Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 10:20 PM

75 posts, read 57,111 times

Advertisements

log# 40xxx, no preferences. i don’t expect to hear anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 10:55 PM

76 posts, read 40,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troxfury View Post
Anybody know when they might start moving with this?
From street level, it doesn't look like any of the units are occupied yet. Lots of uninstalled appliances and ladders are visible. Unit listings on Streeteasy pushed the availability date from Aug 1 to Sept 1. The unfinished ground-floor retail space now has the pedestrian path running through it, lol, since the E 34th sidewalk is torn up.

Old 08-13-2023, 08:30 PM

10 posts, read 5,543 times
Default 70% ami skipped?

Single person making g $73k - skipped in this lottery why? If I have a good log number does that mean I will be excluded?

Old 08-13-2023, 08:48 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtat View Post
Single person making g $73k - skipped in this lottery why? If I have a good log number does that mean I will be excluded?
This situation is common because the programs/government set the income maximums but the buildings choose the minimum incomes for each AMI. This means that even is AMIs next to each other (ex 70% and 80%) are available in a given building, the income brackets may not overlap.

Yes, your log number is irrelevant if you don't fit into any of the income brackets.

Old 08-14-2023, 05:42 PM

19 posts, read 15,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
This situation is common because the programs/government set the income maximums but the buildings choose the minimum incomes for each AMI. This means that even is AMIs next to each other (ex 70% and 80%) are available in a given building, the income brackets may not overlap.

Yes, your log number is irrelevant if you don't fit into any of the income brackets.
What if they contact you for a set aside unit for disability?

Old 08-14-2023, 08:35 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMNODTTM2 View Post
What if they contact you for a set aside unit for disability?
I don't really know what you're asking but regardless of a preference category, you still have to meet the income requirements.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:14 AM

19 posts, read 15,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I don't really know what you're asking but regardless of a preference category, you still have to meet the income requirements.
Yes, I meet the income requirements, I have a mobility disability preference and they started contacting me for all my information and let me know there’s mobility disability units available. So it seems promising I suppose!

Old 08-15-2023, 05:25 AM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMNODTTM2 View Post
Yes, I meet the income requirements, I have a mobility disability preference and they started contacting me for all my information and let me know there’s mobility disability units available. So it seems promising I suppose!
That’s great! Best of luck! And I guess this means people in other preference groups aren’t far behind.

Old 08-18-2023, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 804 times
My log# is 2xx. Do you think I got a chance?

Old 08-18-2023, 10:23 AM

20 posts, read 20,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCKYNYC View Post
My log# is 2xx. Do you think I got a chance?
Honestly, it all depends on how many are left over after the preferences. Even after that, it depends on how many non-preference people actually qualify that have lower log #s than you. This building only has 58 available units for the housing connect people, so hopefully you do get in! It's just a waiting game now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery