Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 05:35 AM

4 posts, read 2,674 times

Advertisements

Anybody know when they might start moving with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2023, 05:40 AM

200 posts, read 208,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troxfury View Post
Anybody know when they might start moving with this?
It’s not completed yet so might be a few months still: https://newyorkyimby.com/2023/08/mur...manhattan.html

Old 08-04-2023, 07:26 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
I think they need to stop rushing construction jobs, that’s why sh** be so shoddy in these new units. ppl have no patience. with that being said, just waaaait

Old 08-04-2023, 01:48 PM

20 posts, read 20,841 times
I went to do an apartment tour and they said they are going to be finished mid-September. However, I am unsure if that is when they'll start reviewing applications for the lottery.

Old 08-04-2023, 02:40 PM

250 posts, read 250,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkss View Post
I went to do an apartment tour and they said they are going to be finished mid-September. However, I am unsure if that is when they'll start reviewing applications for the lottery.
How were you able to get an apartment tour already?

Old 08-04-2023, 06:28 PM

20 posts, read 20,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
If you go on their website it lets you schedule a tour … I saw a two bedroom and a one bedroom. I didn’t ask if the layout of the lottery apartments were different because it didn’t seem like they dealt with that part and many of their apartments weren’t finished considering the fact that only a few one bedrooms and studios were up for listing for regular renters (non lottery).

Old 08-05-2023, 01:06 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
All market rate new multi-family (condos, co-ops, rentals) will give tours to those interested. This applies even to non-lottery rent regulated apartments. If building isn't new people can still be shown unit via real estate broker or salesperson handling the listing. It's no different really than looking to buy a house.

https://themurraynyc.com

People doing tours for "The Murray" are working on behalf of market rate units. They aren't involved yet or may be not at all with what happens with lottery units. Though it very well maybe when processing of log numbers begins and tours are offered for those selected same persons maybe doing the showing. It all depends upon what agent is handling lottery process and what scope they've been given.

Old 08-05-2023, 01:53 AM

77 posts, read 41,512 times
Quote:
doing tours for "The Murray"
Lol, I'm sorry but that is one lazy name for a building in Murray Hill. Maybe "The Hill" will be built on the other half of the block

Old 08-05-2023, 04:39 PM

11 posts, read 8,335 times
Log 344, no CB, 130 AMI… Very curious about how long it will take for me to get contacted at all. It would be the perfect unit for me.

Old 08-05-2023, 09:11 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I think they need to stop rushing construction jobs, that’s why sh** be so shoddy in these new units. ppl have no patience. with that being said, just waaaait
It's not "rushing" per se that is resulting in all this shoddy workmanship, but rather huge influx of non-union/day laborers being used by contractors or subs.

Yes, there are developers cutting corners as well. That has been going on for a few decades now and is result of boom in demand for new housing. Every eejit and his mother are pouring into NYC real estate market seeking to develop new projects. There is only so much quality talent around trade wise and some of these developers are doing things on shoestring budget. They need to get buildings done and units sold or rented in order to start making money so can pay off debt.

It isn't just rental and or lower end of market properties either; good number of new construction "luxury" rentals and condos have tons of issues. You can look up online how many condo owners are or have hauled developers into court over shoddy workmanship.

https://patch.com/new-york/upper-eas...e-lawsuit-says

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...aking-lawsuit/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/23/r...e-lawsuit.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery