Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2024, 01:50 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Someone with log 8xx in the spreadsheet just got contacted to submit documents on 1/18. Did anyone in log 500-800 get contacted for additional documents or signed the lease yet?
Yeah, I am 7XX and got contacted for additional documents and submitted on Jan 15.

I am not sure how long it will take to hear back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2024, 02:08 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
Yeah, I am 7XX and got contacted for additional documents and submitted on Jan 15.

I am not sure how long it will take to hear back.
I’m log 5xx but didn’t hear back from them since I submitted my documents in mid Dec. I wonder why I got skipped? Does it mean I’m not eligible?

Old 01-19-2024, 02:42 PM

80 posts, read 54,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
I’m log 5xx but didn’t hear back from them since I submitted my documents in mid Dec. I wonder why I got skipped? Does it mean I’m not eligible?
That’s what I’m taking about. There’s no way higher log get assigned before you especially you’re the same AMI. You should definitely reach out to them ask for an update. They can’t just ignore you even you’re not eligible you should get a reason why they denied you. What’s your status on HC?

Old 01-19-2024, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
That’s what I’m taking about. There’s no way higher log get assigned before you especially you’re the same AMI. You should definitely reach out to them ask for an update. They can’t just ignore you even you’re not eligible you should get a reason why they denied you. What’s your status on HC?
It still says under review. I wonder if it’s because I added a house after the snapshot was taken and they found my case it difficult to process

Old 01-19-2024, 05:13 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
Quote:
It still says under review. I wonder if it’s because I added a house after the snapshot was taken and they found my case it difficult to process
Even if it's a complicated case, they are supposed to give you a response, either approval or rejection, right?

If it's rejection, it should come with an explanation also.

I thought they should work on one case and then move on to the next, but it doesn't look like it.

Old 01-19-2024, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Even if it's a complicated case, they are supposed to give you a response, either approval or rejection, right?

I thought they should work on one case and then move on to the next, but it doesn't look like it.
That’s what I’ve been told but seems like housing partnership is not following that rule. My partner said wait till next week if still nothing we can try to speak to someone at the office. Some reviews for this management on Google were very similar to my case. People were skipped and then were told no unit remaining I’m hoping that’s not the case. Hopefully my case worker is just working a bit slower than usual. Btw, I sent you a private message. It will be in your inbox. Thanks

Old 01-19-2024, 05:51 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
That’s what I’ve been told but seems like housing partnership is not following that rule. My partner said wait till next week if still nothing we can try to speak to someone at the office. Some reviews for this management on Google were very similar to my case. People were skipped and then were told no unit remaining I’m hoping that’s not the case. Hopefully my case worker is just working a bit slower than usual. Btw, I sent you a private message. It will be in your inbox. Thanks
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, you've been hanging in there for a while now and deserve a happy ending - wishing you the best next week!

Old 01-19-2024, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, you've been hanging in there for a while now and deserve a happy ending - wishing you the best next week!
Thank you love. I hope you’re enjoying your new home at Ruby and hope to be neighbors

Old 01-19-2024, 06:26 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:

Working one case at a time would be very inefficient. They can’t halt the process for a single complex case. If a complex case is being reviewed with lots of paperwork, lots of household members, lots of W-2s, lots of 1099s, lots of students, that can’t be a reason for not processing the easy households. Household A might be very complex, Household B might be as simple as possible but with a higher log. There is no justification to making Household B wait to be approved as long as that does not push them ahead inline, so long as Household B waits to get a lease both the efficiency and efficacy are maintained.

Here are a few tips to reduce frustration, try to avoid making presumptions, don’t expect the process to resemble any retail consumer experience. The logic of the consumer society and customer service don’t apply in these lotteries. The buildings and the agents have little motivation to work quickly to please you or I, haste can cause errors and problems. They can very likely fill the units if you or I get angry and withdraw.

I am assuming you know already that they ask for paperwork from more households than they have units. This is rational because they don’t know how many declines and disqualification they will get.

Old 01-19-2024, 06:30 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
What is meant where you wrote, “…I added a house after the snapshot…”? I can’t guess what that means but it suggests they would have to completely redo much or all of their evaluation so far which would take additional time.

Good luck and good patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery