Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2024, 12:46 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baykalt View Post
Housings connect just contacted again as general this time. It's "Action Required". Deadline is 1/15
Congrats!
Employers usually have until 1/31 to send the W2s for the year 2023. If the deadline is 1/15, does it mean whatever they request for the "most recent year" would still be the year of 2022?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 02:16 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
Congrats!
Employers usually have until 1/31 to send the W2s for the year 2023. If the deadline is 1/15, does it mean whatever they request for the "most recent year" would still be the year of 2022?
Yes. If you haven't done your 2023 taxes, you submit your 2022 taxes and any w2s/1099s for 2023 you may already have. Since the process usually takes several weeks, you will likely be asked to update with your 2023 taxes once you do them.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:41 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Nothing too. It’s been silence since Dec.

For those who moved in to Ruby. Could you share a little your thoughts. How’s life at Ruby? How’s the surrounding? I don’t see any grocery stores in that area besides target which is on 34th street.
It’s super convenient. There’s Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and lots of convenience stores within a 5-10 minute walk of the Ruby (WF is closest, but around the corner I believe there are smaller mom-and-pop grocers). Duane Reade is on the same block as Ruby and CVS is nearby. It’s next to a college, which means there’s lots of stop-and-go food places and coffee shops.

In terms of surrounding, the best part is walkability- you’re within walking distance to everything. From Ruby to Target I think you can basically get on any train line, and Citibike stations everywhere. It is Manhattan, so with Times Square, Madison Square Garden, and the High Line super close, there will be traffic and the urban “buzz” of the city. When you get to the avenues, you’re in “the city”. Aside from temporary construction on newer parts of the building, and the construction happening across the street at FIT (I think will last until summer?), the Ruby itself is quiet.

Best of luck!!

Last edited by Anon7mouse; 01-10-2024 at 03:51 PM..

Old 01-10-2024, 08:07 PM

17 posts, read 13,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
It’s super convenient. There’s Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and lots of convenience stores within a 5-10 minute walk of the Ruby (WF is closest, but around the corner I believe there are smaller mom-and-pop grocers). Duane Reade is on the same block as Ruby and CVS is nearby. It’s next to a college, which means there’s lots of stop-and-go food places and coffee shops.

In terms of surrounding, the best part is walkability- you’re within walking distance to everything. From Ruby to Target I think you can basically get on any train line, and Citibike stations everywhere. It is Manhattan, so with Times Square, Madison Square Garden, and the High Line super close, there will be traffic and the urban “buzz” of the city. When you get to the avenues, you’re in “the city”. Aside from temporary construction on newer parts of the building, and the construction happening across the street at FIT (I think will last until summer?), the Ruby itself is quiet.

Best of luck!!
Agreed! Everything is so close! Whole Foods is a 5 min walk and there’s a huge locally owned grocery store on 9th and 28th The block itself is super quiet which is really nice, you’re just out of the way of all the craziness.

Also just to note for everyone waiting to hear back - it took over 2 months for them to contact me again after I submitted my documents! I submitted in mid April and heard back end of June.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:42 AM

10 posts, read 7,970 times
Anybody know if there are going to be different options for the studios or have photos of the studios? I wanted a one bedroom but based off previous replies they are out of 1 bedrooms. I’d be happy to get a unit overall but still want to know what the sizes are!

Old 01-11-2024, 08:30 PM

17 posts, read 13,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf_stephon View Post
Anybody know if there are going to be different options for the studios or have photos of the studios? I wanted a one bedroom but based off previous replies they are out of 1 bedrooms. I’d be happy to get a unit overall but still want to know what the sizes are!
From what I know/have seen (I can see into a few studios on the other side of the building) they’re pretty much all the same. The layouts online are definitely a good reference, although, from what I know of the one bedrooms there are slight differences like smaller fridges/stoves from what is shown in photos online!

Old 01-15-2024, 08:12 AM

The deadline for additional documents is 1/15, today, and it's a holiday. Yet the HousingConnect online submission is closed and it says "The deadline to take action expired on 1/15/2024." Did it mean deadline 1/15 like at 0:00AM? I meant to submit today as it says I have until 1/15.

I had question to ask them before I submit my documents but can't get a response over the weekends and holiday. It's also hard to get a notary public.

Given these circumstances, is it too late to still email them or drop the documents?

Old 01-15-2024, 08:35 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
The deadline for additional documents is 1/15, today, and it's a holiday. Yet the HousingConnect online submission is closed and it says "The deadline to take action expired on 1/15/2024." Did it mean deadline 1/15 like at 0:00AM? I meant to submit today as it says I have until 1/15.

I had question to ask them before I submit my documents but can't get a response over the weekends and holiday. It's also hard to get a notary public.

Given these circumstances, is it too late to still email them or drop the documents?
I don’t have answers only suggestions.

Try a different browser and/or platform. Forget about your question for the time being. You can get a notary online. Email what you have now. Mention that you had technical difficulties and that Jan 15 is a holiday. Most post offices are closed for the holiday but you might find an exception if you try an internet search.

Old 01-15-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I don’t have answers only suggestions.

Try a different browser and/or platform. Forget about your question for the time being. You can get a notary online. Email what you have now. Mention that you had technical difficulties and that Jan 15 is a holiday. Most post offices are closed for the holiday but you might find an exception if you try an internet search.
Thank you very much!! Your advises are very helpful.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:47 AM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:

email them all the required documents, you should have an email for them where they have shared updates or sent you something via email.

Even the document that needs a notary to sign off on it, you should go to banks as i imagine many of the branches could be open ( i could be wrong but definitely worth trying it out )

Just make sure you send it from an email you can produce the sent email details with if your application does get rejected so you have grounds to appeal.

While you send all the main required documents in the first email asap. After you have done that you can look into finding a notary in the city and notraize the docs and email them again later before today ends.

Online notaries are also an option if you are able to afford or pay for the convenience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery