Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 05:27 AM

18 posts, read 36,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick83 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I been selected on Masaryk Towers lottery list (one bedroom apt). My number is around 100. Anybody knows current number? Thank you
I am #110 on their 1-bedroom list and there are 66 people ahead of me who will be called before me. You can call office or visit management office where you can see the entire wait list. I think they are still on #3. We'll just practice patience and will get there sometime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 06:37 PM

329 posts, read 683,421 times
Hi guys hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Does anyone know if you live in a Mitchell-lama building, are you able to apply and transfer to another or join another one of the cities properties? The reason I'm asking is that Crossing Delancey will have middle income units for sale (it's a way away but you never know) and I would love to be a resident there instead.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:45 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,043,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Hi guys hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Does anyone know if you live in a Mitchell-lama building, are you able to apply and transfer to another or join another one of the cities properties? The reason I'm asking is that Crossing Delancey will have middle income units for sale (it's a way away but you never know) and I would love to be a resident there instead.
I don't think there are transfers, but with the way affordable housing stuff on new projects are run, it's likely there will be a 50% Community Board preference, so the chances would be much higher of getting in. Middle-income will likely mean a buying price of 200-300K, so you would need a bunch saved for a down payment.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Thanks Pop,
So you think it would be handled like a transfer of if I wanted to apply to another ML development. I thought it would be handled as a new application.

You are absolutely right about middle income limits. There is no room for the middle class. I guess I can always quite and have a low wage job!

Old 08-05-2015, 07:37 AM

10 posts, read 15,364 times
I read the thread often, but I don't post much. I am rather disappointed with how slow the 1 bedroom list is moving (list number-300s, 159 ppl ahead of me). I anticipated a call in 2016-2017, but that doesn't seem at all likely. Just venting... I thought there would be a bunch of 1 bedrooms opening up, but then again, even if families already in the coop need extra space, they may not want to upgrade-- their budgets might not allow it.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:34 AM

@mari_

It's ok to vent that's why we have this thread!!
I know it's slow!

So just to give you some idea of my journey! I applied in March 2010 number was 1100 or so. I checked the list January 2012 and the number was only 120. So I totally get it! You're always welcome to vent! We are here to listen!

Forget about the list for a couple of months I know it's hard especially if you have not so good living situation.

Is the one bedroom list still at number 3?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 AM

32 posts, read 56,461 times
The 1 bedroom is still at 3. I called yesterday. I am in the 30s so I'm keeping up to date but just like Mari I don't expect to be called until 2017.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Masaryk Towers ad from October 1967

Old 08-13-2015, 09:07 PM

483 posts, read 693,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
Question I forgot to ask, for a mitchell lama coop you have to show NYC residency correct? I have a friend that wants to put her name on lists when they open up, but iam telling her she cant with no nyc residency. Am i right or wrong
It depends, there are NY city based and there are NY state based; as other kind souls have said, a NY State resident can join the NY State-managed development list(s). The NYS developments are the ones with a waiting list online where you can check your placement. If your friend is resident in NJ or CT, then no.

http://www.nyshcr.org/Programs/Mitch...velopments.htm

Pro tip: if interested in any of the developments NYS residents should write for an app anyway, regardless of whether or not the development says "List Closed". Knickerbocker Village said "List Closed", simultaneous with it soliciting for its recent lottery, and I also got onto the list for Mayflower Terrace even though it says "List Closed".

Last edited by misskittytalks; 08-13-2015 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 08-15-2015, 02:26 PM

99 posts, read 190,947 times
There's a good reason why the list is moving so slow...NYC rental prices are OUT OF CONTROL. Places that used to be $2,000 a month in Manhattan are now $2,600 and up. No one can afford to move and is staying put. Marsaryk Towers is one of the best deals out there and residents know it! We have to wait for someone to die just to get in. But, once you do, you have just won GOLD for life! It's worth the wait. If you think the wait is TOO LONG, then I STRONGLY encourage you to remove yourself from the list. Me and everyone else will be very happy to take your place. LOL!!!! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery