Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 05:22 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,036,595 times

Advertisements

Well I was mostly thinking a paint job. Also have no idea if the floor will be tile or laminate/wood in the living room/bedroom, I would want to put down new flooring if old tile. Plus, gotta pay whoever moves me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:24 PM

17 posts, read 29,270 times
I was reading old threads popartist I live in Bay Ridge too. Good luck you will be leaving way before me !!

Old 07-19-2014, 05:55 PM

99 posts, read 190,324 times
Does anyone know if they allow people with a past bankruptcy to get an apartment? I lost my job when the economy collapsed in 2008 and had to declare bankruptcy. My credit score has regained itself and now I am over 750 with no late payments in the past 4 years. When they look at credit is it just the score? Or will they disqualify because of a bankruptcy, etc.? Anyone know?

Old 07-20-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by click3times View Post
I was reading old threads popartist I live in Bay Ridge too. Good luck you will be leaving way before me !!
Thanks... yes, I have been living here for 14 years. Truth be told, I like Bay Ridge and I will miss some things about the neighborhood, although not the commute (especially late night). But I know that my current rental situation won't be this way forever, and I am ready to move on. Been spending some time on the LES lately, and there is a lot to like there as well, plus I will still be just as close - or closer - to most of the good stuff in Brooklyn as I am now in Bay Ridge.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:18 PM

329 posts, read 682,727 times
Robbie, you should be ok if I remember correctly (in pretty sure this question is answered in a older posting) you should be fine. Good luck

Old 07-20-2014, 09:47 PM

99 posts, read 190,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Robbie, you should be ok if I remember correctly (in pretty sure this question is answered in a older posting) you should be fine. Good luck
I'm going to go for it and hope for the best! Fingers crossed!

If anyone else has any other information on eligibility criteria and credit please post it. Many thanks!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:00 AM

Robbie,

I posted on 5/23/2014 -
* Credit Score should be above 640 (I'm not confirmed on this)

Hope that helps.
Depending on your number you will have a few more years before you move. That may buy some of us more time (I Know I'm one of them :-))

By the way the Phones are still not working... Just called and I still hear the busy tone.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Wanting_to_move, there was someone who posted a new topic (tried to get them into this one) about being called for a two-bedroom at Masaryk, didn't get what number they were though, but did say a little bit about the process:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ower-east.html

Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Thanks so much PopArtist!!!!!!!!
I just reached out!!!!

Thanks for thinking about me :-)
You'll have my first invite for out Dinner Party

Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Congrats Melizi !!!!!

I can only imagine how exciting this must be!

Do you mind if I asked you a couple of questions? I'm also on the 2 Bedroom list and I'm anticipating that my number will be called in the next year or two. I wanted to know that process, payment amount etc. so that I can be prepared!

Wanting_to_Move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery