Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2023, 04:27 PM

7 posts, read 8,796 times

Advertisements

Wowwww! It’s absolutely beautiful. Congrats. I’m confused does that means there’s still one bedrooms available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 04:34 PM

72 posts, read 50,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooklynishome3 View Post
Wowwww! It’s absolutely beautiful. Congrats. I’m confused does that means there’s still one bedrooms available?
I believe there are no longer any 1 bedrooms available, or as another poster said, they aren’t finished yet.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:14 PM

38 posts, read 25,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortgreente View Post
I believe there are no longer any 1 bedrooms available, or as another poster said, they aren’t finished yet.
Absolutely stunning, I was asked to submit extra documents within 5 days yesterday since I’m working late I’ll do them by the end of tomorrow. The view is spectacular and the floor is so high up. I was really hoping for a one bedroom but if I get something I’ll be happy nonetheless. Congratulations to you!!!!

Old 08-24-2023, 09:41 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Wow wow wow. I’m in shock. The building is amazing. I had to clip some of the video for privacy but here is the unit I asked to move forward with:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xyc0o...rrecx22dz&dl=0

The real estate agent that showed the place said to contact the email we’ve been in contact with and list the unit number I preferred. Obviously, it was almost 5pm so no one has replied yet. He also said if I’m meeting him essentially that means I’ll be getting the unit, but who knows what the timeline for move-in will be.

As far as available units, he said that since residents were already living in the building they wouldn’t have been able to certify the building as habitable if the apartments weren’t ready. In any case, I was only shown studios but I’m more than happy with making it work.

You guys the gym was pristine and well-appointed. All the spaces were gorgeous and all the views from the three units I was shown were unbelievable.

I’ll update you on the process as things develop!

Good luck everyone! You’re gonna love this place.
All units aren't always 100% finished when people start moving in, this was the case in my current building. They were finishing apartments as people signed leases and the upper floors weren't done for a couple months after I moved in, which was already 6 months after the first person moved in.

Folks with a good log and/or preference for this building shouldn't lose hope.

Congrats on your new home and welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 08-25-2023, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
All units aren't always 100% finished when people start moving in, this was the case in my current building. They were finishing apartments as people signed leases and the upper floors weren't done for a couple months after I moved in, which was already 6 months after the first person moved in.

Folks with a good log and/or preference for this building shouldn't lose hope.

Congrats on your new home and welcome to the neighborhood!
I see I see. Thanks for the insight. I know sometimes they are able to transfer residents within the same building. You think it may be worth reaching out to the marketing agent to see if I can be on a waitlist for the 1 beds?

And thanks for the warm welcome!

Old 08-25-2023, 08:36 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
I see I see. Thanks for the insight. I know sometimes they are able to transfer residents within the same building. You think it may be worth reaching out to the marketing agent to see if I can be on a waitlist for the 1 beds?

And thanks for the warm welcome!
You haven't signed a lease yet? In that case you can definitely ask. When I toured at Brooklyn Crossing (couple blocks down from Paxton) I chose my preferred layout but requested the same line on a higher floor and they granted that request. This was before they sent my file to HPD though.

After you sign your lease, it can be more complicated and is usually up to your building management not the marketing agency. Some buildings don't allow transfers at all, others will have an internal waitlist to allow transfers between units as people move out.

Old 08-25-2023, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
You haven't signed a lease yet? In that case you can definitely ask. When I toured at Brooklyn Crossing (couple blocks down from Paxton) I chose my preferred layout but requested the same line on a higher floor and they granted that request. This was before they sent my file to HPD though.

After you sign your lease, it can be more complicated and is usually up to your building management not the marketing agency. Some buildings don't allow transfers at all, others will have an internal waitlist to allow transfers between units as people move out.
I haven’t signed yet. Tbh it’s kind of a pain to get ahold of the marketing agent. The person messaging me hasn’t supplied a name or a phone number to contact them with. I wonder what everyone else’s experience is so far.

Old 08-25-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I haven’t signed yet. Tbh it’s kind of a pain to get ahold of the marketing agent. The person messaging me hasn’t supplied a name or a phone number to contact them with. I wonder what everyone else’s experience is so far.
My Marketing Agent was quick to respond at first but I think I’m asking too many questions now so they aren’t as available they did have a phone number and usually picks up right away.

Old 08-25-2023, 04:36 PM

So confusing haha. I tried emailing asking for confirmation that my docs were submitted earlier on, and no one replied. I’m guessing by this point our paperwork should be going to the city for approval. I think at this stage they may start asking for additional document or income explanations, if they need it. Some people said this part can happen within two days or two weeks. So I guess now we wait!

I would love to know if they respond to your unit preference after your showing!

Old 08-25-2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:
So confusing haha. I tried emailing asking for confirmation that my docs were submitted earlier on, and no one replied. I’m guessing by this point our paperwork should be going to the city for approval. I think at this stage they may start asking for additional document or income explanations, if they need it. Some people said this part can happen within two days or two weeks. So I guess now we wait!

I would love to know if they respond to your unit preference after your showing!
Yes I added some income explanation in advance my only concern is a unit still being available if I’m approved there aren’t many studios or 1bd so I’m not sure how that works. Also, do they work Saturdays? I was told to email my documents in 5 days that’s a weekend I called today around 5pm no answer I emailed everything though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery