Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2023, 07:29 PM

12 posts, read 8,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baykalt View Post
Ruby Prontohousing sent me below 2 weeks ago.

"Please note the following: -There are only studio units at 70 or 80% AMI’s. -There are no one-bedroom units or two-bedroom units available. -There is no waiting list for this project for the one-bedroom unit or two-bedroom unit for this project. -130% AMI has studio units and 1BR units available. "

It's interesting to see that they said this to you, seems they're communicating a lot of inconsistencies. Do you know why they're telling you there are only studios left when it seems there are higher log numbers than yours in ME who got assigned 1 bedrooms in ME category? Perhaps you're in the non-preference category? In late October they offered a choice between a studio now, or a 1 bedroom waitlist in 1-2 months. It seems there are a lot of inconsistencies in the communication and procedures on their end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 08:34 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andib28 View Post
I don’t really understand what you mean? If the person on the spreadsheet is correct there are one bedrooms for the lottery in the north tower, but they must have all been claimed. They offered most people the choice between one bed and studio so I assume most/all chose one bed, leaving the studios remaining. The north side is filling up fast, lots of people are moving in.
For those at lower AMI levels who qualified those one and two bedrooms were a good deal. If offered a choice who wouldn't take either larger apartment over a studio.

Old 11-15-2023, 08:56 PM

41 posts, read 28,725 times
I don't remember filling out any info claiming ME or CB or GP or anything, do they automatically know who falls into the CB and non-CB, ME and non-ME applicants?

Old 11-15-2023, 10:16 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
I don't remember filling out any info claiming ME or CB or GP or anything, do they automatically know who falls into the CB and non-CB, ME and non-ME applicants?
Neither are things you just "claim" somewhere. They know based on your application, your current address (whether it falls within the CB or not) and your current employer (there is also a box to check if you are a city employee). But also, you have to verify both pieces of information once you are called for docs, proving your address and current employer.

I guess in theory someone could lie on their app about either item. But when they are unable to prove the information, they would be found ineligible for the preference.

Old 11-16-2023, 04:23 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
You should learn what CB you live in. Do you know if you live in this CB? The lottery uses the address you entered when you made or updated your account online.

If your application is being evaluated for consideration based on CB residency and you don’t live at the address you gave them online you could lose the preference in line. For example, you listed your address as your brother’s address in because that is where you have mail sent, and it is in the CB. But, in fact you live in Queens which is not in the CB.

If your application is being evaluated on general population only, they might likely overlook that you live in Queens in the hypothetical example above. But, they will likely still scrutinize your application to determine if you live inside NYC.

For an application to prevail, they need to know your present address.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:16 AM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
For those at lower AMI levels who qualified those one and two bedrooms were a good deal. If offered a choice who wouldn't take either larger apartment over a studio.
Exactly. Especially since there wasn't much of a price difference. You may get a few people to consider the studio if there was a $200-300 difference. But I think the difference in price between their studios and 1 bedrooms were like $80-90 lol.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:29 AM

23 posts, read 15,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan21 View Post
It's interesting to see that they said this to you, seems they're communicating a lot of inconsistencies. Do you know why they're telling you there are only studios left when it seems there are higher log numbers than yours in ME who got assigned 1 bedrooms in ME category? Perhaps you're in the non-preference category? In late October they offered a choice between a studio now, or a 1 bedroom waitlist in 1-2 months. It seems there are a lot of inconsistencies in the communication and procedures on their end.

They told me this at 10/30 after giving 1 br to higher logs. I was not city employee when I applied at first and I was living at Hell's kitchen. Now I'm in Brooklyn and I'm city employee. I probably updated my job 2 months ago. And I started to work for the city at the end of August. I don't know what are marketing agents gonna do at this case.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:30 AM

23 posts, read 15,875 times
Quote:
They told me this at 10/30 after giving 1 br to higher logs. I was not city employee when I applied at first and I was living at Hell's kitchen. Now I'm in Brooklyn and I'm city employee. I probably updated my job 2 months ago. And I started to work for the city at the end of August. I don't know what are marketing agents gonna do at this case.
According to their messages, they gave 60+ units already. (70-80 1br and 70-80-130 2br and 70 3br). There are 144 units in total. 72 for CB, 7 ME, 7 Mobility, 2 Vision. And 56 others.

Available are now ( less than 84 units)
70 AMI Studio 19 unit
80 AMI Studio 20 unit
130 AMI Studio 19 unit (almost market price)
130 AMI 1br 26 unit

For 56 non-preferences mostly 130 AMI apartments will stay.

Old 11-16-2023, 09:32 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
According to their messages, they gave 60+ units already. (70-80 1br and 70-80-130 2br and 70 3br). There are 144 units in total. 72 for CB, 7 ME, 7 Mobility, 2 Vision. And 56 others.

Available are now ( less than 84 units)
70 AMI Studio 19 unit
80 AMI Studio 20 unit
130 AMI Studio 19 unit (almost market price)
130 AMI 1br 26 unit

For 56 non-preferences mostly 130 AMI apartments will stay.
The marketing agent told me they are having hard time to fill all studios and 1br at 130ami. She said most people declined if they were offered studio but if those studio and 1br at 130ami remain empty over six months the building can file for relaunching and the price may change or stay the same. Hopefully the price will change!

Old 11-16-2023, 12:44 PM

41 posts, read 28,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
You should learn what CB you live in. Do you know if you live in this CB? The lottery uses the address you entered when you made or updated your account online.

If your application is being evaluated for consideration based on CB residency and you don’t live at the address you gave them online you could lose the preference in line. For example, you listed your address as your brother’s address in because that is where you have mail sent, and it is in the CB. But, in fact you live in Queens which is not in the CB.

If your application is being evaluated on general population only, they might likely overlook that you live in Queens in the hypothetical example above. But, they will likely still scrutinize your application to determine if you live inside NYC.

For an application to prevail, they need to know your present address.
Thanks for the clarification.

I am mostly unsure about the ME status. Does working at a non-for-profit organization as a union employee qualify as Municipal Employee? If not, I am the only person on the spreadsheet that is none of those preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery