from Hunters Point or something similar.

re: 5Pointz. I meant to the re-lease of apartments that are vacated after the initial lease term is up when the original tenant doesn't want to renew. They'll go back to the lottery logs to re-least those units.
Ohh got it. Yeah I’ve never taken the ferry so can’t add much input. I would not recommend the area if you don’t drive. I drive and still felt it was far-ish from certain things

Old 11-30-2022, 01:26 AM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Quote:

5 pointz have alot of structural issues and 5 pointz building ammenties are nice but the apartment itself isn't all that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: